REAL GM = NEW, LONG ARTICLE ABOUT KWAME BROWN
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Now that you read the article, how do you feel:
We should trade for Kwame!
72%
 72%  [ 92 ]
No, the guy is no good.
27%
 27%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 127

Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: REAL GM = NEW, LONG ARTICLE ABOUT KWAME BROWN

http://www.realgm.com/src_goaltending/54/20050712/the_book_on_kwame_brown/

Very good read, check it out.

Last edited by Cardom on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
c728
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers’ frontline sucks. There is no dancing around the issue, they’re terrible. Brian Grant and Vlade Divac are both done. They’re old (by sports standards, of course), injury-prone and are no longer capable of providing serious contributions to the team. Chris Mihm is a capable player but Slava Medvedenko is terrible, Luke Walton is too small and Brian Cook can do one thing: shoot.
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject:

c728 wrote:
The Lakers’ frontline sucks. There is no dancing around the issue, they’re terrible. Brian Grant and Vlade Divac are both done. They’re old (by sports standards, of course), injury-prone and are no longer capable of providing serious contributions to the team. Chris Mihm is a capable player but Slava Medvedenko is terrible, Luke Walton is too small and Brian Cook can do one thing: shoot.

LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Before we get into how he’ll handle playing the game itself, we’ve got to consider the environment he’ll be in. Kobe Bryant is no leader; he’s arrogant, brash and he is a selfish player. He’s very talented and he’s starting to loosen up now that he runs the Lakers himself but he’s not going to treat Kwame gently because he’s got the same competitive fire in him that Jordan did.
This I take serious issue with. Kobe has not shown arrogance or brashness towards the younger players on the Lakers. He really took Devean under his wing a couple of years ago and helped him to improve his game when Shaq was out for the first three months of the season. Kobe has shown a lot of patience and tutelage to the younger guys that have been on the roster: Devean, Kareem, Slava. On the court he's patient with them, and you can see him correcting them during timeouts/foul shots, etc.

Kobe has been arrogant and brash with ONE player - Shaquille O'neal - whom he did not respect because of Shaq's crappy work ethic and 12 year old antics, or should I say PED-andtics. That's really where Kobe gets the "arrogant" label, because he wanted nothing to do with "being under Shaq's wing." Kobe has a lot more patience with the players that look up to him that Jordan EVER did.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
edward
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Kwame trade????

Do not trade Caron Butler no matter what. Give the wizards anyone they want other than Kobe, Lamar, Caron, Luke, Jermaine Jones, Chris Mihm and Bynum. Throw in some future draft picks if thats what it takes.
Lakes4Life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject:

makes you want him on your roster
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Quote:
Before we get into how he’ll handle playing the game itself, we’ve got to consider the environment he’ll be in. Kobe Bryant is no leader; he’s arrogant, brash and he is a selfish player. He’s very talented and he’s starting to loosen up now that he runs the Lakers himself but he’s not going to treat Kwame gently because he’s got the same competitive fire in him that Jordan did.
This I take serious issue with. Kobe has not shown arrogance or brashness towards the younger players on the Lakers. He really took Devean under his wing a couple of years ago and helped him to improve his game when Shaq was out for the first three months of the season. Kobe has shown a lot of patience and tutelage to the younger guys that have been on the roster: Devean, Kareem, Slava. On the court he's patient with them, and you can see him correcting them during timeouts/foul shots, etc.

Kobe has been arrogant and brash with ONE player - Shaquille O'neal - whom he did not respect because of Shaq's crappy work ethic and 12 year old antics, or should I say PED-andtics. That's really where Kobe gets the "arrogant" label, because he wanted nothing to do with "being under Shaq's wing." Kobe has a lot more patience with the players that look up to him that Jordan EVER did.

I second that.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject:

We should trade for Krumy Brown, but not for Butler.

Mihm, and Miami's #1 draft pick, throw in Cook for good measure. Washington gets rid of their cancer and actually get something in return. We get at minimum an above average NBA 10/8 PF and at max a 20/10 guy.
brandnew
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Dagger, isn't the point to add on to our supply of big men, to get a guy to play the 4? I don't see how trading Mihm in that stituation helps us much. He's a decently solid cheap center.

On Kwame, he actually would be a legit scoring option, because Lamar, though he may be considered the 2nd scoring option, as we all know, is ridiculously unselfish, creating more opportunities for Kwame to score. Having Kobe/Lamar creating could really do wonders for Kwame's offense... and if that's what it takes to fire him up on defense, he could be pretty nice.

Eh, I'm not keen on trading Butler for him, but I wouldn't mind it if it happened. Could be a pretty nice risk/reward in the end. Still would prefer Magloire, though.

Last edited by brandnew on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I think we should definitely get this dude. He can play 5, we need to move Mihm to 4.
G_DawgLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I want Kwame and Etan Thomas for Butler, George, and Cook and we're good to go.
yesman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to get Kwame if they think he can make a turn around. But for Caron? Please no. 16 points a game last year, with 6 boards. I would send Brian Grant and our 2 first rounders from next year's draft.
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject:

yesman wrote:
I'd love to get Kwame if they think he can make a turn around. But for Caron? Please no. 16 points a game last year, with 6 boards. I would send Brian Grant and our 2 first rounders from next year's draft.

I'm sure Wizards are very interested in Brian Grant's 30M contract.
yesman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject:

cardom wrote:
yesman wrote:

I'm sure Wizards are very interested in Brian Grant's 30M contract.

Well some of the expiring contracts. Divac and someone else. Point is, we can make this trade happen without dealing caron.
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kwame trade????

edward wrote:
Do not trade Caron Butler no matter what. Give the wizards anyone they want other than Kobe, Lamar, Caron, Luke, Jermaine Jones, Chris Mihm and Bynum. Throw in some future draft picks if thats what it takes.
:roll:
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject:

yesman wrote:

Well some of the expiring contracts. Divac and someone else. Point is, we can make this trade happen without dealing caron.

Why the hell would a team do a sign and trade for expiring contracts?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject:

yesman wrote:

"In the 25 games where he got ten or more shots in a game, his averages were: 16.72ppg, 9.16 rpg, on 53% shooting from the floor."

Can Caron do that?

Also, why Grant? You don't want to trade Caron, but you'd sign Kwame to a max deal (which you'd have to do to trade Grant)? And why first round picks? Why not get picks back since we're the one's assuming the risk and the Wiz get a known player.
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
yesman wrote:

"In the 25 games where he got ten or more shots in a game, his averages were: 16.72ppg, 9.16 rpg, on 53% shooting from the floor."

Can Caron do that?

There's only about 10 players in the NBA that can do that.
LFsnz67
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject:

cardom wrote:
c728 wrote:

His assessment of Laker players is pretty damn accurate...
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject:

As far as I can tell, the average poster here is afflicted with some sort of basketball schizophrenia.

On the one hand, unless a player has unlimited "upside" he is undesirable. If he isn't athletic, and have 'great length' he's sumarily judged to be worthless.
Players who are just good at basketball are not desirable.

On the other hand, if a player has all these traits, but has limited basketball development, he is given roughly three professional games to become a star and fulfill his potential.

Kwame Brown is a tall, athletic and talented player that has played four seasons in a bad situation, and he's basically done allright.

To say the he "sucks" is I think quite premature.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Why is everyone sleeping on Kwame boy can play but everyone loves Magloire i will take Kwame over Magloire anyday. Hes only 23 and shows when given time he cna put up 16 and 9. I would do this deal in a heartbeat
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:
As far as I can tell, the average poster here is afflicted with some sort of basketball schizophrenia.

On the one hand, unless a player has unlimited "upside" he is undesirable. If he isn't athletic, and have 'great length' he's sumarily judged to be worthless.

On the other hand, if a player has all these traits, but has limited basketball development, he is given roughly three professional games to become a star and fulfill his potential.

Kwame Brown is a tall, athletic and talented player that has played four seasons in a bad situation, and he's basically done allright.

Right on.
yesman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:

RedSnapper wrote:
yesman wrote:

Why the hell would a team do a sign and trade for expiring contracts?

An expiring contract plus draft picks when you could just lose him to Free agency is a good deal.
Sasha V
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:

Ahh I love the analysis.......

LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I admit. These past couple days, the more I think about it, the more I would like to have Kwame on this team. I'm just not sure we should trade Caron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: