Why are the Lakers not doing anything???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Why are the Lakers not doing anything???

Why are there no trades and no shufling of the Laker roster????
They made Minimal changes too the roster in the offseason that i dont understand really.

Your paying top dollar for one of the greatest coaches of all time to coach this team, a coach who probably wont be around for many more seasons.
You have one of the top 10 players in the league of the past 10-15 years who is in the prime of his career!
It has been shown time and time again players reach theyre prime at the age of 27-28 to 30-31 this is the time superstars still have much of theyre athletisism,explosivness and quickness while theyre able too read the game better and dominate games better at that age.
All the great ones did it.

It was clear last season and even clearer this team do not have enough talent or skill to compete with the higher echelon teams, i think everyone knows it, i think Phil and Kobe will both me happy too make the playoffs and scratch into the second round maybe.
Smush is not a point guard of a championship material team.

Lamar os far too inconsistent(i thought the day Caron got traded for Brown that it was a mistake if trade either one of them i would rather had traded Odom he is too inconsistent and injury prone you newer know where you have him while i Knew Caron would do fine , he has the work ethic and desire and mind set too become a spezial player and his way of playing also complemented Kobes game a lot better!!!! Also getting i refuse too believe the Lakers could not have gotten something better than Brown for either Lamar or Caron!!!!!)

Brown is garbage allways will be! I rather have Turiaf on my team and give him minutes i see a lot more upside in his game than Kwames!!!!
Turiaf Can become a helluva rebounder and defender.

I mean there are trades out there to be made!
Phil and Kobe on the Lakers only have so many season so the time is NOW to make something happen, if they dont they might as well save theyre money and let Phil walk and pay some lesser coach less money,trade Kobe and start rebuilding!!!
This is the Lakers THE LAKERS if they are not in the running for a championship it is time to start from scratch and rebuild dammit
and i want to win NOW!
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject:

What exactly does being the lakers supposed to mean. Lakers aren't anything differen't from everybody else in the league yes they have won championships and all that but as far as I know past championships have nothing to do with this season , this team was a hell of a lot worse last season and the year before that and they still didn't make no big trade.I don't really care if you think Kwame is garbage thats your opinion but this team needs his defense badly.
DJ Qube
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Minus the injuries, this is the same team that used to be 26 and 13. Some people were talking about this squad making a title run this or next year. We are in a funk and can still make improvements, esp @ PG, no doubt about it, but this roster as it stands has the ability to perform. Remember that string of games where the bench actually went out and dominated?
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: h

yeah that is the start of the season now when teams are ready too play us the Lakers arent responding, what is the record 11 losses in the last 15?

The Lakers are and allways will be the Lakers and with that comes a certain tradition that other teams dont have but i have felt that the past seasons or about since West left the Lakers havent made the right choices.
Is it Mitch or Buss or Phil i really do not know but i know that through out the 90s even in 94 when we didnt even make the playoffs i still allways felt more optimistic about this teams future, we made really good trades and drafts i feel that since West left those actions have been absence.
The jury is still out on bynum but i like the kid and hope is keeps improving
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject:

DJ Qube wrote:
Minus the injuries, this is the same team that used to be 26 and 13. Some people were talking about this squad making a title run this or next year. We are in a funk and can still make improvements, esp @ PG, no doubt about it, but this roster as it stands has the ability to perform. Remember that string of games where the bench actually went out and dominated?
Very true, but some Laker fans aren't happy if they can't (bleep) about something, ANYTHING.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
DJ Qube wrote:
Very true, but some Laker fans aren't happy if they can't (bleep) about something, ANYTHING.

That team was 26 and 13 on pure luck. Only difference right now is the end of game plays/calls aren't going our way. You can't expect to contend if EVERY game is a nail-biter...
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are the Lakers not doing anything???

Lakerfan1-Iceland wrote:
It was clear last season and even clearer this team do not have enough talent or skill to compete with the higher echelon teams,

We took Phoenix to 7 games last year!!

Don't bash Lamar, hes recovering from his injury... Give him till about May or June... By then he'll be in tip top shape ready for next year (since he will be on vacation already)
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are the Lakers not doing anything???

Lakerfan1-Iceland wrote:
They made Minimal changes too the roster in the offseason that i dont understand really.

Your paying top dollar for one of the greatest coaches of all time to coach this team, a coach who probably wont be around for many more seasons.
You have one of the top 10 players in the league of the past 10-15 years who is in the prime of his career!
It has been shown time and time again players reach theyre prime at the age of 27-28 to 30-31 this is the time superstars still have much of theyre athletisism,explosivness and quickness while theyre able too read the game better and dominate games better at that age.
All the great ones did it.

It was clear last season and even clearer this team do not have enough talent or skill to compete with the higher echelon teams, i think everyone knows it, i think Phil and Kobe will both me happy too make the playoffs and scratch into the second round maybe.
Smush is not a point guard of a championship material team.

Lamar os far too inconsistent(i thought the day Caron got traded for Brown that it was a mistake if trade either one of them i would rather had traded Odom he is too inconsistent and injury prone you newer know where you have him while i Knew Caron would do fine , he has the work ethic and desire and mind set too become a spezial player and his way of playing also complemented Kobes game a lot better!!!! Also getting i refuse too believe the Lakers could not have gotten something better than Brown for either Lamar or Caron!!!!!)

Brown is garbage allways will be! I rather have Turiaf on my team and give him minutes i see a lot more upside in his game than Kwames!!!!
Turiaf Can become a helluva rebounder and defender.

I mean there are trades out there to be made!
Phil and Kobe on the Lakers only have so many season so the time is NOW to make something happen, if they dont they might as well save theyre money and let Phil walk and pay some lesser coach less money,trade Kobe and start rebuilding!!!
This is the Lakers THE LAKERS if they are not in the running for a championship it is time to start from scratch and rebuild dammit
and i want to win NOW!
yeah lets trade kobe too. he's a big ball hog! vescey said it himself!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are the Lakers not doing anything???

Lakerfan1-Iceland wrote:
Why are there no trades and no shufling of the Laker roster????!

The answer is pretty obvious: Like most teams, they haven't found a deal that they thought would benefit the team, and the odds are that, as it will be for most teams, the trade deadline will pass without them making a deal.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
re4ee wrote:
DJ Qube wrote:

That team was 26 and 13 on pure luck.

And a favorable schedule.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I have to admit that last year i was one of those desperately hoping something would happen. Day by day as we inched closer to the deadline i kept hoping and hoping - and then nothing.

Perhaps not coincidentally, the Lakers started playing better so i didn't think about anymore until the off season.

That last go-around just burnt me out.

When the Lakers are playing poorly its easier to look for improvement to come in through trade or via free agent pick up. And then if that doesn't happen, bash management.

When i take a deep breath and think - what matters is that if we do make moves they truly improve our team.

I'll be as happy as anyone if we can make a solid move. But I'm not going to hold my breath anymore waiting for one to happen.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject:

a trade can't happen in a day.
all indications point to one happening, but i take everything with a grain of salt

btw from jason kidd on NBATV earlier
JSM wrote:
Kidd on NBA TV.

He said he should be back after the break, ready to play on Wednesday (hopefully in LA).

They asked him about the trade rumors and the Lakers. He said you always have to have a bag packed. He understands it's a business and some times a team will want to go younger, trade a player for a player, or will want to get cash or whatever. He's enjoyed NJ. If he has to be traded, he'll be sad because he's had so many great days in NJ.
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Kidd will be a Laker and it will happen before Wednesday's game. They are doing something.
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject:

kidd hurry up get a divorce and come to LA
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Kidd, get your divorce because an appointment with Bubba is next. Seriously, the things that Kidd did that were described in that document resemble what you'd see from a Hannibal movie, as opposed to just simple domestic abuse.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject:

it's a business JK...and the Lakers are in the business of winning championships (well, I hope they still are!!)
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
bigdog2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject:

bluestorm1990 wrote:
What exactly does being the lakers supposed to mean. Lakers aren't anything differen't from everybody else in the league yes they have won championships and all that but as far as I know past championships have nothing to do with this season , this team was a hell of a lot worse last season and the year before that and they still didn't make no big trade.I don't really care if you think Kwame is garbage thats your opinion but this team needs his defense badly.

You tell the freaking jaskass.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
re4ee wrote:
DJ Qube wrote:

That team was 26 and 13 on pure luck. Only difference right now is the end of game plays/calls aren't going our way. You can't expect to contend if EVERY game is a nail-biter...

Oh come on, there is no other team playoff team who has had as many injuries as the Lakers have this season. We've haven't had our starting five together for 3 months, and most of the season we've been operating on just 60% of our starting lineup for over half the season. The Lakers have hit a tough stretch, they had a rough schedule, and they have been spread thin by injury. We've really only got one center right now, and he's a kid who has never played anywhere remotely near the minutes he's playing right now ever. He's wearing down. Our backup centers are all power forwards, and they haven't matched up well. Radmanovic has been our starting small forward, and he only shows up every other game. Odom hasn't been the same player since coming back from his injury, aside from the last game. When you look at all the Lakers have been through and you realize they are where they are, it's pretty amazing really. Sure they have lost 5 in a row, but they won a lot of games in between without Lamar and Kwame that they shouldn't have. That wasn't luck that was playing well as a team.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject:

It would be ironic if we dealt Smush for the fellow who abused him, Snow.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject:

why are other teams not doing anything??? oh yea, that's because the deadline is thursday and not today.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject:

I've spoken to Dr. Buss, Mitch, and Phil, and they've all assured me that the sole reason they have decided not to do anything is to anger their #1 fan in Ireland.
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:

bluestorm1990 wrote:

Are you a real Laker fan?...or you are just a Kwame jocker...I'm with the original poster, the Lakers is a very proud franchise, have been through many years, fans are used to winning titles, or at least competing to win them, this team is not a real contender in my opinion, and we are wasting Kobe's prime, just throwing it away...forget about Kwame, he is not our savior, he's never been.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakerfan1 -- Why are there no trades and no shufling of the Laker roster????

I understand that your post is sort of an exercise in primal scream therapy, so don't take this the wrong way. If you need to vent, go for it. I'm going to give you a rational response anyway.

One of the most important rules for any successful GM is "Don't churn your roster." It is a mistake to make trades just for the sake of change. You can do far more harm with a bad trade, or just with the chaos caused by a neutral trade, than you can make progress with a good trade. The New York Knicks are the classic example of this. Isiah used to make a couple major trades a year, but the team got worse. Now Dolan has said no more trades, and the team is actually playing better just because they have stability.

There are always a bunch of wild trade ideas on this board. None of us know whether any of them are feasible. Many of them clearly are not. In this respect, RealGM is one of the worst things that ever happened to basketball discussions. It creates the illusion that there are tons of trade possibilities out there, when in fact there are not.

The other teams in the league are not in the business of serving up prime players to us when we need them. They won't make a deal with us unless it suits their objectives. That should be obvious to everyone. The point is that it is a lot easier to get fleeced at the trading deadline than it is to make a trade that really improves you. When you're desperate to make a move, you're screwed.

Quote:
Kobe2Lamar -- That team was 26 and 13 on pure luck. Only difference right now is the end of game plays/calls aren't going our way. You can't expect to contend if EVERY game is a nail-biter...

Well, maybe not pure luck, but you have to expect those kinds of games to even out over the course of a season.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
I've spoken to Dr. Buss, Mitch, and Phil, and they've all assured me that the sole reason they have decided not to do anything is to anger their #1 fan in Ireland.

Then why are they taking it out on the #1 fan in Iceland?
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are the Lakers not doing anything???

Lakerfan1-Iceland wrote:

Maybe you'll find your answer in this long interview of Mitch by the Kamenetzky brothers. Q&A With Mitch Kupchak (LONG)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: