Caron - Kwame..Voice Your Concern!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you approve of Caron - Kwame trade?
Yes, Absolutely
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Okay if another player is given to LA
34%
 34%  [ 68 ]
No Absolutely way!
31%
 31%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 197

startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Caron - Kwame..Voice Your Concern!

I know there are mixed feelings about this "possible" trade.
Let Lakers hear your voice!
Vote please!
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Caron's attitude and maturity alone give him more value than Kwame. Rewind to Caron's interview on Leno. After seeing that I was so proud that Caron was playing for the Lakers. If I were Caron I would be insulted hearing Kwame's name mentioned as a deal.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Folks, this poll will run for 3 days only.
So, vote as soon as possible
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
Caron's attitude and maturity alone give him more value than Kwame. Rewind to Caron's interview on Leno. After seeing that I was so proud that Caron was playing for the Lakers. If I were Caron I would be insulted hearing Kwame's name mentioned as a deal.

We should appreciate his from-the-botttom-of-the-heart intention to be Lakers for life. I think he and Kobe will be the best buddy. At least on Lakers team.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Caron for Kwame straight up = big gamble on Mitch's part. Even so, we all should be worried how Kwame's attitude is. The man's been in the league for 4 years... 4 years and yet he prefers to miss a playoff game due to a "stomach virus". Bottom line is his maturity isn't the greatest but at 23, he could still have long ways to go. Maybe all he really needs is a change of scenery.

Caron for Kwame + #1 pick = Yeah, I can agree to that to some extent (Washington's gonna be a lottery team by next year anyway. )

Caron for Kwame + some other player(s) = deal, but only if it's another PF (like Etan Thomas) or a PG (like Juan Dixon).
NuMber 1-CaronFan
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject:

NO i absoultley dont approve of that trade at all....but o well my opion doesn't matter does it
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:

startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Hey the 570 just mentioned agian on this topic.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Hell no.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Folks, at this pace we have

5 Yes
7 OK
10 No

You are entitled to your opinion. Like it or not, this is a good way to know how we feel. By the way, I intended to add "IT's just a smokescreen" for the fourth option but it didn't appear.

I think this may be another smokescreen!
HRE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

startrex wrote:

Luckily I managed to get my vote in on time.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject:

HRE wrote:
startrex wrote:

Luckily I managed to get my vote in on time.

Thanks. I love your screen. Beautiful b...

Listen to 570 now!
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: What do you folks think of Chad Ford's basketball IQ

Since he works for BSPN and gets paid to write about basketball, and writes things most here disagree with, I'm expecting a lot of negative responses to that question. All I ask is this: If you are going to respond either way, please offer some substance. I am depending on fellow LG'ers to help me form my own opinion.

The reason I ask is that Chad Ford ranks Kwame the 8th best free agent still on the market. Even if it isn't a Headlining free-agent year, to be ranked that high suggests that the guy isn't regarded as a sure bust. How high would Caron be ranked on that list, if he was a FA? (Try to answer with your head. The Caron Cult sort of reminds me of the Eddie Jones followers who still pine for bringing him back.)

I also thought that Scoop Jackson's May 5 Epic on KB while not completely reassuring, was balanced, thoughtful, and reason enough to consider this kid to be a potential steal this summer - AND a potential risk. A Risk-Reward ratio that would fit the Jerry Buss school of team building quite nicely. Certainly nothing to dismiss out of hand, IMO.

I don't know if this trade is even being thought about, but I do think all the knee-jerk negativity toward the idea is rather superficial, and pretty unrealistic in some cases.

If you want to make an omlet, you have to break some eggs.
lakecuz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Say yes to Kwame. Kwame Brown will bring more us than Butler scoring 20+ just because he brings defense. If all Kwame did was get 8 pts or so, and play defense it would bring more help to the Lakers than what Caron will bring us.
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject:

i dunno, its hard to give up caron after our attachment to him. should we really look forward to trade a couple of players + ending contracts to wizards for kwame. or we can give kwame an offer, and see if wizards match it because there is a good chance they wont =P
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
STiG909 wrote:

startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject:

lakecuz wrote:
Say yes to Kwame. Kwame Brown will bring more us than Butler scoring 20+ just because he brings defense. If all Kwame did was get 8 pts or so, and play defense it would bring more help to the Lakers than what Caron will bring us.

If Kwame did bring defense to Wizzards, they could have been more competitive in the playoffs. But that's probably not fair because he was benched or banned to play during the playoffs for particular reasons not directly related to his skills.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject:

We got a all-star calibur SF and no Pf id trade our back-up for a potential star who played with 3 ball hogs last year

In the six games he got twelve or more shots, he averaged:

20.2ppg, 11rpg, on 52.8% shooting. he can became a 20/11 player.
LA_UNION
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Can Caron become an all-star with Lakers? Maybe, but maybe not if he is the third option in a triangle offense. And if he is not starting, probably not! Will he be an all-star with the Wizards? Probably will,because he would be starting! Maybe we should look at this in his perspective. Will Kwame reach his potential with the Wizards? Absolutely not! Will he get there with a change of teams? He might just reach it! So why not with thec Lakers??
LakerManiac7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject:

I read the article and it made me think twice. I wouldn't mind this Kwame trade I think Kwame just needs a coach who can Guide him.
M. Hicks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Y'all forgot that Caron went into the tank last year when he thought that he might be traded...he was playing terrible.

He only became a highly productive scorer when it was the end of the year and the Lakers were playing out the string. The Lakers went 2-19 during the stretch Caron scored all of those points.

Caron is a decent, sometimes good player. He is not worth the $50-$60 million, 6-year deal it would require to keep him in LA, not when we have a very good playmaking 3, the best perimeter player in the league capable of being a great 3, and in Jumaine Jones, a better than function roleplaying 3.

The Lakers need rebounding, some post scoring, and a big body that can be productive. Bynum's just not ready yet.

It doesn't make sense keeping Caron around just because he laughs and jokes with Kobe. They can hang out together during the All-Star break and catch up with each other.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Tough decision, but Laker Management has made tougher decisions...

I'd hate to lose the great chemistry, that Caron and Kobe had, but we have a glut of 3's. If Lamar goes to the 3, then we still have Jumaine Jones, and Walton, not to mention George[whose future is unknown].

In spite of everything, I think our need for a decent bigman, for the near future, overrides the downside. I think Kwame might fit in best for us, right now. Kwame has the cobination of youth, and experience. I think Kwame needs a change of scenery, and a good coach, and he will turn his game around. Last season, he showed flashes, of what he could be. I think it's a good gamble.
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject:

M. Hicks wrote:
Y'all forgot that Caron went into the tank last year when he thought that he might be traded...he was playing terrible.

Thank you. Exactly what I was getting at with my reference to Eddie Jones, who also performed miserably under similar pressure.

Sorry, but likable swingmen of medium height (by NBA standards) who can score at will when there is nothing on the line are not exactly rare as hens' teeth in the NBA.

Bigmen with the skillset and potential of Kwame Brown are a whole lot more difficult to come accross.
lakerhi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:

You are totally 100% correct.

This is a terrible trade. Who is making trades, someone who sits in their office and don't know anything about basketball or using a dart board to see where it lands to make a trade. Just like Depo ruining the Dodgers.

1. You are getting a player who didn't do anything since he was drafted.
He was even suspended from the team during the playoffs when
they needed him the most.

2. Because of this he hasn't shown to be matured enfough. Like Magic said it takes a couple of years for them to be matured and learn the fundamentals. Hasn't shown it yet.

3. You are giving up one of best players and has show flashes he can be an allstar. Kwame hasn't shown anything, but pouting. Butler has shown he is a great friend with kobe and backs him up. Great teammate.
He also can play the 2, 3 and maybe the 1 position. Kwame the 4.

4. If the Lakers getting a 1st Round pick that maybe again drafting on potential. Thats all I have been hearing this offseason. Hate the word potential instead of they can do it. Potential meaning bust.

5. Brown avg. 7pts 5 rbs., Butler 17.5pts 5.5 rbs.

6. Brown voted to be in the top 10 worst #1 picks of all time.

If this happens my friends and I may not attend any games until Kupchak is gone. We usually drive and stay for the weekend but we decided it won't be fun anymore if this happens. We all support the players but not this ridiculous trade.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject:

No matter who works with Kwame, he will never have the same mentality and heart that Caron has. The thing that I really love about Caron is that he turned his life around through basketball. This kid realizes that he's in the NBA, an opportunity of a lifetime, and he doesn't want to mess it up. These are the types of players you want around especially when you have the youngest kid in the NBA. What does Kwame bring to the table that will benefit Bynum?

We used the #10 pick in the draft to aid our future at center and we're actually going to have him sit on the bench and learn from Kwame? It all doesn't make sense to me. If we bring in Kwame(doesn't matter for who), we make the future of Bynum even more uncertain. This trade is way more of a gamble than everyone is saying because our future talent is on the line.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: