Jim Buss said he likes the Core of the Lakers now!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Jim Buss said he likes the Core of the Lakers now!!

during an interview, Jim Buss said that he likes the core of the Lakers nnow, and he doesn't plan to make any changes to this team!!!!
Great!!! well, at least he is making money no matter what, LAkers are still the best draw. Loser mentality!!!
The first thing he needs to do it fire Mitch, then he give up his duties to his sister!!! i am sick of the weak management that the Lakers have!!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject:

This is like the 10th thing I've heard that Jim Buss has said, to where I
think to myself that I have zero faith in the guy.

Thing is, each time I hear one such thing, it's paraphrased, and I wonder
if I should put too much faith into the source, etc.

But now that it's about 10 different things?

Well, they can't all be B.S. or misquoted

Dr. Buss, please, please PLEASE bring back West, or drop Mitch and bring
in Kiki and give him full-run... anything but letting your little puppydog
run the show.

Is Jim Buss actually just sleeping with Bynum or something? Sounds like
he's perfectly ok with letting the entire franchise tank and losing all of
Kobe's prime years just to keep Bynum in his bed.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject:

i doubt he is sleeping with Bynum, but he sure likes horses....
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject:

The problem isn't the core. It's the role players. Smush, Cook, Vlad, Shammond, McKie, and Sasha won't cut it with the way they played this year. Turiaf, Farmar, and Bynum need more experience and can't be of much use until they gain it.

We need veterans. Especially vets who can play D.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject:

He is making a lot less money than he would make if the Lakers made it deep in the playoffs. I think its about $1 million or so that they pocket for each home playoff game. Make it to the WCF and thats $7-8 million. $15-16 million for winning the finals. $2 million for one and out. At least those are the numbers I've seen before. Not advancing is costly.

But hey, Jimbo can be happy as can be with this roster.

They make no moves, Kobe demands out. Kobe demands the team of his choice. They can hold him hostage for 2 seasons until he can opt out, but I'd say having a pissed off, doesn't want to be here anymore Kobe is probably a bad idea. They won't even make the playoffs. More lost money.
So they agree to trade him to the destination of his choice. They get bent in the trade, just like they did with Shaq. They'll have to accept some combination of meidocre players and bad contracts again. Kobe goes off to win more rings. The Lakers will be capped out still, with bad players, and waste another 5 years rebuilding around Bynum.

It is insantiy.

There were four guys out there tonight who looked like they gave a damn. Not sure about Luke. He was abyssmal, but he was banged up. Not sure if he was banged up more than Lamar, Kobe, or Kwame, but he gave it a go. But 4 guys, despite injury, showed up to play. That's it. If that is the core he's talking about, sure, I like it. But you still need to add 8 more players this off season. Good luck with that.
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject:

He has to say that. If teams know he's desperate, even for small trades, it affects his leverage.
swissboy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject:

Guys i really dun understand... For sure alot of members on LG have good knowledge and ideas for potential trades... Dont the management of this team see this??? If we dont make some kind of acquisition this offseason then i really dunno wat to think of this team anymore.. Plz... :roll:
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Jim Buss said he likes the Core of the Lakers now!!

mad55557777 wrote:
during an interview, Jim Buss said that he likes the core of the Lakers nnow, and he doesn't plan to make any changes to this team!!!!
Great!!! well, at least he is making money no matter what, LAkers are still the best draw. Loser mentality!!!
The first thing he needs to do it fire Mitch, then he give up his duties to his sister!!! i am sick of the weak management that the Lakers have!!

LINK PLEASE? :roll:
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject:

I like the core too. Kobe, Ronny & LO.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Jim Buss said he likes the Core of the Lakers now!!

orwell wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Seriously, at least pretend the the claims are factual instead of making stuff up.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject:

Can anybody post a pic of Jim Buss? I've never seen this nimrod before.
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
The problem isn't the core. It's the role players. Smush, Cook, Vlad, Shammond, McKie, and Sasha won't cut it with the way they played this year. Turiaf, Farmar, and Bynum need more experience and can't be of much use until they gain it.

100% agree
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject:

Oh, my. Some guy with a total of 20 posts claims that Jim Buss said this, without a link, and people start going nuts. Suckers.
thegreenlaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject:

I've heard Mitch say this on the radio. I'm not 100% sure if Jim said it as well. But the optimistic view would be that the lakers are saying this because if they were to say "hey our team sucks, we need to make changes" then it would be difficult to make any trades.

also when you keep expectations low and do something good, it makes your fans 10000x happier than if you were to promise your fans to make changes and end up trading for eric snow.
Endure 12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject:

Idiots!

I have nothing else to add.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=39577&highlight=kabc+jim
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject:

i hope he says that./ saying there will be a fire sale, is the worst thing to say
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Jim Buss said he likes the Core of the Lakers now!!

orwell wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Was this supposedly after the game?
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject:

Jim Buss needs to work in the scouting department and back off of the GM role.

Kupcrap needs to be reqassigned and we need Jerry West or the assistent GM of the Spurs.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Jim Buss said he likes the Core of the Lakers now!!

mad55557777 wrote:

I don't mind him saying that in an interview. Really, what I want the front office to say in public is something along the lines of, "We will be looking to improve the team, as always, but we feel we have a strong foundation and there's no reason to make changes for the sake of making changes." Hopefully, we fans won't hear about deals that are discussed unless they actually happen, because it's usually not helpful to the team when these things get leaked and enter the rumor mill. I mean, sure, it's fun for us online because it gives us something to talk about, but it's not good for the team.
WalterJ187
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject:

I think he's just playing hard to get with his other GMs. He's not going to come out and say "Fire sale at the Staples Center! Come one, come all! Everyone not named Kobe is on the trading block!" and devalue his players before the offseason starts.

We saw what happened last time when Mitch stated publicly that Shaq is tradeable. The Lakers didn't get half of what they should have.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject:

Dr. Buss needs to have Jimmy go back to failing in the non-descript horse business, the younger Buss doesn't know a thing about basketball. It would be great if JWest could come back, but that's not likely.

Do it Jerry!
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject:

revgen wrote:

and ^^This is the truth.
But key phrase
Quote:
the way they played this year.

Minus Smush, Mckie, and Sasha, Cook. You have Vlad. who was done at the start of this year, because of his shooting hand injury. he is not an injury prone player. then the snowboarding thing. that pretty much finished up the rest of his season. So more or less you only have seen a shell of vlad.

You could get rid of everyone else out of that group and I wouldn't blink.

Problem is this. WHERE IS THIS VETERAN LEADERSHIP in the FA pool, that is attainable???? NO where

Where is this VETERAN LEADERSHIP attainable via trade, assuming we dont want to trade away our entire core, since its the role players that need changing? I dont know do you?
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
He is making a lot less money than he would make if the Lakers made it deep in the playoffs. I think its about $1 million or so that they pocket for each home playoff game. Make it to the WCF and thats $7-8 million. $15-16 million for winning the finals. $2 million for one and out. At least those are the numbers I've seen before. Not advancing is costly.

But hey, Jimbo can be happy as can be with this roster.

They make no moves, Kobe demands out. Kobe demands the team of his choice. They can hold him hostage for 2 seasons until he can opt out, but I'd say having a pissed off, doesn't want to be here anymore Kobe is probably a bad idea. They won't even make the playoffs. More lost money.
So they agree to trade him to the destination of his choice. They get bent in the trade, just like they did with Shaq. They'll have to accept some combination of meidocre players and bad contracts again. Kobe goes off to win more rings. The Lakers will be capped out still, with bad players, and waste another 5 years rebuilding around Bynum.

It is insantiy.

There were four guys out there tonight who looked like they gave a damn. Not sure about Luke. He was abyssmal, but he was banged up. Not sure if he was banged up more than Lamar, Kobe, or Kwame, but he gave it a go. But 4 guys, despite injury, showed up to play. That's it. If that is the core he's talking about, sure, I like it. But you still need to add 8 more players this off season. Good luck with that.

He'll make up the difference the Donald Sterling way, by jacking up ticket prices.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject:

Jim Buss will be the downfall of this organization unless he proves otherwise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: