Fix the team in at most four realistic moves + 3 draft picks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Why would we need both Pietrus and Barnes? I would give Pietrus the full MLE, but keep Farmar at point. I'm calling it now, he'll be one of those 2nd year breakout guys like homeboy in Utah, Deron Williams (maybe not 16 and 9, but 12-7 or so)...

Mike, we need to remind you that Farmar isn't Deron Williams. Not even close.

But more importantly, you can't possibly expect Farmar to have a breakout season like Deron did when Farmar plays in the triangle. :roll:

7 dimes in the triangle won't happen. Ever.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
Why would we need both Pietrus and Barnes? I would give Pietrus the full MLE, but keep Farmar at point. I'm calling it now, he'll be one of those 2nd year breakout guys like homeboy in Utah, Deron Williams (maybe not 16 and 9, but 12-7 or so)...

But more importantly, you can't possibly expect Farmar to have a breakout season like Deron did when Farmar plays in the triangle. :roll:

I know he isn't Deron Williams... The triangle can be run with a traditional point guard though; it'll just take Phil to say, "OK, Jordan, you be the main initiator." But with one year under his belt and some strength improvements in the offseason and some play in summer league, Jordan will be starting material next year.

But I don't like Matt Barnes. Luke Walton is better than Matt Barnes. People want to rip on Sasha, but Barnes is having his breakout year in his SEVENTH season. Chances are this is just a in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time thing with Barnes in G.S.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

I know he isn't Deron Williams... The triangle can be run with a traditional point guard though; it'll just take Phil to say, "OK, Jordan, you be the main initiator." But with one year under his belt and some strength improvements in the offseason and some play in summer league, Jordan will be starting material next year.

But I don't like Matt Barnes. Luke Walton is better than Matt Barnes. People want to rip on Sasha, but Barnes is having his breakout year in his SEVENTH season. Chances are this is just a in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time thing with Barnes in G.S.

So let me get this straight...Phillip Jackson is gonna just "all of a sudden" change the way HE runs the triangle after 9 NBA titles and let a ROOKIE PG take over the initiating duties? ...Bruh, PLEASE tell me where you get your "supply" from.

Barnes is MUCH more athletic than Walton and has better Defense. Nuff said. Walton won't be missed and for those that think he WILL be missed...I pity you.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

So let me get this straight...Phillip Jackson is gonna just "all of a sudden" change the way HE runs the triangle after 9 NBA titles and let a ROOKIE PG take over the initiating duties? ...Bruh, PLEASE tell me where you get your "supply" from.

Barnes is MUCH more athletic than Walton and has better Defense. Nuff said. Walton won't be missed and for those that think he WILL be missed...I pity you.

You overrate Barnes way too much. Pietrus is an upgrade and a small forward. Fine, bring him in over Walton, but Barnes? I'd pass.

As for Phil? I'm not saying he's going to change, but he should. Plus Farmar won't be a rookie next year, bruh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

You overrate Barnes way too much. Pietrus is an upgrade and a small forward. Fine, bring him in over Walton, but Barnes? I'd pass.

As for Phil? I'm not saying he's going to change, but he should. Plus Farmar won't be a rookie next year, bruh.

And you CERTAINLY overrate Walton but then again, you think Farmar will breakout like Deron Williams...good luck with that, bro!

Oh, and so since Farmar won't be a rookie next year, then that means Phil will actually "give it some thought" about turning all initiating duties over to 2-YEAR Farmar?...Yeah, I can see that happening....DEFINITELY.

The purpose of this thread was REALISTIC scenarios, bro...not Crackpipe Scenarios.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Aw hell, let pimp daddy hop in on this ...

- Trade Odom and Vlad for Jayo
- Get Pietrus and Barnes
- Let Walton's unathletic ass walk

G - Pietrus
G - Kobe
SF - Barnes
PF - Jayo
C - Kwame

Bench: Bynum, Ronny, Mihm, Mo, Cook, Sasha, Draft Pick, and Draft Pick.

- Gives the team much needed athleticism upgrades at PG, SF, and PF
- Gives them overall scoring punch
- Pietrus, Barnes, and Kwame become the "workmen"
- Gives Phil that big Triangle PG
- Gives the Lakers a post presence on both ends of the floor
- Gives them better overall D
- Has its shooters (Kobe, Pietrus, Barnes)
- It's not a young squad and it's not old squad
- Triangle-friendly players that also have athleticism
- The "Buss Bank" isn't broken

With the fall of Shaq, the NBA is officially wide open now and that squad can make some major WCF at least noise by their 2nd season together.

No way Indiana would do that deal. You would have to throw more in there. As for Pietrus and Barnes no way you could land both of them with the mle. You would have to do a sign and trade involving Luke, but I dont think we would have the pieces left to add in with Luke after trading for JO. Also who initiates the offense on that team? Kobe? I don't think Pietrus could do it. His career apg is 0.9 and I dont think Kobe wasting his energy initiating is a great idea. And I sure hope Bynum can start over Kwame by his third year with all the potential he is supposed to have. And what happens to Farmar? And more importantly what happens to your boy Smush?
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

And you CERTAINLY overrate Walton but then again, you think Farmar will breakout like Deron Williams...good luck with that, bro!

Oh, and so since Farmar won't be a rookie next year, then that means Phil will actually "give it some thought" about turning all initiating duties over to 2-YEAR Farmar?...Yeah, I can see that happening....DEFINITELY.

The purpose of this thread was REALISTIC scenarios, bro...not Crackpipe Scenarios.

Crackpipe? Really? Your the one who suggested signing both Barnes and Pietrus for $2.75 million each. What's more crackpipe, suggesting the Lakers sign one potentially good player for the MLE, or making a blockbuster trade and signing the two you suggested?

I do think Farmar will have a breakout year next year. Double digit points, 6-7 assists and a solid defensive player at the point. He's going to be what, 21 next year? I'd put more money on him having a breakout year than Matt Barnes scoring more than 6 ppg next season.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Lets not forget Farmar is a gym rat and he got a lot of praise from the coaches in the preseason for how quickly he picked up the triangle so he is a smart player. Now dont get me wrong I don't think Farmer will get 7 assists per game next year. I'm thinking more along the lines of 4 to 5 apg. I think Farmar's real break out year will come in his third year.

Quote:

Scottie Pippen did.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject:

-Lakers Trade Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Jordan Farmar and 2nd Rd Pick to Atlanta Hawks for Joe Johnson, Lorenzen Wright and Anthony Johnson.

-Lakers Trade Brian Cook and Vladamir Radmonovic to Denver Nuggets for Reggie Evans and Eduardo Najera

-MLE for James Posey
-League Minimum for Danny Fortson

Draft - Marcus Williams, Sean Williams

Roster

Andrew Bynum/Lorenzen Wright/Sean Williams
Ronny Turiaf/Reggie Evans/Danny Fortson
James Posey/Luke Walton/Eduardo Najera
Kobe Bryant/Maurice Evans/Marcus Williams
Joe Johnson/Anthony Johnson/Sasha Vujacic

High effort and energy players at all positions, with Bryant and Johnson handling the scoring load, a new philosophy is in place. Bynum's development would be key to a championship run. James Posey, and Reggie Evans add to the ruggedness that is certainly missing from this team that is currently constructed.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:
-Lakers Trade Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Jordan Farmar and 2nd Rd Pick to Atlanta Hawks for Joe Johnson, Lorenzen Wright and Anthony Johnson.

-Lakers Trade Brian Cook and Vladamir Radmonovic to Denver Nuggets for Reggie Evans and Eduardo Najera

-MLE for James Posey

Roster

High effort and energy players at all positions, with Bryant and Johnson handling the scoring load, a new philosophy is in place. Bynum's development would be key to a championship run. James Posey, and Reggie Evans add to the ruggedness that is certainly missing from this team that is currently constructed.

Good idea. But I would rather take Farmar out of that trade and change that 2nd to a 1st. Then trade Cook, Walton, and reroute Lorenzen Wright to Orlando for Darko. Then split the mle between Dikimbe Mutumbo and Bonzi Wells. And then resign Mihm.

New Lineup:
Bynum/Dikimbe/Mihm
Darko/Turiaf/Vlad
Kobe/Vlad
JJ/Wells
Farmar/Anthony Johnson/Sasha
And then we still have our two 2nd round picks that we could trade to someone with some cash for their 1st round pick.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

- Get Pietrus and Barnes

G - Pietrus
G - Kobe
SF - Barnes
PF - Jayo
C - Kwame

With the fall of Shaq, the NBA is officially wide open now and that squad can make some major WCF at least noise by their 2nd season together.

No way Indiana would do that deal. You would have to throw more in there. As for Pietrus and Barnes no way you could land both of them with the mle. You would have to do a sign and trade involving Luke, but I dont think we would have the pieces left to add in with Luke after trading for JO. Also who initiates the offense on that team? Kobe? I don't think Pietrus could do it. His career apg is 0.9 and I dont think Kobe wasting his energy initiating is a great idea. And I sure hope Bynum can start over Kwame by his third year with all the potential he is supposed to have. And what happens to Farmar? And more importantly what happens to your boy Smush?

( I remember this kid...this should be hilarious taking him down ...)

Indy would get 2 Bigs for the price of 1...Unless you think Jayo is Kareem Abdul Jabbar? ...The monies match up, so no other players would be NEEDED unless both sides want to haggle beyond that?

As for Pietrus and Barnes...We already discovered a way that could take place...read back.

No one "wants" Luke so a sign & trade is useless because Luke ONLY thrives in the triangle. Remember him under Rudy T? Me neither. I rest my case.

Barnes, Kobe, Pietrus can initiate the offense. Relax. It's not rocket science. Pippen and MJ did it. Like it or not, Kobe WILL be an initiator no matter what players we get because it's HIS team it will be built around. Kobe having to initiate isn't the Lakers problem, it's D and no Post Presence.

And using Pietrus' asst numbers under a system that wasn't the triangle nor did he even play PG in that system is ridiculous and futile, so bad move.

Farmar becomes the backup. Obvious, ain't it?

Smush? Is he REALLY an issue either way? Only to you Smushers that think HE'S the main and ONLY Laker problem.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Crackpipe? Really? Your the one who suggested signing both Barnes and Pietrus for $2.75 million each. What's more crackpipe, suggesting the Lakers sign one potentially good player for the MLE, or making a blockbuster trade and signing the two you suggested?

I do think Farmar will have a breakout year next year. Double digit points, 6-7 assists and a solid defensive player at the point. He's going to be what, 21 next year? I'd put more money on him having a breakout year than Matt Barnes scoring more than 6 ppg next season.

Read back about signing both Barnes and Pietrus. See, this is what happens when people jump into discussions without reading everything carefully. :roll: ...Then read again for good measure, bro.

Yeah, Jordan Freakin' Farmar is gonna out-dime Gary "HOF" Payton when Payton averaged 5.5 dimes in the triangle. Got it. ...Can't wait for this to happen.

But it's HILARIOUS at how you think Farmar turning "21" is gonna be the REASON as to why he will average this mythical 7 assts a game.

So when Bynum "turns 21" is he gonna be Shaq?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

-MLE for James Posey

Roster

First off, that's a terrible squad. The scoring load on Kobe and Joe would be the same as it is on Kobe and Odom, if not worse. Plus, the athleticism is very low on that team.

Now...Um, why would ATL even do that? Based on what? (And Lorenzen Wright? Why?)

As for Vlad and Cook to Denver for Reggie and Najera...why would WE do that? ...We get 2 slugs and no scoring, which means the scoring load is even MORE on Kobe and Joe.

Sorry, but there's no scoring and very little athleticism on that roster.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

- Get Pietrus and Barnes

G - Pietrus
G - Kobe
SF - Barnes
PF - Jayo
C - Kwame

Indy would get 2 Bigs for the price of 1...Unless you think Jayo is Kareem Abdul Jabbar? ...The monies match up, so no other players would be NEEDED unless both sides want to haggle beyond that?

As for Pietrus and Barnes...We already discovered a way that could take place...read back.

No one "wants" Luke so a sign & trade is useless because Luke ONLY thrives in the triangle. Remember him under Rudy T? Me neither. I rest my case.

Barnes, Kobe, Pietrus can initiate the offense. Relax. It's not rocket science. Pippen and MJ did it. Like it or not, Kobe WILL be an initiator no matter what players we get because it's HIS team it will be built around. Kobe having to initiate isn't the Lakers problem, it's D and no Post Presence.

And using Pietrus' asst numbers under a system that wasn't the triangle nor did he even play PG in that system is ridiculous and futile, so bad move.

Smush? Is he REALLY an issue either way? Only to you Smushers that think HE'S the main and ONLY Laker problem.

Right and your the guy who said Mikki Moore is garbage even though he led the nba in field goal percentage and was a great asset for the Nets after Kristic went down. And You did not find a way to sign Barnes and Pietrus. The vet min pays a little over 1 mil. I think we signed Karl Malone with it for 1.75 mil. Your crazy if you think either one will sign for that much. Its either one or the other or trade for both. And as for JO, Kwame is a bust. Other teams do not value him highly at all. JO is a much better player than LO. Theres a reason why JO has several all-star appearances and LO doesn't. JO is better than LO in every area except for passing. And using Pietrus's numbers is not ridiculous. He's a gaurd who got 27 mpg he should at least be able to average more than 0.9 assists per game, thats just sad. Yeah Pippen and MJ initiated the offense. Pippen and Jordan were excellant passers. Luke,LO, and Kobe have all initiated the traiangle and they are all great passers. Name me a player for Phil who regularly initiated that was not a good passer. I like your idea, but it has no chance of happening. I'm sorry, but you did not "take me down", I took you down.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

- Get Pietrus and Barnes

G - Pietrus
G - Kobe
SF - Barnes
PF - Jayo
C - Kwame

Right and your the guy who said Mikki Moore is garbage even though he led the nba in field goal percentage and was a great asset for the Nets after Kristic went down. And You did not find a way to sign Barnes and Pietrus. The vet min pays a little over 1 mil. I think we signed Karl Malone with it for 1.75 mil. Your crazy if you think either one will sign for that much. Its either one or the other or trade for both. And as for JO, Kwame is a bust. Other teams do not value him highly at all. JO is a much better player than LO. Theres a reason why JO has several all-star appearances and LO doesn't. JO is better than LO in every area except for passing. And using Pietrus's numbers is not ridiculous. He's a gaurd who got 27 mpg he should at least be able to average more than 0.9 assists per game, thats just sad. Yeah Pippen and MJ initiated the offense. Pippen and Jordan were excellant passers. Luke,LO, and Kobe have all initiated the traiangle and they are all great passers. Name me a player for Phil who regularly initiated that was not a good passer. I like your idea, but it has no chance of happening. I'm sorry, but you did not "take me down", I took you down.

Yeah, Mikki Moore is legit...Um...But no. Stop the ridiculousness. Serously. You act like leading the NBA in FG% is what it's ALL about. Wrong. But if you wanna keep thinking Mikki Moore is the next Wilt, go right ahead.

And where are you getting this "Kwame for Jayo" stuff from? READ before you post. Is it that hard of a request, bro? For real?

Odom in the east: Better for him because there aren't that many great PFs in the east. Case closed.

Again, stop using Pietrus' numbers as a SG as if he played PG. Makes no sense yet you seem hellbent on trying to use that as ammo...thing is...you're shooting blanks, bro.

But hey, maybe we can get the great Mikki Moore and that will solve ALL are problems? So who would it take?: Odom, Bynum, Mihm, and Kwame for Mikki Moore?
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

- Get Pietrus and Barnes

G - Pietrus
G - Kobe
SF - Barnes
PF - Jayo
C - Kwame

Yeah, Mikki Moore is legit...Um...But no. Stop the ridiculousness. Serously. You act like leading the NBA in FG% is what it's ALL about. Wrong. But if you wanna keep thinking Mikki Moore is the next Wilt, go right ahead.

And where are you getting this "Kwame for Jayo" stuff from? READ before you post. Is it that hard of a request, bro? For real?

Odom in the east: Better for him because there aren't that many great PFs in the east. Case closed.

Again, stop using Pietrus' numbers as a SG as if he played PG. Makes no sense yet you seem hellbent on trying to use that as ammo...thing is...you're shooting blanks, bro.

But hey, maybe we can get the great Mikki Moore and that will solve ALL are problems? So who would it take?: Odom, Bynum, Mihm, and Kwame for Mikki Moore?

Maybe you should read before you post. I never said Mikki Moore is the next Wilt. And I never said he was great and I never said he was the answer. I was just saying he is a better player than what you think. And I never used Pietrus numbers as if he played pg I merely just said 0.9 apg is sad for a sg that gets 27 mpg no matter what way you spin it. Especially with as much as Golden State scores. Plus what does it matter? As I already said there is no way you get both of them. When you can actually post something where you didn't make anything up then come post a response. And my bad on Kwame, LO for JO but Vlad and LO for JO is even worse. And the one year Odom was in the east he didn't even make it to the all star game. JO is a much better player. You are way underating JO's value.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Maybe you should read before you post. I never said Mikki Moore is the next Wilt. And I never said he was great and I never said he was the answer. I was just saying he is a better player than what you think. And I never used Pietrus numbers as if he played pg I merely just said 0.9 apg is sad for a sg that gets 27 mpg no matter what way you spin it. Especially with as much as Golden State scores. Plus what does it matter? As I already said there is no way you get both of them. When you can actually post something where you didn't make anything up then come post a response. And my bad on Kwame, LO for JO but Vlad and LO for JO is even worse. And the one year Odom was in the east he didn't even make it to the all star game. JO is a much better player. You are way underating JO's value.

Dude, Mikki's a scrub. Period. And why you're even talking about him is beyond me. Let it go.

And again, he's SHOOTING GUARD so why would you expect his dimes to impress you, especially since he'd be playing SG in the PG spot in the triangle. Who cares about his dimes? Makes no sense.

Again, you seem to think Jayo is some GOAT...why?

And this isn't about Odom being an all star, this is about him being able to post better numbers because he won't have guys like Amare, Tim, Brand, and Gasol to deal with.

It's pretty simple once you truly think about it. (Hint-Hint )
cusu32000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject:

i made a post earlier in this thread but i think i have changed my mind slightly since then...the at least potentially attainable offseason i would pursue would be the following...

Move #1

Cook and '09 first rounder (unprotected) to Boston for Delonte West

Move #2

Mo Evans, '07 Charlotte 2nd, '09 Charlotee 2nd to Orlando for Trevor Ariza
--Ariza would then be a defensive specialist for the Lakers that covers the opposition's best 2 or 3

Move #3

Full MLE to Mo Pete for 2 years with 3rd year as a team option
--I think this is overpaying for Mo Pete but I think it could be very important for Kobe to have an accomplished player behind him next year since he will be coming off of a summer playing for the national team
07/08 Roster

(Move #4)
Kwame and this year's first can be shopped during the draft to try to get some other piece...but i will assume that this doesnt happen

Draft
1st Round: Tiago Splitter or Thaddeus Young
--whoever is available...if both are available then Splitter

2nd Round, Lakers Pick: Yannick Bokolo

Resign Luke and Mihm

PG West/Farmar/Bokolo
SG Kobe/Mo Pete/Vujacic
SF Ariza/Luke/(Young)
PF Odom/Vlad/Ronny/(Splitter)
C Bynum/Kwame/Mihm

In my opinion, that would be a good roster after this offseason

During games, I would deactivate Bokolo, Vujacic, and the 1st round pick
If both Splitter and Bokolo are drafted I would keep one of them overseas for a year
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mo Evans, '07 Charlotte 2nd, '09 Charlotee 2nd to Orlando for Trevor Ariza --Ariza would then be a defensive specialist for the Lakers that covers the opposition's best 2 or 3

You MUST be a UCLA fan. Do you REALLY think Trevor freakin' Ariza is worth a player and 2 picks?

Quote:
Cook and '09 first rounder (unprotected) to Boston for Delonte West

Do you REALLY think Delonte West is worth a player and a 1st round pick? Bruh, you keep giving away draft picks and the Lakers won't be able to draft...EVER AGAIN.

Quote:
Full MLE to Mo Pete for 2 years with 3rd year as a team option
--I think this is overpaying for Mo Pete but I think it could be very important for Kobe to have an accomplished player behind him next year since he will be coming off of a summer playing for the national team

Give the Full MLE to Mo Pete JUST to have him ride the pine? And Mo's not a SG, bro, so he wouldn't be backing up Kobe. That's just a waste 3 different ways.

Quote:
PG West/Farmar/Bokolo
SG Kobe/Mo Pete/Vujacic
SF Ariza/Luke/(Young)
PF Odom/Vlad/Ronny/(Splitter)
C Bynum/Kwame/Mihm

Overall, that team does nothing to help Kobe with the scoring load and the D doesn't improve that much, especially in the post.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:

The Lakers have won a title before using the triangle with a traditional PG initiating. If Phil is so stubborn that he can't coach to match the personnel he has, then he needs to go. Bring in a coach who is more concerned with winning than his own ego.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:

Dude, Mikki's a scrub. Period. And why you're even talking about him is beyond me. Let it go.

I take it you haven't seen many Nets games this season. Mikki has been a pivotal player for them. I would gladly take him as a backup center.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

The Lakers have won a title before using the triangle with a traditional PG initiating. If Phil is so stubborn that he can't coach to match the personnel he has, then he needs to go. Bring in a coach who is more concerned with winning than his own ego.

You're talking about a title won back in the 70s...sorry, this ain't the 70s.

And you get players to fit the COACHES system, not the other way around.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

I take it you haven't seen many Nets games this season. Mikki has been a pivotal player for them. I would gladly take him as a backup center.

No, I saw him play. I also saw him play in Seattle, Det, and the Clips. And trust me...He's a scrub. He's just getting more time to be a better scrub, but he's a scrub nonetheless. He's truly not even worth conversation. And the Lakers don't need "backups" they need "starters".
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Here is a total rebuilding plan.

Trade Kobe to the Griz for Gasol and their #1. Trade Odom to the Bobs for their #1. Trade Gasol to the Celtics for their #1 and Ratliff. Trade Kwame to Detroit for McDyess and Lindsey Hunter. Then you hope for 3 top 5 picks in the draft, and about $30 mil in cap room after the season. Draft Oden, Durant, and Horford. Figure you make lotto again in 2007-2008, and for 2009-2010, you have 4 top 5 draft picks and a ton of money to spend. Now that is rebuilding!

Farmar/Hunter
Sasha/Evans
Durant/Vlad/Cook
Oden/Horford/McDyess
Bynum/Ratliff

That team could win 20+ games next season!

It'd make for a damn fun draft or atleast draft lottery. I'd also see what we could get Gerald Wallace for since we have the cap space, although he won't help the attempt to get OJ Mayo the following year. Might as well get some other talented kiddies and go for Sean Williams and Bakolo in the 2nd round.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I'd also see what we could get Gerald Wallace for since we have the cap space

Like Charlotte is gonna part with their best player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: