Garnett update thread (KG Thread Winding Down, RSVP for the Summer 2012...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject:

Tarzan008 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakers are in a position to win anywhere from 40-50 games next season and considering how it started off in May (Kobe wanting out) the lottery was almost a lock. Now it's looking like things will get back to normal again. I can envision the Lakers being anywhere from 4th to 8th in the west playoffs next season. And yes, I think they will be back in the playoffs as of today.

I think the Lakers as presently constituted are the 10th best team in the conference. That means lottery.

Did you say 4th seed Wolf...........

I agree with Dr.Laker here pretty much.... A 9th or 10th seed is more possible than a 4th or 5th seed....

Bad signings of Luke and Fish,thats it? Fish for way too much ca$h.....and no "D" Luke for too many years and a bit too much ca$h.....

At this point it will be year four of "Gel" time and gaining "MO time for you and Shoes Mr.Wolf....How many more years will you dream...?

you know every year you guys doom the lakers to lottery and every year we make the playoffs. even with all our key players going through long stretches of injuries. still got to the playoffs.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
Dropping the KG pipe is hard. It's like that damn ring in Lord of the Rings, and having to destroy it. Oh sure, you know that the ring MUST be destroyed, but it's so very difficult to actually do it, especially when the moment of truth comes and you have to drop it in the lava.

The time has come for us to destroy the KG pipe. Actually, the Celtics destroyed it for us, which somehow makes it worse. Anyways it's sad, but it's over.

I hated LOTR by the way, just saw it a month or two ago though.

What?! How could you hate LOTR? That's just wrong.

The Celtics will never be able to hold on to the KG ring, btw--he's just too much power for them. They will toss KG aside with a curse, or he will get bored with their weakness and slip away. Then THE PRECIOUS will be all MINES AGAIN (sorry, can't say "ours" and keep with the theme).

I'm on the other end of things, I don't understand how people actually *LIKED* LOTR! It was just so, meh.

Maybe the Lakers are Sauron, and the precious (KG) will find it's way to us? Possibly? Somehow? By mistake?

No, no, I really think it's officially over now.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakers are in a position to win anywhere from 40-50 games next season and considering how it started off in May (Kobe wanting out) the lottery was almost a lock. Now it's looking like things will get back to normal again. I can envision the Lakers being anywhere from 4th to 8th in the west playoffs next season. And yes, I think they will be back in the playoffs as of today.

I think the Lakers as presently constituted are the 10th best team in the conference. That means lottery.

I agree with Dr.Laker here pretty much.... A 9th or 10th seed is more possible than a 4th or 5th seed....

Bad signings of Luke and Fish,thats it? Fish for way too much ca$h.....and no "D" Luke for too many years and a bit too much ca$h.....

At this point it will be year four of "Gel" time and gaining "MO time for you and Shoes Mr.Wolf....How many more years will you dream...?

you know every year you guys doom the lakers to lottery and every year we make the playoffs. even with all our key players going through long stretches of injuries. still got to the playoffs.

wow a 7th seed and a nice whooping at the hands of PHX is something to talk about! About the injuries... expect them again, ODOm averages 30+ missed games a year... why should we expect that to change? add the other 20 that he takes off and day dreams on the court and you have another .500 season in the making!
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Well you cannot be speaking about me....... Last year for example I called a 7th seed well before the season started....

This year the West will be tougher,and we are status quo from last year.....Possible 8th seed and 1st round exit at best as is.... Are we gaining MO yet while we waste the greatest talents prime years? :roll:

We would be better off at this point getting a bottom 5 finish and a chance at one of the top 5 young guns coming into the league next year...... Mayo,Rose,Beasly,Batum,Gordan......Then go for the best FA we can get next off-season.....
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:

SUGGESTION AND PLEASE MODS:

Combine this thread with http://lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=45403&start=725

PLEASE. Then we would have the ultimate KG thread and find out how much we wasted our time on a player that plays for the Celtics!
clone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject:

The bottom line here is KG is soft. He didn't want the pressure of playing for the lakers in the tough western conference so he took the easy way and went to the JV of the NBA, the eastern conference. If he wanted to play with the lakers, he would be holding up the purple and gold right now. So he picked pierce and the celtics over kobe and the lakers? He's never been a winner and he never will be a winner. Pierce and Allen are a couple guys who don't know how to win either so I don't know why beantown is so excited.

1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002 2009 2010
Clank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject:

clone wrote:
The bottom line here is KG is soft. He didn't want the pressure of playing for the lakers in the tough western conference so he took the easy way and went to the JV of the NBA, the eastern conference. If he wanted to play with the lakers, he would be holding up the purple and gold right now. So he picked pierce and the celtics over kobe and the lakers? He's never been a winner and he never will be a winner. Pierce and Allen are a couple guys who don't know how to win either so I don't know why beantown is so excited.

I'm glad that Boston fans are excited. It just makes it that much sweeter for us Laker fans when they lose.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject:

why didnt the t-wolves lock up jefferson before making the trade?

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
why wont the t-wolves lock up jefferson before making the trade?

Because no franchise-level player ever turns down their first extension.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
Dropping the KG pipe is hard. It's like that damn ring in Lord of the Rings, and having to destroy it. Oh sure, you know that the ring MUST be destroyed, but it's so very difficult to actually do it, especially when the moment of truth comes and you have to drop it in the lava.

The time has come for us to destroy the KG pipe. Actually, the Celtics destroyed it for us, which somehow makes it worse. Anyways it's sad, but it's over.

I hated LOTR by the way, just saw it a month or two ago though.

What?! How could you hate LOTR? That's just wrong.

The Celtics will never be able to hold on to the KG ring, btw--he's just too much power for them. They will toss KG aside with a curse, or he will get bored with their weakness and slip away. Then THE PRECIOUS will be all MINES AGAIN (sorry, can't say "ours" and keep with the theme).

The Wolves had the precious, but then they traded Gollum to the Clippers for Jaric, and they passed into darkness.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Tarzan008 wrote:

Well you cannot be speaking about me....... Last year for example I called a 7th seed well before the season started....

This year the West will be tougher,and we are status quo from last year.....Possible 8th seed and 1st round exit at best as is.... Are we gaining MO yet while we waste the greatest talents prime years? :roll:

We would be better off at this point getting a bottom 5 finish and a chance at one of the top 5 young guns coming into the league next year...... Mayo,Rose,Beasly,Batum,Gordan......Then go for the best FA we can get next off-season.....

Last year I called 45 wins and a 7/8 seed. This season, 50+ and a possible 5 seed, 6 at worst.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject:

"Gelling".

Where this notion comes from I Do not know.

2003-2004 Lakers were totally re-vamped by the Shaq + Payton trades.

So it was FOUR new starters. Mihm, Odom, Butler and Atkins.

The next season the Lakers had 2 new starters with Kwame and Parker.

The following season the Lakers had 1 new starter in Walton.

So basically the Lakers have not had the same lineup over 3 years. That is complete BS.

As it stands the Lakers will only have 2 starters that remain from the 2004 opening day starting lineup. That is Odom and Bryant ofcourse. So how is it gelling?

Andrew is probably going to be our new starter. Fisher is another guy that could start, though Farmar might have a thing to say about that. Then there's Radmanovic who will want to take Walton's starting spot.

Really, I don't get where this stuff comes in terms of gelling. The Lakers only have 2 starters remaining from the the first roster post-Shaq trade. They have 6-7 new players in that time.

Following the lottery season in 2005. New players added.

Bynum
Turiaf
Farmar (06)
Crittenton (07)
Fisher (07)
Kwame
Radmanovic (06)
Evans (06)

I'm sure I'm missing someone - but that's EIGHT players added in the last 2 years. How is that letting a team gel?

Seriously folks. Come back to me with some substance. The Lakers may not be good next season, but they are not a franchise that hasn't made a lot of changes in the last few years. Infact they have made some drastic changes with the Shaq trade, Caron trade, drafting so many players, using the MLE in excess of 3 years (or more) 2 straight years .. just look at my list. EIGHT players.

Sorry to let the facts get in the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Funny how we basically have the same team as we did going into last year, but with Fisher and JC instead of Smush, yet last year we were WCF contenders, but this year we aren't going to make the playoffs.

One bad season kills everything.

But then again, one good run can kill a team too. Look at what we did after we nearly beat Phoenix: nothing. That's why the Cavs are going to be a bust this year.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject:

OMG! The KG thread moves to the General NBA Discussion Forum. This has to be the longest thread ever in this forum
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:

I kept telling everyone, KG moving was all about the money:

KG Sought Extension With Minnesota

Quote:
Before the Timberwolves traded Kevin Garnett to Boston, the all-star forward sought a $60 million, three-year contract extension from the Wolves.

"If he wanted $12 million, $12 million and $12 million instead, I would have signed him," Wolves owner Glen Taylor said Thursday.

Garnett already was signed with Minnesota for $22 million this season and $23 million next year. As part of his deal with the Celtics, he received the $60 million, three-year extension he sought, guaranteeing him, at age 31, $105 million over the next five years. Included was an $8 million up-front payment.

Show Me the Money

I suspect Ray Allen being added wasn't the clincher, i.e. the reason why KG suddenly warmed to Boston. I think Ainge simply called his bluff. There was no way KG would walk from a team holding his Bird rights, and offering to pay his asking price. KG was in mortal fear of being stuck in Minne with a team that was only going to pay 60 cents on the dollar.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
Capehorn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) wrong thread..
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject:

I see I was in consistent classic stubborn form during this thread.

RSVP for 2012? I think KG has worn out his welcome ... but you never know. Kobe has a thing for playing with guys he's had battles with. We may well recruit that big ass during the 2012 season. Especially if Boston is done winning rings as I presume they will be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192
Page 192 of 192
Jump to: