BSPNEWS: Kwame "traded to LA", then changed their Captions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Quote:
...He has been considered expendable since the Lakers acquired him as part of the blockbuster deal that sent Shaquille O'Neal to Miami last summer. Divac, Atkins or George would be thrown in for salary cap purposes. It's also possible the deal could include a 2006 first-round draft pick, which the Lakers acquired from Miami in the O'Neal trade. Divac, who is slated to earn $5.4 million next season, can be bought out of his contract for $2 million. That would save the Wizards $3.4 million on their salary cap, money that could be used to acquire other free agents.

Just read this part of the Washington Post article.

That pick isn't worth much in all likelihood, but I'm still surprised that we don't get Washington's protected 2007 first rounder, or at the very least, a swap of our Miami pick with their first round pick.

It's pretty expensive for Kwame, but at this point I can't dismiss it as homespun rumor-mongering.

Jordan Farmar.

Glad the pick part of the rumor was B.S.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

kqiu2210 wrote:
...this is why you don't link to old news threads. because someone is gonna post it and bump it up -_-

I think he was bored.
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

And if we didn't throw in the pick to the Celtics we could've snatched Marcus Williams
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
You can compare points and rebounds side by side, but what you guys really should be looking at is the field goal percentage and free throw attempts. Kwame is a career 45% shooter. That is not high enough for a PF. So Kwame might give you equal points, but he needs more attempts to get them. Nene gives you more PPG, while taking less attempts. Nene plays closer to the basket like a true PF is supposed to (52% career field goal percentage), and he gets to the line.

Kwame plays more like a SF. He's not a back to the basket, bang down low PF like Nene. I really don't see how anyone can compare the 2 of them. Their games are nothing alike. The only thing similar is their height.

He had us all fooled.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject:

^How?

You don't really see jumphooks, dropsteps, and power finishes all the time with Brown compared to Nene.

Brown's favorite move is facing the basket 10'-15' away dribbling left with 1 bounce and utilizing a spin move for a short shot.

Nothing back to the basket about that.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: