Trades Without Major Players

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Trades Without Major Players

Since trading Odom or Bynum for some big name player mid-season is highly unlikely, I thought of few things Mitch and Co. can do that wouldn't change the entire look of our roster, but would help THIS season.

Trade: Chris Mihm and Shamon Williams to New Orleans for Marc Jackson.

Trade: Vlad & McKie to the TWolves for Mike James and Eddie Griffin

Why?

N.O. will take another backup PG since CB3 has already been injured this year and they could use on. They also get Mihm's Bird rights in case they want to resign a cheap, talented C. Not sure what they plan to do with M. Jackson anyway.

TWolves will most likley buy out Griffin's contract, so this way they don't have to (unless they alread have). Mike James has already been banished to the bench for Randy Foye, they would get alot more use out of Vlad and McKie can actually back up Foye if need be.

Thoughts?
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject:

You'll have a chance to sign Eddie Griffin as he is getting released by the Wolves, with no trade.

Why do you need Mike James and Marc Jackson (as well as Griffin) is beyond me altogether
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Scoring and front court depth.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

You are kidding, right? Mike James is shooting at 42% clip. Smush of all people is shooting better.

Eddie Griffin will provide front court depth? Mark Madsen provides more depth than him. And Marc Jackson - jump shooting center that can't buy a rebound?

:roll:
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Trading for junk isn't really going to help.

James is a classic example of a good stats guy on a horrible team.

Griffin has, well, issues, to put it lightly.

Jackson? Might as well sign Soumalia Samake.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

You are kidding, right? Mike James is shooting at 42% clip. Smush of all people is shooting better.

Eddie Griffin will provide front court depth? Mark Madsen provides more depth than him. And Marc Jackson - jump shooting center that can't buy a rebound?

Actually they will just give us more players to put in the game that can produce something instead of the nothing we are getting from Mihm, McKie and Williams. I didn't know these guys were so high on you list? And to think I just thought they were Lakers' that never got into a game.

You're right, who needs Mike James coming off the bench for some quick points. Or more help down low in the form of rebounds at the most and fouls/minutes to relieve Bynum at the least. Let's just sit on the guys we either don't suite up or don't take off their jumpsuites.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
You'll have a chance to sign Eddie Griffin as he is getting released by the Wolves, with no trade.

Have you seen anything definite on this? I haven't read anything in a long time about what's happening with Griffen. If you have a recent link, I'd love it.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Actually they will just give us more players to put in the game that can produce something instead of the nothing we are getting from Mihm, McKie and Williams. I didn't know these guys were so high on you list? And to think I just thought they were Lakers' that never got into a game.

You're right, who needs Mike James coming off the bench for some quick points. Or more help down low in the form of rebounds at the most and fouls/minutes to relieve Bynum at the least. Let's just sit on the guys we either don't suite up or don't take off their jumpsuites.

you are suggesting to trade guys from the roster spots #13, 14 and 15; all on the last contract year. The best player you want to take back is Mike James with long overpaying contract. Not a good business...
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject:

if we gett Kidd and Griffin gets released, we should defintley pick him up. He can block shots pretty good and has a great shot.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:

Have you seen anything definite on this? I haven't read anything in a long time about what's happening with Griffen. If you have a recent link, I'd love it.

griffin

That's the last one I could find. I do remember though that Glenn Taylor said: they are in discussions for a buyout, but Griffin's side wants all money due to him, so they are exploring options to void his contract. I don't remember where I read it...
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:

griffin

That's the last one I could find. I do remember though that Glenn Taylor said: they are in discussions for a buyout, but Griffin's side wants all money due to him, so they are exploring options to void his contract. I don't remember where I read it...

Thanks. They're probably trying to trade him and, if they can't, will buy him out. Voiding a professional athlete's contract is not easy (or a quick process--you know the Players' Association would be all over that).
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
if we gett Kidd and Griffin gets released, we should defintley pick him up. He can block shots pretty good and has a great shot.

Absolutely.

The Lakers should just buy him any car he wants.

OK, not a Bentley.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: