According to ESPN, JO teammates think he want to end up playing with KOBE!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piloepay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: According to ESPN, JO teammates think he want to end up playing with KOBE!

"It remains to be seen if the Pacers and star center Jermaine O'Neal -- whose longstanding agreement with management calls for a sitdown summit at season's end -- will agree that it's time for both sides to move in separate directions should Indy miss the playoffs for the first time since 1997. (Or even if the Pacers sneak into the eighth spot.)

But at least one O'Neal teammate believes that the four-time All-Star hopes to end up in Los Angeles next season alongside Kobe Bryant, his fellow preps-to-pros groundbreaker from the draft class of 1996. O'Neal and Bryant are said to be still fairly close after coming into the league together."

So who do we trade for him? Can we now release Bynum?
Our future starters"
Kwame
JO
ODOM
KOBE
MLE or thru trade

Last edited by piloepay on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject:

KG!!!!!
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, the Pacers would probably demand both Odom and Bynum.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject:

who do we trade to have a team of

Kwame
JO
Lamar
Kobe
?????/
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject:

You do realize how much JO makes right?? You do realize that a deal with Indy can't happen with Bynum as the centerpiece without Lamar or Kwame packaged in it. Even if they take Kwame that's still not enough salary. But it's workable.

I would welcome JO with open arms.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject:

They probably would demand Bynum,but I would offer Odom,Brown,Farmar and the 19th pick(Afflalo) for JO and Tinsley. They get the added incentive up dumping Jamal's contract and get two good UCLA prospects.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject:

Man I would love JO to be a Laker.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject:

Yup, Odom and Kwame or Odom Bynum Cook for Jo would work.

You're changing the Power forward/ Center from Odom/Kwame to Turiaf/O'Neal. That is a tough, short 4/5 combo. Not sure if the Laker Brass would welcome that.

Tinsley,JO from LO, Kwame, Cook would work as well, but Im not sure Indiana would go for that.

Last edited by hydrohead on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=293070&highlight=#293070

Maybe Kobe was trying to recruit him two years ago.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
breggie31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject:

I would do it in a heart beat ... I would go after KG first... If we cant land him them we definitely need JO..... I dont care if it cost us Lamar and Bynum or Cook, draft pick (I know most would include Kwame but we need his size .. we cant let go of him and Bynum and LO)... Our lineup would be sick and it will give us a legit low post threat and keep Kwame at the 5.. Also keeping Luke will allow Kobe to still play the attacking role ... Im drooling at the thought of this ... Do you know how much our defense is going to improve

Kwame /Ronny
KG or JO/Ronny
Luke/Radman
Kobe/Evans
Tinsley or Mike James ?/Shasha
indy_dave00
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:

Something along the lines of Odom,Bynum , Brown ,Farmar, and pick for JO,Tinsley , and Harrison works capwise.

Pacers want badly to deal Tinsley not sure Bynum can be had but I know he would be asked for.

Still think 50/50 anything comes of the talk.Way it currently stands here in Indy aside from Granger any Pacer could be moved this summer.Want Jeff Foster ?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind him, but he's not good enough to make us contenders. He plays a lot of face up and doesn't shoot a good percentage. He's not that great of a rebounder either. KG would make us instant contenders imo, but that pipe has burnt out.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject:

indy_dave00 wrote:
Something along the lines of Odom,Bynum , Brown ,Farmar, and pick for JO,Tinsley , and Harrison works capwise.

Pacers want badly to deal Tinsley not sure Bynum can be had but I know he would be asked for.

Still think 50/50 anything comes of the talk.Way it currently stands here in Indy aside from Granger any Pacer could be moved this summer.Want Jeff Foster ?

Harrison over Foster. Orien Greene.

Throw in Radmanovic for Marquis Daniels?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject:

indy_dave00 wrote:

Thats pretty steep if you ask me.....But if it went down that way we would look like this .....

So we would than have Turiaf to start?

A re-signed Mihm to back up Turiaf?

Harrison to back up JO?

Luke and Rad at the 3...

Kobe with Evans backing him up.....

Tinsley with sasha at the point?

And a two way guard with our pick?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject:

JO is our only realistic hope for that 2 way PF. He's just as good of a rebounder as Lamar, huge shot blocking threat, and his fg% should improve with the tri and kobe's offense. He's our only real shot for a more balanced team and championship contention at this point.

DO IT MITCH!!!!!!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I wouldn't mind him, but he's not good enough to make us contenders. He plays a lot of face up and doesn't shoot a good percentage. He's not that great of a rebounder either. KG would make us instant contenders imo, but that pipe has burnt out.

Ironically, KG shoots more jumpers than JO. KG gets a mere 23% of his shots inside, whereas JO gets 32% inside. Gasol trumps them both at 46% of his shots inside, but then again, JO and KG play defense.

Chances are JO is as good as it gets. Indy wants to blow it up, JO wants out; KG doesn't want to ask out, McHale ain't trading to the Lakers; Gasol isn't going anywhere since he'll be on an insta-contender if they land Oden. If Kobe can't contend with JO, and Phil can't coach a team with JO and Kobe to the Finals, and the Lakers can't build a contender around those 2, there's pretty much no hope for Kobe, for Phil, or this franchise.
indy_dave00
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject:

Actually O'Neal , Foster and Harrison for Odom , Bynum, Brown ,Farmar and #1 works.

Marquis Daniels may have a chronic knee problem he missed the last 27 games this season and only will play 45 games this year and has 4 years left on his deal-sure you want him?

There are several combos that work capwise. Key to me from Pacer viewpoint is Andrew Bynum available? Because if JO is dealt its basicly a total rebuild in Indy.

The Warriors deal brought in Murphy and Dunleavy and their huge long term deals can't see either being very tradable.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject:

indy_dave00 wrote:
Actually O'Neal , Foster and Harrison for Odom , Bynum, Brown ,Farmar and #1 works.

I don't see the Lakers parting with Bynum, Farmar and the #1 this season--too steep a price in young talent. But I can see Bynum being a key for the Pacers, even if we Lakers fans think Kwame and Odom would be enough.

Is there any hope for Harrison? I haven't seen much of him....I mean obviously Bynum is better or Indy wouldn't want him, but will I at least not want to throw things at the TV when he's in the game?

Quote:
The Warriors deal brought in Murphy and Dunleavy and their huge long term deals can't see either being very tradable.

Problem for us is those are the types of players that Phil and Mitch love.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It's pretty much the same thing as before," Daniels told the Indianapolis Star. "They said it was a good thing it happened. I busted up some of the old scar tissue that was in there. Hopefully I can play Tuesday [against Phoenix]."

Daniels injured his knee when he went up for a dunk against the Raptors.

Indiana coach Rick Carlisle told the paper that despite an MRI which showed no significant damage, he does not plan to rush Daniels back onto the court.

I'll risk that. Radmanovic has a torn ligament in his shooting hand anyway. Both have the offseason to be healthy.

Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject:

I don't think we have to give up both Bynum and Brown to get Oneal.

I think the Lakers would want to keep Kwame because of his post defense.

I could see a Odom, Bynum, Sasha, and a number one in the 2008 draft going out for JO and Orien Green. Green is a FA so it would have to happen after the draft.

I wonder with a lineup of Oneal and Kwame who would guard a guy like Dirk?

I also wonder if a guy like Eddie Jones would come back to the Lakers?

He would make the perfect big guard in the back court with Kobe.

How would this lineup fair against the rest of the west.

Brown/Mihm
Oneal/Turiaf/Cook
Walton/Rad/
Bryant/Evans
E. Jones/Farmar/Orien Greene

What are we missing?
indy_dave00
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:

Marquis Daniels knee could be like Jonathan Bender's was something that will limit his availability his entire career. In 4 seasons Daniels has yet to play 63 games in a season.

David Harrison has a good offensive game but is foul prone. Kareem working with him could turn him into a player. Harrison has been a teaser here one night 12 minutes 8 point 4 boards a block or 2 , next night 3 fouls in 2 minutes. He came into camp this season 20 pounds lighter and immediately got hurt and has been on inactive list most of the season , But he has skills just not sure how consistant he'll ever be.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:

What happened to the assumption that we needed to take Tinsley in order to get JO?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:

Do we really need to give up Bynum? I wouldn't think so. JO has leverage in opting out doesn't he?
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject:

There's no way I'd give up Bynum, much less Bynum and Odom, for an injury-prone O'Neal. It's clear that Bynum has been working pretty hard(just tough to tell how hard because I've never seen a guy so raw trying to completely develop new moves before), at this rate, he should be a full-time starter pretty soon, maybe as soon as next year.

Like I said, I'd trade Kobe before I'd trade Bynum. If we can pull of a trade of Kobe for the #3 pick and another starter, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Like I said, I'd trade Kobe before I'd trade Bynum. If we can pull of a trade of Kobe for the #3 pick and another starter, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Yes. How to fix the franchise? Trade the franchise player. Lovely.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: