To Emply ::: Whats going on with Kidd ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject:

drew4lakers wrote:

Why wouldn't NJ just send Carter to Memphis for Gasol and keep Kidd? (If they could get away with it)

Because they can't get away with it. Why would the Logo give up Gasol in order to get Carter?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject:

who would leave Memp. at the end of the year???
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
drew4lakers wrote:

Why wouldn't NJ just send Carter to Memphis for Gasol and keep Kidd? (If they could get away with it)

Because they can't get away with it. Why would the Logo give up Gasol in order to get Carter?

Rhetorical question.
vakobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Michlake wrote:
quick question to anyone "in the know"

I know the odds are still against a Kidd trade, but in your opinion are the odds of landing Kidd better than the odds of previous trade deadline trade targets?

I remember people saying T-mac, Artest, Boozer, even KG were once possiblities at previous deadlines.

Well the Boozer trade was all but done until Jack Haley messed it up by jumping the gun and announcing it too early.... I remember he even put up a visual on TV showing Boozer to the Lakers for Butler. This made the Jazz get cold feet and backed out of it. How things could be different today if we got BOOZER!! He is just what we need in the Tri and on the low post!

Anyway about Kidd.... I know we already have a thead I just made this one so Emply could see it easier.... we could merge it with the other one now!

I can't believe that people actually believe that some radio announcer had the power to stop a major NBA trade from happening. As if the Jazz didn't realize they were getting hosed until Haley opened their eyes.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

BTW, there were two Boozer deals. The first one -- the infamous "Haleyed" deal -- was two years ago. There was also a three-way last year with GSW, which fell apart when GS wouldn't include Pietrus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject:

larry, what is the infamous haley incident?
Laker_Holic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject:

Emplay please tell us something is happening
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject:

Nothing new. This was already talked about before
Quote:
February 15, 2007 -- The NBA All-Star Game, of course, can survive without Jason Kidd.

The Nets are another matter.

Kidd announced yesterday that he will not play in Sunday's All-Star Game because of a lower-back strain that also forced him to miss the Nets' two final games before the break. Commissioner David Stern chose Atlanta's Joe Johnson to replace Kidd, who was selected as a reserve by the coaches. Kidd will attend the weekend's festivities in Las Vegas.

"I think he wants to go," team president Rod Thorn said yesterday. "The rehabbing and just not doing anything, getting a little time off has been good for him. The doctor feels confident he'll respond."

The Nets certainly hope so. The Spurs almost broke a sweat in romping to a 25-point victory Tuesday over the Kidd-less Nets, who took their act to Toronto last night, again without Kidd. If all goes well, he will play against the Hornets on Wednesday in New Jersey.

"It was an honor to be selected by the coaches to participate in this year's All-Star Game," Kidd, selected to appear in his eighth game, said in a statement released by the team. "However, my injury needs rest in order to heal properly, so I will unfortunately not be able to play."

At least Sunday. Wednesday, the Nets have fingers crossed. Kidd will use a comfy, private jet service to go back and forth to Vegas, so there should be no strain on his back. Even if he wanted to skip the weekend's nonsense, the NBA mandates injured players attend. A league spokesman said players who fail to show are subject to fines determined by Stern. So the Nets hope Kidd just takes it easy and is ready Wednesday. They know how awful life can be minus him.

"We can't make excuses. We've been shorthanded for the better part of the year," said coach Lawrence Frank.

But they haven't been shorthanded without Kidd. Then seeing the Nets against the Spurs gave a glimpse of what would happen if he were traded. Again, the chances of Kidd going to the Lakers for a package that could best be described personnel-wise as junk is virtually non-existent. But stranger things have happened.

And while the Nets and Lakers have not spoken directly in more than three weeks, the proposal - with a return of Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie, Jordan Farmar and Kwame Brown - has been discussed and considered in Nets circles, as recently as the past week. An earlier variation that included Smush Parker went nowhere.

"There are eight days to go before the trading deadline," Thorn said before adding with a laugh, "nothing's imminent, but there are eight days to go."

Not sure if this was posted already.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
Nothing new. This was already talked about before
Quote:
February 15, 2007 -- The NBA All-Star Game, of course, can survive without Jason Kidd.

The Nets are another matter.

Kidd announced yesterday that he will not play in Sunday's All-Star Game because of a lower-back strain that also forced him to miss the Nets' two final games before the break. Commissioner David Stern chose Atlanta's Joe Johnson to replace Kidd, who was selected as a reserve by the coaches. Kidd will attend the weekend's festivities in Las Vegas.

"I think he wants to go," team president Rod Thorn said yesterday. "The rehabbing and just not doing anything, getting a little time off has been good for him. The doctor feels confident he'll respond."

The Nets certainly hope so. The Spurs almost broke a sweat in romping to a 25-point victory Tuesday over the Kidd-less Nets, who took their act to Toronto last night, again without Kidd. If all goes well, he will play against the Hornets on Wednesday in New Jersey.

"It was an honor to be selected by the coaches to participate in this year's All-Star Game," Kidd, selected to appear in his eighth game, said in a statement released by the team. "However, my injury needs rest in order to heal properly, so I will unfortunately not be able to play."

At least Sunday. Wednesday, the Nets have fingers crossed. Kidd will use a comfy, private jet service to go back and forth to Vegas, so there should be no strain on his back. Even if he wanted to skip the weekend's nonsense, the NBA mandates injured players attend. A league spokesman said players who fail to show are subject to fines determined by Stern. So the Nets hope Kidd just takes it easy and is ready Wednesday. They know how awful life can be minus him.

"We can't make excuses. We've been shorthanded for the better part of the year," said coach Lawrence Frank.

But they haven't been shorthanded without Kidd. Then seeing the Nets against the Spurs gave a glimpse of what would happen if he were traded. Again, the chances of Kidd going to the Lakers for a package that could best be described personnel-wise as junk is virtually non-existent. But stranger things have happened.

And while the Nets and Lakers have not spoken directly in more than three weeks, the proposal - with a return of Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie, Jordan Farmar and Kwame Brown - has been discussed and considered in Nets circles, as recently as the past week. An earlier variation that included Smush Parker went nowhere.

"There are eight days to go before the trading deadline," Thorn said before adding with a laugh, "nothing's imminent, but there are eight days to go."

Not sure if this was posted already.

If the news isn't less than 10 minutes old, then it's probably been posted 100 times already. This one was yesterday so I'd say it's been posted a few hundred times. :O
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:

Laker_Holic wrote:

Not Emplay, but something is happening. Film at 11.

The more I hear about this deal, the more unlikely I feel that it will happen. Mitch is usually stealth, working under the cover of dark and silence. This doesn't seem to be his style. The Kwame deal was mentioned before it happened, but I can't remember this many different news outlets picking it up and running with it (I was actually camping the week it happened, so if it was like this, never mind).
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The more I hear about this deal, the more unlikely I feel that it will happen. Mitch is usually stealth, working under the cover of dark and silence. This doesn't seem to be his style. The Kwame deal was mentioned before it happened, but I can't remember this many different news outlets picking it up and running with it (I was actually camping the week it happened, so if it was like this, never mind).

The counter-argument to this would be that while Mitch keeps it quiet, it ultimately depends on BOTH sides keeping quiet, and NJ has been intentionally leaking stuff to the media in order to drive up the price.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Holic wrote:

Not Emplay, but something is happening. Film at 11.

The Kwame deal actually did come out of nowhere. Vecsey broke it a day or two before it went down, but there weren't rumblings the way that there are about this deal.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The counter-argument to this would be that while Mitch keeps it quiet, it ultimately depends on BOTH sides keeping quiet, and NJ has been intentionally leaking stuff to the media in order to drive up the price.

Maybe NJ is using the Lakers as leverage to get better offers. It seems to be the trend going around the league lately.
PrestoDone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Maybe NJ is using the Lakers as leverage to get better offers. It seems to be the trend going around the league lately.

Its been the trend for the past 15 years. Every time a free agent that fills a laker need is out there they use us as leverage.

Xbox360 Gamer Tag: PrestoDone
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject:

If that is what NJ is doing, then I would guess they really have little else in the way of offers.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject:

JSM wrote:
Kidd on NBA TV.

He said he should be back after the break, ready to play on Wednesday (hopefully in LA).

They asked him about the trade rumors and the Lakers. He said you always have to have a bag packed. He understands it's a business and some times a team will want to go younger, trade a player for a player, or will want to get cash or whatever. He's enjoyed NJ. If he has to be traded, he'll be sad because he's had so many great days in NJ.

from CL
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject:

BS
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
BS

what my post,
check there JSM is a mod
he posted it down midway down on page 88 of the kidd thread
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
BS

Actually that is all true, it was on NBA TV. The deal I think is going to happen.

Go Lakers
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject:

i thought the whole Kidd thing on NBA TV was BS that someone made up...

my bad 10scott10..I wasn't trying to say your post was BS.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
JSM wrote:
Kidd on NBA TV.

He said he should be back after the break, ready to play on Wednesday (hopefully in LA).

They asked him about the trade rumors and the Lakers. He said you always have to have a bag packed. He understands it's a business and some times a team will want to go younger, trade a player for a player, or will want to get cash or whatever. He's enjoyed NJ. If he has to be traded, he'll be sad because he's had so many great days in NJ.

from CL

Interesting. I wonder if he would reflect on his days in NJ if he knew he was staying there?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The other counter argument is that at the time Caron wasn't really on the radar and Kwame was a bust. Leaking a Kwame for Caron deal weeks ahead of time doesn't do much to generate TV ratings/page views, etc. No one outside of LG/CL and RealGM would have cared. Jason Kidd generates buzz and interest among the wider NBA audience. So post a Kidd trade rumor because people care. Major news outlets aren't going to run with a Kwame-Caron trade because it just wasn't all that interesting (even though Vecsey did have the scoop on that too).
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject:

Laker_Holic wrote:

No offense to Emplay, but I've never seen him provide any news or rumors which weren't already all over the place. He doesn't seem have any special inside sources. My guess is he'll find out about any trades at the same time the rest of us do, whent he Lakers announce it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject:

I suspect Kidd really doesn't know much more than anyone else, except the GMs who actually talking about deals. My guess is NJ is going to sit tight unless someone comes up with a deal that knocks their socks off. I don't think there is going to be the fire sale for Kidd that some people are hoping for.

venturalakersfan wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
JSM wrote:
Kidd on NBA TV.

from CL

Interesting. I wonder if he would reflect on his days in NJ if he knew he was staying there?
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:

For some reason I'm not feeling good about the Kidd trade happening.

Hope I'm wrong.

Jake Speed, 1986
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: