Garnett update thread (KG Thread Winding Down, RSVP for the Summer 2012...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject:

When you think about it, imagine if the Celtics won the #1 or even #2 pick. They would more than likely go with a youth movement and build around Oden or Durant leaving KG, more than likely in our lap (or he stays in MIN).
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ocho wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
it's the most ever given for one player.

They got it all...

youth - check
cap space relief - check
1st rd picks - check

yup. i'm envious of their situation. when they want to trade their HOF big they get two summers to fish around for the right deal for them. we had to do a rush job.

Actually we would have gotten a great deal if we just opened up our minds to trading within the conference. Mitch/Buss/whomever screwed the pooch on that call. Shaq has declined big time too, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference. Dammit!
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

ocho wrote:
ocho wrote:

They got it all...

youth - check
cap space relief - check
1st rd picks - check

yup. i'm envious of their situation. when they want to trade their HOF big they get two summers to fish around for the right deal for them. we had to do a rush job.

Yes, I agree.

It's pathetic and depressing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
, stick a fork in this pipe dream fellas, its done.

bittersweet.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject:

Title should be...

"GARNETT UPDATE THREAD: JULY 31ST- THE DREAM IS OVER.
Jesseca328
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject:

THE END!

=[

ALPHA ~ LakerSanity ~ 24 ~ Exick ~ ElginBaylor ~ TheBigRuski ~ re4ee ~ JerryMagicKobe ~ mbloves L.A. ~ unggoy ~ encina1~ Jesseca328 ~ phayze one ~ Flo'z
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:

How about?

"KG Is Officially Traded to the Celtics - Time to Move On and Look to the Future"

at least it's not a "sky is falling" title.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:

According to the Loose Cannons, Paul Pierce was instrumental in convincing KG to play with Boston. He helped with Boston's recruiting process by calling and talking with KG at least once everyday.

Dangit!

It's also funny that they don't know it's already OFFICIAL.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:

ya pierce seems like he was in KGs ear... Didnt Kobe and KG talk before the draft?? I really wonder what Kobe told him!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Little roller up along first . . . behind the bag! It gets through Kevin Garnett! Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!

Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject:

Well I think the fact that KG can now play with Pierce AND Allen was huge, coupled with being in Least Conference was to much to resist, the nice extension and playing on of the greatest NBA teams of all time probably helped...KB could talk all he want, that is just a better situation than what would have been in Laker land
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject:

LA could and should have been exploring Shaquille trades alot sooner.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
ya pierce seems like he was in KGs ear... Didnt Kobe and KG talk before the draft?? I really wonder what Kobe told him!

Kobe denies he ever spoke to KG... and from what I read about that report, Kobe I guess said he'd be open to KG coming here but didn't really give the large endorsement. Kobe seems to have distanced himself from everything Lakers this entire summer.

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
According to the Loose Cannons, Paul Pierce was instrumental in convincing KG to play with Boston. He helped with Boston's recruiting process by calling and talking with KG at least once everyday.

Dangit!

It's also funny that they don't know it's already OFFICIAL.

i dont think it was a coincidence that PP was at UCLA with KG a few weeks back.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
ocho wrote:
ocho wrote:

They got it all...

youth - check
cap space relief - check
1st rd picks - check

Actually we would have gotten a great deal if we just opened up our minds to trading within the conference. Mitch/Buss/whomever screwed the pooch on that call. Shaq has declined big time too, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference. Dammit!

i think im gonna agree w/ you on this. We could've gotten a better package if we would've traded with a team in the west. I would risk said team going to the finals if it meant we were getting a good deal w/ shat.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject:

well, it's official. now we can really.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject:

Here are some interesting thoughts regarding the effects of this Garnett Trade ...

1. The Celtics will rapidly go through free agency to fill their roster - this means that they will look to players that other teams like Phoenix (PJ Brown), San Antonio (Udoka), Memphis (Navarro), Dallas/Detroit (Webber), etc. were looking at to round out their roster. A team like Phoenix who desperately needs depth, will have to compete with Boston for players while Boston still has its MLE and LLE, while also not really worrying about the luxury tax. Essentially, this scenario could really screw over some of our rivals.

2. The Wolves Will Likely Initiate a Fire Sale - It is likely the Wolves will package Ricky Davis along with a bad contract to the first team which throws a expiring money their way. These "bad" contracts include - Hassel, Hudson, Howard, Madsen, Blount, and Jaric. What if the Lakers sent them Kwame, Sasha, and Cook for Davis and Blount?

3. Teams in The East Might Be Making More Moves Now - All those free agents still out there might look a little more appealing to the teams in the East with money still to spend... which again might mean that teams we compete with in the West would lose out on players they were relying on getting to compete with this year. Additionally, contending teams might be looking to do more trades out of desperation which means they might be ripe for the picking. This could include Indiana, Orlando, New Jersey, etc. I would not be surprised to see talks re-new between New Jersey and Indy for JO.

Bottom line is though, Mitch should be on the phones right now seeing what opportunities have arisen as aftershocks to this major trade.

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
How about?

"KG Is Officially Traded to the Celtics - Time to Move On and Look to the Future"

Yea, but it is a title that makes me want to gag. We've heard the move on and look to the future crap far too many times.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
How about?

Yea, but it is a title that makes me want to gag. We've heard the move on and look to the future crap far too many times.

Ok... "Look to the Present and the Future".... I mean only three options - present, past, or future. You can't really look to the present because it goes by too fast that by the time you look, its the past... so look to the future is usually the saying. It doesn't necessarily mean "be patient, let this team gell, blah blah"... all the things we associate with that phrase on LG. It just means, lets get past KG and look to the Lakers future without him.

24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to RSVP for 2012. Same place I'm assuming?
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Who wants the Celtics sloppy seconds. Ewwww!
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
How about?

Ok... "Look to the Present and the Future".... I mean only three options - present, past, or future. You can't really look to the present because it goes by too fast that by the time you look, its the past... so look to the future is usually the saying. It doesn't necessarily mean "be patient, let this team gell, blah blah"... all the things we associate with that phrase on LG. It just means, lets get past KG and look to the Lakers future without him.

I'd rather just not look at all or at least look to the past.
alwayslakers08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject:

LMAOOO check this out, a writer on yahoo sports just called ray allen, paul pierce, and KG 3 future hall of famers. KG for sure, but pierce and allen??? seriously now some people are getting way ahead of themselves. this is the same moron that bashed kobe in an article earlier this summer. pierce and allen hall of famers, couple this with that idiot in detroit who compiled a laughable list of the 50 greatest players in nba history and it makes you wonder how the hell these guys get paid to write crap like this. Heres the link, its in the very last paragraph. what a joke.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmgaxGcLjfayjVKwlZeY.iS8vLYF?slug=aw-garnett073007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

GO LAKERS
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Why is Garnett #5?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject:

The Celtics haven't won the tittle...

The games have to be played...

Let's now see if those huge names can put it all together...

They may not even be the best team in the east...

The Celts still have to deal with Bron Bron, the Pistons ofcourse, and possibly a different Knicks. They'll man handle Miami, and Indi, Chicago will still contend, and after three years together could be in the hunt...
The Celts may suddenly look invincible but, you never know what is going to happen... They could get a visit from the Lakers "mame and cripple demon" too...

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192  Next
Page 189 of 192
Jump to: