SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY, HINTS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Realistic?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
No
44%
 44%  [ 46 ]
Maybe
31%
 31%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 104

Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm, 570 and BSPN now reporting the trade talks. This deal is not all but done.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Right.

And why would New Orleans trade a former all-star for a good backup center and two players worth NOTHING?

Gotta agree with that. If the best we can get with Caron is Kwame, why would NO ship us Mags for scrubs? Not gonna happen.

Soda
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Jeez man, Butler for Kwame......

Sonicc64 wrote:
thats all fine and dandy,... but where is that "impact player" in that scenario?

Magloire.

Personally, I think Magloire is WAY over-rated on these boards. His career averages are 9.5 pts. 7.4 rbds - just 2 pts. and 2 rbds more than Kwame's career #s, and Kwame's been in an unstable and volatile environment without consistent minutes since he entered this league as a chilid.

I'd rather have Kwame Brown, whose a better defender, younger and has far more skills. Yes, he's had issues, but he also hasn't been in an environment conducive to success. Heck, he had one (1) season where there wasn't turmoil and his #s were 11/7.5. That's already better than Magloire's career #s, and there's zero reason to think that Kwame couldn't/wouldn't be better than that (or at least match that) with stability. Remember, Kwame is also one of the rare guys that can actually defend Tim Duncan well. Not too many guys, including Magloire, can claim that. His #s also show that if he can get 10 shots a night - realistic as a starter on this team - he puts up 17/10. Magloire had 1 season where he averaged double digit scoring and double digit rebounds. That hardly makes me want to jump for joy at the thought of Jamaal.

What's this over-exaggerating of Jamaal Magloire? He's good, but he's not THAT good. Kwame has far more upside and has shown what he can do when given regular, reliable minutes. Plus we wouldn't have to give up as much talent to get him - and he's cheaper than Magloire.

I'd rather trade Caron for Kwame. This guy would explode as a Laker - I believe that. Washington has a long and terrible history of not developing their young bigs the right way, and then watching in horror as those players explode when they go a team that has a clue.

Last edited by LakerJam on Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY, HINTS)

cardom wrote:
Lakers trade Mihm, Cook, Atkins to New Orleans for Jamaal Magloire whose stock, after being offered for two draft picks to Toronto (!!!), is way down. (NO might also have to give us a future draft pick.) Magloire is Phil's "Impact Player", no it's not KG.

Lakers trade Butler and George to Wizards for Brown and Hayes in a sign n' trade. - Takes care of our PF issue.

Lakers will pick up Antonio Daniels for MLE. - Takes care of our PG issue.

Lakers will sign Tyronne Lue for LLE. - Solid, triangle-trained backup PG.

1. Daniels | Lue
2. Kobe | Vujacic | Wafer
3. Odom | Jones | Hayes
4. Brown | Grant | Turiaf | Slava
5. Magloire | Bynum | Divac

Update 7/12: RealGM is already reporting the Wizards trade. www.realgm.com

Update 7/13: Everyone reporting the trade now. Details: Butler, Vlade and a first round pick for Kwame Brown, who will most likely get a two year deal with the third year as a team option. Lakers also agreed on a two year deal with Luke Walton.

I like your trade scenario for Kwame Brown better than the one that is supposedly on the table now.

I also like the idea of giving up Mihm, Atkins and Cook for Magloire! Even though some feel he's overrated and others feel he's an "impact" big man, for giving up these players only just to get him...Where do I sign?

Ty Lue, I'd pass on, even for the LLE.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
romeo1921
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY, HINTS)

cardom wrote:
Lakers trade Mihm, Cook, Atkins to New Orleans for Jamaal Magloire whose stock, after being offered for two draft picks to Toronto (!!!), is way down. (NO might also have to give us a future draft pick.) Magloire is Phil's "Impact Player", no it's not KG.

Lakers trade Butler and George to Wizards for Brown and Hayes in a sign n' trade. - Takes care of our PF issue.

1. Daniels | Lue
3. Odom | Jones | Hayes

Update 7/12: RealGM is already reporting the Wizards trade. www.realgm.com

Update 7/13: Everyone reporting the trade now. Details: Butler, Vlade and a first round pick for Kwame Brown, who will most likely get a two year deal with the third year as a team option. Lakers also agreed on a two year deal with Luke Walton.

The Magloire trade has zero chance of happening unless Butler is involved
because NO is looking for a scoring small forward so either the Magloire deal or the Kwame Brown deal goes down, but not both.
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject:

Kwame deal IS done.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Jeez man, Butler for Kwame......

Sonicc64 wrote:
thats all fine and dandy,... but where is that "impact player" in that scenario?

Magloire.

Personally, I think Magloire is WAY over-rated on these boards. His career averages are 9.5 pts. 7.4 rbds - just 2 pts. and 2 rbds more than Kwame's career #s, and Kwame's been in an unstable and volatile environment without consistent minutes since he entered this league as a chilid.

I'd rather have Kwame Brown, whose a better defender, younger and has far more skills. Yes, he's had issues, but he also hasn't been in an environment conducive to success. Heck, he had one (1) season where there wasn't turmoil and his #s were 11/7.5. That's already better than Magloire's career #s, and there's zero reason to think that Kwame couldn't/wouldn't be better than that (or at least match that) with stability. Remember, Kwame is also one of the rare guys that can actually defend Tim Duncan well. Not too many guys, including Magloire, can claim that. His #s also show that if he can get 10 shots a night - realistic as a starter on this team - he puts up 17/10. Magloire had 1 season where he averaged double digit scoring and double digit rebounds. That hardly makes me want to jump for joy at the thought of Jamaal.

What's this over-exaggerating of Jamaal Magloire? He's good, but he's not THAT good. Kwame has far more upside and has shown what he can do when given regular, reliable minutes. Plus we wouldn't have to give up as much talent to get him - and he's cheaper than Magloire.

I'd rather trade Caron for Kwame. This guy would explode as a Laker - I believe that. Washington has a long and terrible history of not developing their young bigs the right way, and then watching in horror as those players explode when they go a team that has a clue.

Jamal Magloire's upside = Kwame Brown's downside.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject:

cardom wrote:
Kwame deal IS done.

where's Jarvis Hayes....Nostradamus?????
Quack
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject:

AI will be shaking in hiis shoes if Lue comes back to L.A
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject:

Hey, I was almost right, not even Nostradamus himself guess everything 100%. I was a lot more specific then him tho. But take this: nobody believes Chris Mihm will be moved for Jamaal Magloire. Just wait and see that happen.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY HINTS)

brock wrote:
cardom wrote:

1. Daniels | Lue
3. Odom | Jones | Hayes

New Orleans is asking for a LOT for Magloire right now. They might come down if they don't get any takers, but after the PR hit that followed the Baron Davis trade, they're not about to give up Magloire for nothing.

Vujajic is awful. He shouldn't even be on the active roster, and he certainly isn't worthy of being Kobe's backup.

If the Lakers trade Butler, it won't be for Kwame Brown.

I thought Brock was an insider???
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY HINTS)

targetman wrote:
brock wrote:
cardom wrote:

1. Daniels | Lue
3. Odom | Jones | Hayes

New Orleans is asking for a LOT for Magloire right now. They might come down if they don't get any takers, but after the PR hit that followed the Baron Davis trade, they're not about to give up Magloire for nothing.

Vujajic is awful. He shouldn't even be on the active roster, and he certainly isn't worthy of being Kobe's backup.

If the Lakers trade Butler, it won't be for Kwame Brown.

I thought Brock was an insider???

You beat me too it
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject:

cardom wrote:
Hey, I was almost right, not even Nostradamus himself guess everything 100%. I was a lot more specific then him tho. But take this: nobody believes Chris Mihm will be moved for Jamaal Magloire. Just wait and see that happen.

No offense Insidester, but even the title of your posts mentions that alot of your info came from Vescey. If you'd have just listened to Vescey and NOT altered what he reported, you WOULD have been 100% right.

Vescey reported the deal would go down exactly as it did (until the Wiz added Laron Profit late last night, but that was never going to be part of the deal in the first place).

Too many media rumor collaborations later serve as the start to "insider" careers. I mean hey, ya got it right, but so did half the people on this board. They just didn't start a thread in their own name to make sure they could gloat later.

Soda
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject:

Peter Vescey is a fiction writer isn't he?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: