I want Corey Brewer in P&G

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: I want Corey Brewer in P&G

Our defense has been killing us for years. We need a lock down type perimeter defender in the worst way to help out Kobe. IMHO, Corey Brewer could be that guy. Fast, LONG, great intenisty and defensive tenacity.

Right now Brewer is at #10 on most boards, so we would need to trade up to the mid lotto.

I would offer our 3 picks, our first rounder and 2 second rounders plus Vlade, or Cook, or a resigned Smush (if any GM would want him) to a lotto team looking to move down in the draft. There is such a team every year.

This is probably pipe, but would it not be nice to have Brewer on the team? We do have 3 picks and we don't need them- we have enough youth on the team. Consolidate all of the picks and move up. Do IT MITCH!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject:

i would trade up for him if we get the chance. to me, he's the player we need.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I want Beyonce in a french maid's outfit!
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
I want Beyonce in a french maid's outfit!

why in an out-fit????
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject:

No question that he's the guy. The question is, "How?"

Unless the Lakers manage to pull off a 2-16 finale (or however many games they have left) a la '04/'05, they won't be in the necessary vicinity to make their first pick attractive. I can't picture any of the current crop of teams with bad records desiring 3 mediocre picks over 1 good one.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject:

The thread is back because I just read Mitch's quotes from the Town Hall meeting.

He said what I have been thinking- the Lakers do not need 3 draft picks this summer, the team is already really young with Kobe being the oldest starter.

Mitch indicated that he would really be looking to either use the picks to obtain a vet, or combine all 3 to move up to obtain one draft pick (BREWER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Its ALIVE! Lets move all of our picks, plus an ending contract or 2 to get into the lotto.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject:

I would do that. Or I would package some picks and Sasha for Jarret Jack. That would give the Lakers two perimeter defenders (Kobe and Jack) that can also score. Brewer will likely be a good pro, but Jack has already shown he can be one.

Why would Portland do this? I have no idea. We might offer to take a big contract off their hands (Randolph or Miles) in return for an ending contract (Kwame). We could give them our 1 and 2 in the draft, and keep the Bobs #2. With two first round picks, one of them lottery, Portland would have tons of flexibility to make roster moves. Plus, with Zach or Darius gone, some cap space after next season.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The thread is back because I just read Mitch's quotes from the Town Hall meeting.

He said what I have been thinking- the Lakers do not need 3 draft picks this summer, the team is already really young with Kobe being the oldest starter.

Mitch indicated that he would really be looking to either use the picks to obtain a vet, or combine all 3 to move up to obtain one draft pick (BREWER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Its ALIVE! Lets move all of our picks, plus an ending contract or 2 to get into the lotto.

It's only alive in dreams. There is no way any team would take a 1st and 2 2nds for a top 10 pick in this draft.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject:

so first you explain how great brewer is and how much we absolutly have to get him.

and then you're "willing" to trade our 3 crap picks and overpaid trash for him ?

this sounds like the lakers' front office in action...

GIVE TO GET.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
so first you explain how great brewer is and how much we absolutly have to get him.

and then you're "willing" to trade our 3 crap picks and overpaid trash for him ?

this sounds like the lakers' front office in action...

GIVE TO GET.

I totally agree- this is purely wishfull thinking on my part- I am a huge Brewer fan. Plus Mitch wants to trade the picks for a vet. And hey- you calling Brian Cook & Vlade trash! LOL! Looks like no Brewer for the lakers.

I am happy that Kuppy wants to trade the picks for a vet player though. There are teams that need to cut salary out there and we can help them by giving them picks and ending contracts.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject:

i'm just as high on brewer.

but we need to acknowledge what it will take to get a crack at him.
otherwise - back to discussing the young's etc...
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Brewer might be a nice Prince-type of SF/SG for us but he's probably going to be drafted in the top 15 and I'm pretty sure we're not in that range unless we trade up. If we do, it may be a costly trade.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject:

If they don't make a serious move for a quality vet PF or PG, I'm all for using the Charlotte pick to move up to the 11-12 range. Thats only about 6 spots, and depending on the player available it could pay off. The thing about Corey Brewer is his combination of being the best defender available and a solid 3 point shooter has him rising on draft boards. I wouldn't be shocked if he was taken in the 5-7 range. I'm not sure about Hibbert (in or out?), but guys like Hawes and Thabeet could attract teams that need a big man, and a guy like Joakim Noah could be there at that 11-12 pick. NBADraft.net already has him at 11, and as silly as it sounds, Noah and Brewer may have traded positions in the matter of a few months. What I'm saying is that the Lakers should be in love with Brewer, but won't have the goods to move up. They should wait to see what drops a bit above them and swoop if it looks good.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject:

brewer is a top 10 pick for sure.

and unfortunatly, i can't see any team moving down in return for getting our 2nd rd picks - they're not that high - even the bobcats pick.
maybe, MAYBE we could move up one spot if we're lucky.

have to think about serious trading if we're looking to move up, and our only real shot at moving up for a player we want is trading next year's 1st imo. for the right player i think it's worth it.

(italian maybe ?... )
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject:

I don't know about brewer being a lock for the top ten, but definatley a lotto pick. It depends on the teams drafting- there are a lot of good swingmen out there and not too many good PG or Post players. I have seen some draft boards with Jeff Green ahead of Brewer.

Hibbert will likely be a top 5 due to his huge size and decent scoring ability. Brandon Wright, Horford, Noah, Yi, Durant, Oden, Splitter, Hawes are all capable big men who could very well be drafted ahead of Brewer.

Then you throw in some decent PG prospects like Law and Conley- you can see, brewer might not be taken in the top ten.

BUT- I still agree that we don't really have the pieces to move up to get him, unless we wanted to move a core player like Farmar or Walton along with our 3 draft picks.

And lastly- it looks like Mitch wants to trade all the picks for a vet. Considering how many kids we already have on the team, I think this is a very prudent choice. Heck we got Mo Evans for just one second round pick and he has actually contributed this season. There are teams that need to cut salary and trading a vet salary for picks is attractive to them. We can also throw in some ending contracts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: