Let's do this and get the Kidd deal done

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Let's do this and get the Kidd deal done

Since Thorn is trying to move Carter and Kidd, but seems like he won't move either if he can't move them both.

Let's them trade for both guys, I know it sounds crazy but it's not the worst idea. We have to include Lamar, but isn't Vince Carter an upgrade to LO? Yes, he can walk at the end of the season which is good, if the chemistry doesn't work. It actually gives us a good chunck of money to go after a FA this summer. If we have success, then maybe we try to sign him and start a championship run. BTW, we would need to sign Pippen to fill up the roster, but he could speed up the learning curve for the new players in the Tri.

Here's my successful ESPN trade scenrio:
LINK

New Lakers Roster
Kidd/Smush/Sacha
Bryant/Evans/
VC/Walton/Pippen
Turiaf/Vlad/
Moore/Bynum

[PLEASE USE THE URL BUTTON TO INSERT LINKS.....LC]
lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject:

I would rather have Lamar than VC. No thanks.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject:

I would love to but Turiaf as our starting pf scares me. I dont think he is ready yet. And Bynum would start over Moore.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Let's do this and get the Kidd deal done

RMurphy_22 wrote:
Since Thorn is trying to move Carter and Kidd, but seems like he won't move either if he can't move them both.

Let's them trade for both guys, I know it sounds crazy but it's not the worst idea. We have to include Lamar, but isn't Vince Carter an upgrade to LO? Yes, he can walk at the end of the season which is good, if the chemistry doesn't work. It actually gives us a good chunck of money to go after a FA this summer. If we have success, then maybe we try to sign him and start a championship run. BTW, we would need to sign Pippen to fill up the roster, but he could speed up the learning curve for the new players in the Tri.

[long link redacted...lc]

New Lakers Roster
Kidd/Smush/Sacha
Bryant/Evans/
VC/Walton/Pippen
Turiaf/Vlad/
Moore/Bynum

i think we are still over the cap if vince leaves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's do this and get the Kidd deal done

[You're wrong --it is the worst idea. We'd have a terribel, terrible front court, and if Carter left at the end of the year, we'd have no extra cap room.

quote="RMurphy_22"]Since Thorn is trying to move Carter and Kidd, but seems like he won't move either if he can't move them both.

LINK

New Lakers Roster
Kidd/Smush/Sacha
Bryant/Evans/
VC/Walton/Pippen
Turiaf/Vlad/
Moore/Bynum[/quote]

[PLEASE USE THE URL BUTTON TO INSERT LINKS....LC]
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject:

vince carter = ballhog
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject:

It is a radical and unrealistic idea, but on paper it sounds nice in a way. You have the heart of the Nets franchise in VC and Kidd, with Kobe, and you still keep Bynum. You can't make a deal without and extension, and does anyone know if they would be able to talk about that before a deal is done? You'd have to give up Smush and Walton to get a solid PF/C, both guys get demoted and have value even as upcoming free agents. Too many players moving, and Vince isn't much of a fit, but it does sound exciting.
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject:

lakerslifer wrote:
I would rather have Lamar than VC. No thanks.

I concur.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: