New Interview:Kobe does not want to be traded,but still wants changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject:

Looks like we'll have one more year of frustration.

Trying to be an optimist, this could be a good thing. Look at it this way. LO and Kwame don't get traded

Lakers make minor changes i.e. Artest, Starting PG. --> Maybe, MAYBE break into the second round in playoffs...MAYBE.

The season that follows, Kwame's contract comes off the books. KG is a free agent.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:
Plaschke went all the out way to think for Kobe. Kobe's true intention was this and that. Kobe wants a big trade.

I guess that privilege is reserved only for members of this forum.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject:

Do the surgeries hurt a potential JO deal that much? After all, JO just went under the knife as well.
indy_dave00
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject:

Jermaine's surgery was very minor. In fact JO is already rehapping his knee, and by early July he should be 100%. Was a partial medial medicus tear and general clean up nothing major.

On other hand Odom's surgery has a 4 month recovery time and extent of Brown's surgery is unknown as is the recovery time.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:

I haven't read the thread - so forgive me if this is already said

You can't take that literally either way - he may not want to be traded period - or he may not WANT to be traded but feels he NEEDS to be traded.

We don't know - we weren't in the interview - but based on that simple statement - it's not enough to discern his true feelings on the matter

my daughters don't want to go to sleep at night - it's envitable that they will eventually

Pau Gasol said he doesn't "want" to be traded from the Grizzlies - but he does badly - he was just saying I don't want to BUT the team is going to hell.

Again - not saying anything specifically - just pointing out that there's not enough information here.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject:

The writing is sadly on the wall.
hitmankb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
hitmankb wrote:
Why would kobe want to be traded to any other team? If he was, the other teams best Player or Players would come to LA, leaving kobe with NO supporting cast!

Plaschke is an Idiot!

Im all for getting Artest IF possible, Resigning a HEALTHY (if possible) Mihm, and using the MLE for a PG..

Sorta like how the Raptors got New Jersay's best player when they traded VC or how Philly got Denver's best player when they traded AI?

If Kobe's no trade clause is still in effect, then the Lakers are screwed on many fronts.

AI is No Kobe, VC is No Kobe and this is LA. I Know our front office is stupid, But I HIGHLY doubt that they would send KOBE out and bring Scrubs in.. You get a nash, kg, or a labron for kobe plain and simple.. AI's stock was falling, VC's stock was like enron, Kobe's stock is like apple or microsofts.. Always on top!
AllorNothing on Ron Artest
Quote:
He should be let go of his contract by the Kings to pursue a topnotch psychiatrist in LA.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject:

hitmankb wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
hitmankb wrote:
Why would kobe want to be traded to any other team? If he was, the other teams best Player or Players would come to LA, leaving kobe with NO supporting cast!

Plaschke is an Idiot!

Im all for getting Artest IF possible, Resigning a HEALTHY (if possible) Mihm, and using the MLE for a PG..

Sorta like how the Raptors got New Jersay's best player when they traded VC or how Philly got Denver's best player when they traded AI?

If Kobe's no trade clause is still in effect, then the Lakers are screwed on many fronts.

AI is No Kobe, VC is No Kobe and this is LA. I Know our front office is stupid, But I HIGHLY doubt that they would send KOBE out and bring Scrubs in.. You get a nash, kg, or a labron for kobe plain and simple.. AI's stock was falling, VC's stock was like enron, Kobe's stock is like apple or microsofts.. Always on top!

The front office can't even figure out a unified plan for the team and you expect them all to get behind one trade of this size?
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject:

they got together on the shaq trade
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:

Anyone know the rules regarding Kobe pulling a Jordan and "retiring" for one season? Does his contract stay on the books? What happens if he returns the following season ala MJ? What are the cap ramifications? Saving his body from another year of senseless wear and tear playing on a team that still won't be ring worthy might actually be a good thing for both he and the organisation? Heck, if he'd done that this season the Lakers could have been in Portlands position. No matter who the Lakers pickup, KG or anyone else, they aren't going to get a ring the first year. We've all seen far to much of the NBA to know that just won't happen. It'll be the second year at the soonest. Retirement/Unretirement rules anyone?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Anyone know the rules regarding Kobe pulling a Jordan and "retiring" for one season? Does his contract stay on the books? What happens if he returns the following season ala MJ? What are the cap ramifications? Saving his body from another year of senseless wear and tear playing on a team that still won't be ring worthy might actually be a good thing for both he and the organisation? Heck, if he'd done that this season the Lakers could have been in Portlands position. No matter who the Lakers pickup, KG or anyone else, they aren't going to get a ring the first year. We've all seen far to much of the NBA to know that just won't happen. It'll be the second year at the soonest. Retirement/Unretirement rules anyone?

If Kobe "retires" and continues to receive his salary, the salary counts against cap. It's all moot. I can't imagine that Kobe would voluntarily sit out a year for these type of shennigans.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

If Kobe "retires" and continues to receive his salary, the salary counts against cap. It's all moot. I can't imagine that Kobe would voluntarily sit out a year for these type of shennigans.

Since I can't imagine a situation where Kobe would retire and still request a paycheck, any clarification about the rules regarding his retiring, he and the Lakers mutually voiding their contract, and it's ramifications on the cap? And any clue what the cap ramifications are if he signs a new contract the following year? Are his rights retained? Is he simply treated as a free agent? Do the Lakers retain any preferences in signing him post-retirement?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject:

The Lakers management has made some piss poor decisions in almost every phase of building this team for seemingly the past decade, including the Shaq years. We have been below average in terms of talent for nearly 8 years now, and its not acceptable.

I question our loyalty to the Mitch Kupchak. We certainly need a change in the front office. However, i fear mitch may not even be our biggest problem. As i said a couple weeks ago, the Lakers as a basketball franchise have lost their soul. They are focused more on the bottom line than winning championships. As long as they have Kobe they have sellouts and people in the seats, and making money. They arent commited to winning basketball games anymore and its unfortunate. This franchise as a whole needs a shot in the arm.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:
The Lakers management has made some piss poor decisions in almost every phase of building this team for seemingly the past decade, including the Shaq years. We have been below average in terms of talent for nearly 8 years now, and its not acceptable.

I question our loyalty to the Mitch Kupchak. We certainly need a change in the front office. However, i fear mitch may not even be our biggest problem. As i said a couple weeks ago, the Lakers as a basketball franchise have lost their soul. They are focused more on the bottom line than winning championships. As long as they have Kobe they have sellouts and people in the seats, and making money. They arent commited to winning basketball games anymore and its unfortunate. This franchise as a whole needs a shot in the arm.

Certainly seems true. Just one bad decision after another. The first step should be to clean house, root and branch: new GM, new scouts, new trainers -- everything, because the current regime is lacking big-time.

Doubt that it happens, though.

SGH
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Ric Butcher just said Kobe wants Jerry West in control badly

Is that true Eric???
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers BADLY need somehting positive to happen. We need to find that PG who can play for us, Mihm to get healthy if Kwame is not ready, and some good management transaction to occur. What about Shaw or Rambis replacing Mitch?
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:

the day we traded Shaq (though it might've been the right thing to do is debateable) however, we all got that feeling in our stomach of the reality of the situation. the way things are going, if we lose kobe because the front office couldn't get there act togather, for me will be unprecidented. I've been a fan since the mid seventies, that kind of finality would be the end of my interest in Laker basketball. if you cant create a team around the best player in the game and arguably the best thats ever played, you should not be an owner or a GM and I shouldnt be a fan of that organization.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Bump.

In the wake of Kobe's passing, I'm reminded that it's nothing short of miraculous how this situation turned out.

People seem to forget that in 2007, our chances of even contending for another championship with Kobe were slim to none - and slim had just left town.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: