We can't afford to trade Kwame for Kidd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: We can't afford to trade Kwame for Kidd

Bynum is not ready to be a full time starter at all. Everytime we get some momentum he gives up a big rebound. You could see the frustrating on Lamar's face. Right now anyone and everyone is able to either back Bynum down in the paint,or box him out pretty easy.

He is kinda starting to look like he did in the Summer League. We are way to soft on the inside right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:

If we are worried about rebounding, consider that Kidd is a better rebounder than Kwame is.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If we are worried about rebounding, consider that Kidd is a better rebounder than Kwame is.

Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Bynum fouling out of just about every game is not good and the fact his body language is starting to remind me of Elden Cambell is not good at all!
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject:

I agree, Bynum is just not ready as much as I like the kid. He is just not ready to be a starter on a playoff team, he's not there yet. I have no doubts he will get there, but right now he is not ready. We need Kwame for his defense alone, and tough play in the paint.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject:

NBAFan07 wrote:
I agree, Bynum is just not ready as much as I like the kid. He is just not ready to be a starter on a playoff team, he's not there yet. I have no doubts he will get there, but right now he is not ready. We need Kwame for his defense alone, and tough play in the paint.

It's going to take 4-5 yrs IMHO to become we hope a 20/10 player. Can the Lakers & Kobe afford to wait that long?
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject:

They can't afford to not trade Kwame for Kidd. What keeps them from also trading for a center. Magloire and Mohamed and others are out there. Take Jason Collins with Kidd. If Buss doesn't want to pay the luxury tax, he can continue to have a mediocre team. I am not saying Collins is great, but at least he isn't hurt. I don;t trust Kwame and I know this injury is legit, but he doesn;t have much heart any way.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

yep and playing defense on the PG was just as big of a problem as rebounding, Kidd helps there too.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject:

We do indeed need rebounding, but the reason we lost this game was TURNOVERS. And Jason Kidd would definitely take care of the ball. We need to get that ball out of Kobe Bryants hands if he isn't going to shoot it. I know he's taken alot of strides to being a passer, but he gets double teamed no matter what, so its that much harder for him.

We need J Kidd here to take care of the rock.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Pappy wrote:
Bynum fouling out of just about every game is not good and the fact his body language is starting to remind me of Elden Cambell is not good at all!

he fouls out because smush lets the guards through. smush thinks that because he finally hits an open 3 he can just relax on defense
AboveTheRim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Yes we can...

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=37379
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

yep and playing defense on the PG was just as big of a problem as rebounding, Kidd helps there too.

Kidd's knee is what bothers me.
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:
Pappy wrote:

he fouls out because smush lets the guards through. smush thinks that because he finally hits an open 3 he can just relax on defense

Kobes been no better
shaka zulu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
We do indeed need rebounding, but the reason we lost this game was TURNOVERS. And Jason Kidd would definitely take care of the ball. We need to get that ball out of Kobe Bryants hands if he isn't going to shoot it. I know he's taken alot of strides to being a passer, but he gets double teamed no matter what, so its that much harder for him.

We need J Kidd here to take care of the rock.

MATADOR DEFENSE lost this game

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/russo/2006/0208.html
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:

It's going to take 4-5 yrs IMHO to become we hope a 20/10 player. Can the Lakers & Kobe afford to wait that long?

Kobe can't wait but the Lakers can.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject:

The Buss wrote:
Michlake wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Kidd's knee is what bothers me.

sure, but you have to risk it on a Hall of famer. especially when you are only giving up kwame and maybe Farmar
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject:

oh yea dude. Its not like our PG Smush is possibly the worst starting PG in NBA history, will cakethrower rots away on the bench with some injury, when he will never be more than a 5point and 5 rebound player anyway.

:roll:
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone take notice how Snow's dribble penetration killed the Lakers tonight? Now imagine Kidd doing that for the Lakers, and dishing to Kobe, LO, etc. Isn't that a nice image?
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject:

NBAFan07 wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
Pappy wrote:

Kobes been no better

Kobe played excellent defense in the 4th quater tonight. Smush was destroyed by a senior citizen point guard .
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Did anyone take notice how Snow's dribble penetration killed the Lakers tonight? Now imagine Kidd doing that for the Lakers, and dishing to Kobe, LO, etc. Isn't that a nice image?

It's a beautiful image.
shaka zulu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
True indeed
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
Pappy wrote:

Kobes been no better

Kobe played excellent defense in the 4th quater tonight. Smush was destroyed by a senior citizen point guard .

The game is 48mins. LeBron still scored in the 4th
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject:

I think Kwame is done for the season anyway... it seems so similar to Mihm's injury last year.

There are so many big men out there if the Lakers do trade for Kidd. They can sign Mo Taylor to replace B. Cook, activate B. Shaw to replace Aaron McKie, and what's his name will replace Kwame as Bynum's backup.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:
oh yea dude. Its not like our PG Smush is possibly the worst starting PG in NBA history, will cakethrower rots away on the bench with some injury, when he will never be more than a 5point and 5 rebound player anyway.

:roll:

Yeah, cause we didn't miss Kwame one bit in this game tonight. I'm suprised the Cav's frontline is still able to walk after that beating that Ronny and Bynum gave them. :roll:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: