Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 18 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 31

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?

KB8SD wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
I was just lisenting to 570AM and they were interviewing Kobe and he said the final play of the game was drawn up for Lamar to take the last and that Kobe was a decoy.While I was watching that final play it just really looked like Odom didnt want the shot and the Knicks cut him off from driving and going to his strong side and Odom ended up taking a bad off balance fadeaway jumper to his right.

I know that this was Lamar's 10th game back from his injury that kept him out for over a month and that he's still not 100% health or in game shape.

But really at this point this is Odom's 3rd year know and I dont think he will ever be an allstar and will never realize and live up to his full potential.

I really would at this point try and trade Odom for Rashard Lewis and Earl Watson.Rashard Lewis is available and has already said that he will opt out his contract this summer.Watson would be a big improvement over Smush @ PG.

Lakers get:
Rashard Lewis
Earl Watson

Sonics get:
Lamar Odom
Aaron Mckie

Why the sonics do the trade? Because their trying to dump their high salaries.Rashard Lewis also has already said he will opt out of his contract from Seattle this summer.Also Sonics would be geting a expiring contract in Mckie and a versatile player in Odom to play with Ray Allen.

Why the Lakers do the trade? Lewis give them consistent scoring forward who can hit the 17 to 20 foot jumper and is above average 3 point shooter.Lewis & Kobe together Lewis can easily average 20 to 22 points and pull down 10 to 8 rebounds.Second the Lakers get help where they desperately need it with a defensive minded PG in Earl Watson who can also consistently knock down jumpers.

I also drew up this trade on ESPN trade machine and it went through:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=539~617~469~1027&teams=25~25~13~13

that doesn't make any sense, how would the sonics be dumping salary by trading a guy who is going to opt out for lamar who is going to get paid around 12-14 million a year over the next two years?

i'm not really sure how lewis would fit in the triangle, he can score and shoot, but would he fit in the passing half court set style? i'm not an expert on this kind of stuff, but i'm not sure if he would fit or not.

is watson really a defensive minded pg?

it's not the worst idea i've heard, but don't know if i'd do it and what if lewis opts out and leaves for somewhere else?

The trade makes sense because of the current collective barganing agreement you need to match player salaries to make a trade work, which both teams would be doing.Second the Sonics would be geting rid of Earl Waston's salary and at the end of this season Aaron Mckie's contract would come off their books.Also the Sonics would be geting something for Lewis rather than possibly losing him for nothing when Lewis opts out this summer.

uh, i'm aware that salaries need to match, but you said the sonics would do this because they're trying to dump salaries, but they wouldn't be dumping salary by exchanging lewis for odom assuming that it's correct that lewis will opt out.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
ProjectAB wrote:
This looks like a lateral move. This is why we should make that trade for Bibby. We're trading non-quality for a quality guy, who's not afraid to take the big shot.

what's the supposed offer for bibby?

it's not known if there is an offer on the table for bibby or if there is even in fact talk. if i had to guess what it would take, it's probably similar to the kidd package, but with less expirings.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject:

if we have a deal in place using radmanovic and others for a pf - sure. i'd make this trade.

but if its dependable outside shooting we're looking for, i think m.miller should be the target.
he should also cost us less in assets, or if we do use odom to get miller (probably by a 3rd team - bulls ?) - we should be very well compensated - more than earl watson's worth...

i'd do:

blazers trade: magloire, dickau
blazers get: mihm, mckie, shammond, bobcats' 2nd, lakers' 2nd.

memphis trades: m.miller, cardinal
memphis gets: magloire, vlad, lakers' 1st rd pick

lakers trade: vlad, mihm, mckie, shammond, all 3 picks.
lakers get: m.miller, b.cardinal, d.dickau

we give up our picks, but we get the outside shooting we need without giving up odom. luke is demoted to the bench, cook becomes trade bait, and odom can still be moved for a real pf if we want to do that.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
if we have a deal in place using radmanovic and others for a pf - sure. i'd make this trade.

but if its dependable outside shooting we're looking for, i think m.miller should be the target.
he should also cost us less in assets, or if we do use odom to get miller (probably by a 3rd team - bulls ?) - we should be very well compensated - more than earl watson's worth...

i'd do:

we give up our picks, but we get the outside shooting we need without giving up odom. luke is demoted to the bench, cook becomes trade bait, and odom can still be moved for a real pf if we want to do that.

why would memphis be looking to trade miller?
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Odom For Rashard Lewis & Earl Watson ?

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
I was just lisenting to 570AM and they were interviewing Kobe and he said the final play of the game was drawn up for Lamar to take the last and that Kobe was a decoy.While I was watching that final play it just really looked like Odom didnt want the shot and the Knicks cut him off from driving and going to his strong side and Odom ended up taking a bad off balance fadeaway jumper to his right.

I know that this was Lamar's 10th game back from his injury that kept him out for over a month and that he's still not 100% health or in game shape.

But really at this point this is Odom's 3rd year know and I dont think he will ever be an allstar and will never realize and live up to his full potential.

I really would at this point try and trade Odom for Rashard Lewis and Earl Watson.Rashard Lewis is available and has already said that he will opt out his contract this summer.Watson would be a big improvement over Smush @ PG.

Lakers get:
Rashard Lewis
Earl Watson

Sonics get:
Lamar Odom
Aaron Mckie

Why the sonics do the trade? Because their trying to dump their high salaries.Rashard Lewis also has already said he will opt out of his contract from Seattle this summer.Also Sonics would be geting a expiring contract in Mckie and a versatile player in Odom to play with Ray Allen.

Why the Lakers do the trade? Lewis give them consistent scoring forward who can hit the 17 to 20 foot jumper and is above average 3 point shooter.Lewis & Kobe together Lewis can easily average 20 to 22 points and pull down 10 to 8 rebounds.Second the Lakers get help where they desperately need it with a defensive minded PG in Earl Watson who can also consistently knock down jumpers.

I also drew up this trade on ESPN trade machine and it went through:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=539~617~469~1027&teams=25~25~13~13

that doesn't make any sense, how would the sonics be dumping salary by trading a guy who is going to opt out for lamar who is going to get paid around 12-14 million a year over the next two years?

i'm not really sure how lewis would fit in the triangle, he can score and shoot, but would he fit in the passing half court set style? i'm not an expert on this kind of stuff, but i'm not sure if he would fit or not.

is watson really a defensive minded pg?

it's not the worst idea i've heard, but don't know if i'd do it and what if lewis opts out and leaves for somewhere else?

The trade makes sense because of the current collective barganing agreement you need to match player salaries to make a trade work, which both teams would be doing.Second the Sonics would be geting rid of Earl Waston's salary and at the end of this season Aaron Mckie's contract would come off their books.Also the Sonics would be geting something for Lewis rather than possibly losing him for nothing when Lewis opts out this summer.

uh, i'm aware that salaries need to match, but you said the sonics would do this because they're trying to dump salaries, but they wouldn't be dumping salary by exchanging lewis for odom assuming that it's correct that lewis will opt out.

What dont you get? The salaries the Sonics would be dumping are:
-Earl Watson's contract $5 Million for each of the next 4 seasons.
- Aaron Mckie's contract $2.5 million at the end of this season.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject:

I don't at all see how Seattle makes this move. If they wanted to go with a small lineup with Odom still at the 4 and Wilcox in the middle, they could run but then give away a lot if their perimeter defense wouldn't improve. It is more likely that they deal Lewis for an expiring contract, a young player and pick.

I think one of two things need to be done to help Lamar, provided they are possible and in the best interest of the entire team. Either add a PG to initiate (Kidd?) and use Lamar in the post more, or send a package for a post player at PF and figure on Lamar playing 40mpg at the 3. The truth is though, if he isn't going to be agressive and be a go to guy (like the start of the season) he is too expensive to have as a 3rd scorer.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
davidse wrote:

i'd do:

i'm not sure "looking" is the right term, but if they can clear another 9 mil in cap space next summer (which this deal does for them) in addition to the cap space they already have coming, and add a 1st rd pick, i think its a reasonalbe move for a rebuilding team.

vlad may actually get some nice minutes being a good comlement to gay at sf, and they unload cardinal's dead weight - they have too many pf's as is (and a top pick in a draft that's full of them...).
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Take it from someone in the NW who sees a lot of Sonic games: Lewis is fools gold. He can shoot the lights out but melts when the game is on the line. He is a coach killer (ask the current portland coach) who helped ray run off the guy who got them to 50 wins because neither liked hard practice, defense, or accountability. The next rebound he fights for will be the first. He's a phenomenal athlete at 6-10 with underrated handles who can't be bothered to drive. He hates contact. He hates playing defense (i know I already said that but it bears repeating).

All in all, Lewis is one of those guys who looks good putting up stats when things don't matter, but is absent when crunch time hits. Think of Alex Rodriguez with TO's ego, and Shaq's work ethic.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
davidse wrote:

i'd do:

i'm not sure "looking" is the right term, but if they can clear another 9 mil in cap space next summer (which this deal does for them) in addition to the cap space they already have coming, and add a 1st rd pick, i think its a reasonalbe move for a rebuilding team.

vlad may actually get some nice minutes being a good comlement to gay at sf, and they unload cardinal's dead weight - they have too many pf's as is (and a top pick in a draft that's full of them...).

they value miller a lot more than that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: