What line up would you rather have?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: What line up would you rather have?

Kobe / Kobe
Kidd / Kidd
Luke / Luke
Turiaf / Odom
Gasol / Bynum

Bench or Bench

Farmar / Farmar
Rad / Turiaf
Evans / Evans
Sasha / Rad
Collins or Moore / Collins or Moore
Pippen or Christie (10 day contract) / Pippen or Christie
Shamu / Shamu

I think i would go with the first set. Starting five has full of offense and defense. Turiaf plays the PF and so active in defense. Gasol is an average defender with lots of offense. Backcourt has lots of defense and offense. Luke keeps the offense moving. The only thing we need is another big coming off the bench and this is set to contend.

Second set is the opposite of the first set. The backcourt of Kobe and kidd will be deadly but the defense in the middle is sift with an average LO and soft Bynum (foul prone). This team has more backcourt depth but not sure if it can pass the first round of the playoffs.

What do you guys think?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:

the one with bynum.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:

If its only for one year the lineup with Gasol for sure. But for a franchise you cant trade Bynum he just has way too much potential.
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
If its only for one year the lineup with Gasol for sure. But for a franchise you cant trade Bynum he just has way too much potential.

I understand about Drew's potential. However, Gasol is only 26 and just about to get in his prime. With him, we are giving Kobe the support he needs during his prime. With Drew, i think we are wasting Kobe's prime.

Gasol is proven while Drew still has lots of ifs. Getting Gasol now does not mean this is just a one year thing. We will have him for many years side by side with Kobe. Kidd may give us two years the most but it does not mean he will not be effective anymore after his contract expires.

It is just to good to pass it up for me.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject:

My preferred realistic lineup is:

Darren Collison
Kobe
Odom
Kwame
Bynum

Bench:

Farmar
Evans/Sasha
Luke/Cook
Radmanovich/Turiaf
Mihm
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject:

in the line-up above it appears we're giving up LO and Bynum for Gasol...

I don't give up Bynum for Gasol, no less both LO and Bynum. Only way I give away those two is to get KG back.

In any case, this thread belongs in the trade forum.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject:

There is only one player in the NBA I would trade Drew for. And his name isn't Pau. It is Howard from the Magic.
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

C Kwame
PF Gasol
SF Lamar
G Kobe
G Sasha

Id do the Bynum and expires for Gasol. I think Sasha is ready to move in to the starting lineup. I think this trade makes us better over the long haul. We get a legit low post prescence who has been awesome on the boards the last 2 weeks in Gasol. Plus he is only 26.
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I don't give up Bynum for Gasol, no less both LO and Bynum. Only way I give away those two is to get KG back.

I do not mind getting KG instead of Gasol. Both players can make a huge difference now and many years to come.

Mitch or Jimmy Buss did the right thing in drafting Drew but not to breed like his horses but to make him a bargaining chip for a trade. This year is the best year to do it. You do not want other teams to fully get the scouting report on Drew. He is making strides right now and his value is high. However, he will just be an average center in the NBA. He is soft, foul prone, no defense, not athletic enough, and only has a back to thebasket move. He has no perimeter shooting.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
AZ wrote:
n
Mitch or Jimmy Buss did the right thing in drafting Drew but not to breed like his horses but to make him a bargaining chip for a trade. This year is the best year to do it. You do not want other teams to fully get the scouting report on Drew. He is making strides right now and his value is high. However, he will just be an average center in the NBA. He is soft, foul prone, no defense, not athletic enough, and only has a back to thebasket move. He has no perimeter shooting.

You do realise that even at age 19, Bynum is 1.4 points/game from averaging a double double this calender year. No matter which way you slice it, a big man in the NBA who is almost averaging a double-double with 20 minutes playing time BEFORE his body has matured; is pretty darn impressive. Think of what he'll be like if he doesn't improve in ANY area over the next two seasons. With 30 minutes a game, and a matured body, it's near impossible to imagine that he can't add as little as 5 more points and boards per game. That's 15 & 15 by the age of 21. That would reasonable seem to be the bare minimum of where Bynum is headed in the most conservative of estimations. The kid is being bounced around like a ping-pong ball out there in his kids body, yet he's consistently knocking on the door of a double double nightly in only a hair over 20 minutes a game. I can pretty much guarantee that Bynum has as much chance of being traded as Britney Spears does of being appointed Queen of England....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject:

AZ wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I do not mind getting KG instead of Gasol. Both players can make a huge difference now and many years to come.

You seem to be on a quest to convice people that Bynum should be traded.

He will not be traded, no matter how many people you convince here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
AZ wrote:
n

You do realise that even at age 19, Bynum is 1.4 points/game from averaging a double double this calender year. No matter which way you slice it, a big man in the NBA who is almost averaging a double-double with 20 minutes playing time BEFORE his body has matured; is pretty darn impressive. Think of what he'll be like if he doesn't improve in ANY area over the next two seasons. With 30 minutes a game, and a matured body, it's near impossible to imagine that he can't add as little as 5 more points and boards per game. That's 15 & 15 by the age of 21. That would reasonable seem to be the bare minimum of where Bynum is headed in the most conservative of estimations. The kid is being bounced around like a ping-pong ball out there in his kids body, yet he's consistently knocking on the door of a double double nightly in only a hair over 20 minutes a game. I can pretty much guarantee that Bynum has as much chance of being traded as Britney Spears does of being appointed Queen of England....

I have nothing against Drew if we decided to keep him. All I am saying is for us to get quality players that can help now, Drew is the one they will be asking for. I still believe he will just be an average center for years to come. If we desire to wait for him rather than winning now, then i have no argument whatsoever. But that is not what Jerry Buss is all about. Winning as many championship is his way as long as he lives. Unless he is done from winning and all it matters to him is make the most money year in and year out. Would you want to be tease by success or be contender for the coming years? Future is so unpredictable but if you have a chance to win now, why not.
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
AZ wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I am not trying Drew the door out. I am just being realistic. In order to get quality players, he is the main gut they will ask for.

He may not be traded and i am okay with that. I just do not see this team we have right now winning and competing until a trade happens. Not even for the coming years to come. The next thing you know, our very own best ever player to play the game in Kobe is done while we have an average center that will not ever ever dominate a game like the likes of Howard, Duncan, KG, and even perhaps Gasol and future great Oden.

If he is traded and proved me wrong, God bless him. But on the other hand i rather see my Lakers win now than hope year in and year out that they have a shot from winning it all.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject:

AZ wrote:
I have nothing against Drew if we decided to keep him. All I am saying is for us to get quality players that can help now, Drew is the one they will be asking for. I still believe he will just be an average center for years to come.

Believe is a very good choice of words. Not thinking but believing.

To say he will be just an average center ignores the progress he has made and that he will continue to progress.

Sounds like you have something against him to me.

Quote:
If we desire to wait for him rather than winning now, then i have no argument whatsoever. But that is not what Jerry Buss is all about. Winning as many championship is his way as long as he lives. Unless he is done from winning and all it matters to him is make the most money year in and year out.

So keeping Drew means Buss and the Lakers want to lose?

And getting someone like Pau Gasol will guarantee them championships now?

Quote:
Would you want to be tease by success or be contender for the coming years? Future is so unpredictable but if you have a chance to win now, why not.

According to you, the future is not unpredictable.

You have it all figured out.

Drew will be mediocre and the Lakers will be losers.

How can the future be unpredictable when you have just explainded it all?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:

AZ wrote:
I am not trying Drew the door out. I am just being realistic. In order to get quality players, he is the main gut they will ask for.

He may not be traded and i am okay with that.

Aparently you are not OK with that. You said above that it means the Lakers are willing to be losers with a mediocre center.

As usual, when some comes here with an agenda, they keep arguing no matter how many contradicting, nonsensical points they make.
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
AZ wrote:
I have nothing against Drew if we decided to keep him. All I am saying is for us to get quality players that can help now, Drew is the one they will be asking for. I still believe he will just be an average center for years to come.

Believe is a very good choice of words. Not thinking but believing.

To say he will be just an average center ignores the progress he has made and that he will continue to progress.

Sounds like you have something against him to me.

Quote:
If we desire to wait for him rather than winning now, then i have no argument whatsoever. But that is not what Jerry Buss is all about. Winning as many championship is his way as long as he lives. Unless he is done from winning and all it matters to him is make the most money year in and year out.

So keeping Drew means Buss and the Lakers want to lose?

And getting someone like Pau Gasol will guarantee them championships now?

Quote:
Would you want to be tease by success or be contender for the coming years? Future is so unpredictable but if you have a chance to win now, why not.

According to you, the future is not unpredictable.

You have it all figured out.

Drew will be mediocre and the Lakers will be losers.

How can the future be unpredictable when you have just explainded it all?

I have nothing against Drew. He made a huge progress no doubt that is why he is a huge bargaining chip we have to get the quality players we need now. He is the guy other team desire. If we do keep him that is fine but i did not mean Buss or the Lakers are losers. I just believe that we are just going to be a mediocre team.

I did not say getting Gasol guarantees us a championship. All i am saying is it makes us a much more complete team and much more talented and a better chance to win now.

When i said the future is unpredicatable, what i meant is that i could be wrong with Drew or i could be right. Trading him now can make a huge difference in winning now that waiting for him to develop and Kobe is on the downside of his career. On the other hand trading him does not guarantee anything but rather our percentage of winning is much higher if we get the likes of Gasol and Kidd now.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:

AZ wrote:
If we do keep him that is fine but i did not mean Buss or the Lakers are losers.

AZ wrote:
But that is not what Jerry Buss is all about. Winning as many championship is his way as long as he lives. Unless he is done from winning and all it matters to him is make the most money year in and year out.
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
AZ wrote:

He may not be traded and i am okay with that.

Aparently you are not OK with that. You said above that it means the Lakers are willing to be losers with a mediocre center.

As usual, when some comes here with an agenda, they keep arguing no matter how many contradicting, nonsensical points they make.

As a fan you can only control your opinion of what you think is best for the team. Whether the Lakers will even entertain the thought of trading Drew or not, it is out of my hand. I just believe Drew will net us a quality player in return to win now. However, if the Lakers insist that they do not want to trade him then i am okay with that. If we can get the likes of KG or Gasol without giving Drew, i am all for it. However, in reality it is just impossible to do.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject:

AZ wrote:
However, in reality it is just impossible to do.

Oh, you're the one who knows what reality is.

Thanks for clearing that up.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
You do realise that even at age 19, Bynum is 1.4 points/game from averaging a double double this calender year. No matter which way you slice it, a big man in the NBA who is almost averaging a double-double with 20 minutes playing time BEFORE his body has matured; is pretty darn impressive. ...

He's averaging 8.4 ppg and 6.6 rpg in 22.5 minutes, so he's quite a ways from averaging a double-double.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
My preferred realistic lineup is:

Darren Collison
Kobe
Odom
Kwame
Bynum

Bench:

Farmar
Evans/Sasha
Luke/Cook
Radmanovich/Turiaf
Mihm

how do you intend on getting collison?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject:

AZ wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
AZ wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I am not trying Drew the door out. I am just being realistic.

Being realistic would mean you realize that the FO has said they won't trade Bynum. Definitely not for Gasol, if by some chance he is traded, it would be for a superstar.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: