Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 18 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 31

KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?

I was just lisenting to 570AM and they were interviewing Kobe and he said the final play of the game was drawn up for Lamar to take the last and that Kobe was a decoy.While I was watching that final play it just really looked like Odom didnt want the shot and the Knicks cut him off from driving and going to his strong side and Odom ended up taking a bad off balance fadeaway jumper to his right.

I know that this was Lamar's 10th game back from his injury that kept him out for over a month and that he's still not 100% health or in game shape.

But really at this point this is Odom's 3rd year know and I dont think he will ever be an allstar and will never realize and live up to his full potential.

I really would at this point try and trade Odom for Rashard Lewis and Earl Watson.Rashard Lewis is available and has already said that he will opt out his contract this summer.Watson would be a big improvement over Smush @ PG.

Lakers get:
Rashard Lewis
Earl Watson

Sonics get:
Lamar Odom
Aaron Mckie

Why the sonics do the trade? Because their trying to dump their high salaries.Rashard Lewis also has already said he will opt out of his contract from Seattle this summer.Also Sonics would be geting a expiring contract in Mckie and a versatile player in Odom to play with Ray Allen.

Why the Lakers do the trade? Lewis give them consistent scoring forward who can hit the 17 to 20 foot jumper and is above average 3 point shooter.Lewis & Kobe together Lewis can easily average 20 to 22 points and pull down 10 to 8 rebounds.Second the Lakers get help where they desperately need it with a defensive minded PG in Earl Watson who can also consistently knock down jumpers.

I also drew up this trade on ESPN trade machine and it went through:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=539~617~469~1027&teams=25~25~13~13

Last edited by KB8SD on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I'd do it. Shard is sort of one dimensional but he really is the perfect proven #2 guy.
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject:

I would do that no doubt.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject:

no, i wouldn't...

but then again, i didn't watch the game.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject:

If Ronny starts at PF we won't miss any of LO's rebounding. His jumper is just as good if not better and his defense is far superior. We'll just need another player to pick up the ball handling duties and Watson is certainly more adept than Smush has ever been.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't do it unless we find also find a way to plug in that hole at the 4 spot. Do you guys remember how awful our defense was when Odom was out? Even though our defense is still not very good, it was even worser when he was out. Whos gonna play 4 spot? Vlad? Dont think so.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject:

so the starting lineup would be:

watson
kobe
shard
ronny
bynum

i still don't feel that it makes the team any better
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:

watson
kobe
shard
ronny
bynum

What about the fact that we get better defensively at 3 positions?
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject:

Look at what the starting would be after the trade:

C: Kwame Brown
PF: Rashard Lewis
SF: Luke Walton
SG: Kobe
PG: Earl Watson

Bench:
Bynum
Turiaf
Radmonvic
Evans
Mihm
Cook
Farmar
Smush
Sasha
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
If Ronny starts at PF we won't miss any of LO's rebounding. His jumper is just as good if not better and his defense is far superior. We'll just need another player to pick up the ball handling duties and Watson is certainly more adept than Smush has ever been.

We already have the perfect faciltator ball handler in Luke Walton
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject:

Heck no. Rashard is one of the most overrated players @ LG along with ElY.
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject:

Shard is a spot up shooter, and can do nothing else so he wont need plays called for him, which makes him perfect next to Kobe. Lamar has a real talent, and needs plays called for him and the ball to be the player he can be. It's just not working, the Lakers should definitely look to trade him.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject:

This looks like a lateral move. This is why we should make that trade for Bibby. We're trading non-quality for a quality guy, who's not afraid to take the big shot.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject:

NBAFan07 wrote:
Shard is a spot up shooter, and can do nothing else so he wont need plays called for him, which makes him perfect next to Kobe. Lamar has a real talent, and needs plays called for him and the ball to be the player he can be. It's just not working, the Lakers should definitely look to trade him.

Lamar needs to grow a pair and demand the ball when he has a mismatch. He also needs to work on his midrange game, post up game, his right hand. The guy just needs to work on his game and have the desire to want to score.

^^ Farmar

uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject:

NBAFan07 wrote:
He's also very good at posting up and shooting the turnaround jumper.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:
This looks like a lateral move. This is why we should make that trade for Bibby. We're trading non-quality for a quality guy, who's not afraid to take the big shot.

I agree, Rashard is a better scorer but that is it. Where would Luke start? We already allow tons of offensive rebounds, now imagine that without our best rebounder.

I am 100% with you on Bibby. Two scorers like Kobe and Bibby, and I am sure Odom would be more comfortable with his role and even with the lack of defense, we would be able to outscore a majority of the teams in this league on a nightly basis.
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject:

no player should have to demand the ball, thats the coaches job, especially when you pay him 10M per. its his jobs to call the plays, and make sure everyone runs the offense. if a guys open, pass him the ball. thats basic basketball
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject:

Trade Odom for Luke Walton
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
Heck no. Rashard is one of the most overrated players @ LG along with ElY.

I disagree.Lewis I think is really one of the most under rated players in the League.He's just on a really bad team where Ray Allen gets all the attention.

If you look at the final shot drawn up for Odom you'll see how one dimensional Odom offensive game is.Shut the left side off his strong side and force him right like the Knicks did tonight and well you know the result.

And N0! This is the first time we seen this.

We've seen it now for 3 years with being a Laker and him playing with Kobe.

Last edited by KB8SD on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?

KB8SD wrote:
I was just lisenting to 570AM and they were interviewing Kobe and he said the final play of the game was drawn up for Lamar to take the last and that Kobe was a decoy.While I was watching that final play it just really looked like Odom didnt want the shot and the Knicks cut him off from driving and going to his strong side and Odom ended up taking a bad off balance fadeaway jumper to his right.

I know that this was Lamar's 10th game back from his injury that kept him out for over a month and that he's still not 100% health or in game shape.

But really at this point this is Odom's 3rd year know and I dont think he will ever be an allstar and will never realize and live up to his full potential.

I really would at this point try and trade Odom for Rashard Lewis and Earl Watson.Rashard Lewis is available and has already said that he will opt out his contract this summer.Watson would be a big improvement over Smush @ PG.

Lakers get:
Rashard Lewis
Earl Watson

Sonics get:
Lamar Odom
Aaron Mckie

Why the sonics do the trade? Because their trying to dump their high salaries.Rashard Lewis also has already said he will opt out of his contract from Seattle this summer.Also Sonics would be geting a expiring contract in Mckie and a versatile player in Odom to play with Ray Allen.

Why the Lakers do the trade? Lewis give them consistent scoring forward who can hit the 17 to 20 foot jumper and is above average 3 point shooter.Lewis & Kobe together Lewis can easily average 20 to 22 points and pull down 10 to 8 rebounds.Second the Lakers get help where they desperately need it with a defensive minded PG in Earl Watson who can also consistently knock down jumpers.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=539~617~469~1027&teams=25~25~13~13

that doesn't make any sense, how would the sonics be dumping salary by trading a guy who is going to opt out for lamar who is going to get paid around 12-14 million a year over the next two years?

i'm not really sure how lewis would fit in the triangle, he can score and shoot, but would he fit in the passing half court set style? i'm not an expert on this kind of stuff, but i'm not sure if he would fit or not.

is watson really a defensive minded pg?

it's not the worst idea i've heard, but don't know if i'd do it and what if lewis opts out and leaves for somewhere else?
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject:

Odom will be fine on February 23rd. He does this around every trade deadline. I don't know why, it is not like he is always mentioned in trades.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject:

NBAFan07 wrote:

lewis can score, he isn't just a shooter.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

Lakers get:
Rashard Lewis
Earl Watson

Sonics get:
Lamar Odom
Aaron Mckie

that doesn't make any sense, how would the sonics be dumping salary by trading a guy who is going to opt out for lamar who is going to get paid around 12-14 million a year over the next two years?

i'm not really sure how lewis would fit in the triangle, he can score and shoot, but would he fit in the passing half court set style? i'm not an expert on this kind of stuff, but i'm not sure if he would fit or not.

is watson really a defensive minded pg?

it's not the worst idea i've heard, but don't know if i'd do it and what if lewis opts out and leaves for somewhere else?

The trade makes sense because of the current collective barganing agreement you need to match player salaries to make a trade work, which both teams would be doing.Second the Sonics would be geting rid of Earl Waston's salary and at the end of this season Aaron Mckie's contract would come off their books.Also the Sonics would be geting something for Lewis rather than possibly losing him for nothing when Lewis opts out this summer.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

watson
kobe
shard
ronny
bynum

What about the fact that we get better defensively at 3 positions?

i don't really think shard's all that of an improvement defensively over luke. watson>smush definitely in terms of defense. i don't even know if ronny>LO. he may be, but is the difference that big?

i'm not sure why, i just don't like the idea of LO for shard
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:

what's the supposed offer for bibby?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: