Vick to plead guilty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nudizl_Forshizl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject:

To be fair, sometimes dogs can be really scary and the only thing to do is to kill them cruelly. One time I was walking down the street and a dog barked at me and I got really scared and I wished somebody as brave as Michael Vick was around to drown him. He's a hero to stand up to those mean dogs!
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:
To be fair, sometimes dogs can be really scary and the only thing to do is to kill them cruelly. One time I was walking down the street and a dog barked at me and I got really scared and I wished somebody as brave as Michael Vick was around to drown him. He's a hero to stand up to those mean dogs!

For some reason I feel kinda bad for laughing at that
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I don't care for Vick never have but its mostly because I thought he was a joke of a QB more than anything else.

But then again PETA is too powerful and face it Vick is rather expendable as far as star power the NFL still has Manning and Brady for the QB spotlight.

Vick was probably the face of the NFL. His jersey was one of the top sellers. Plus he has that "cool" appeal that Manning and Brady just don't. I mean a QB that can run is something pretty special. The way Vick fits into his position can be compared to the way Magic fit into his(I'll probably get burned for saying that). We may never see another Vick again.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
I don't care for Vick never have but its mostly because I thought he was a joke of a QB more than anything else.

But then again PETA is too powerful and face it Vick is rather expendable as far as star power the NFL still has Manning and Brady for the QB spotlight.

Vick was probably the face of the NFL. His jersey was one of the top sellers. Plus he has that "cool" appeal that Manning and Brady just don't. I mean a QB that can run is something pretty special. The way Vick fits into his position can be compared to the way Magic fit into his(I'll probably get burned for saying that). We may never see another Vick again.

PETA made Vick torture and murder those dogs.. I know they did.. and all white people are evil hunters and whitey made Vick do it...

The excuses and explanations and BS given for Vick.. are just amazing.... He should have just tortured and electrocuted and drowned and burned some deer, right.. then it wouldn't be any big deal

I wonder if any of the dogs were stolen and enslaved to fight until they died against their will?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject:

Heard on ESPN Vick is giving the names of other dog rings in order to get a reduced sentence...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
TACH wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Wow

Talk about getting the best plea.

Vick will NOT plead guilty to killing the dogs or gambling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2989037

Quote:
Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling on dog fights, as detailed in his indictment, when he enters a guilty plea in a Richmond, Va., federal court Monday, a source close to the case has told ESPN. Instead, the one count of conspiracy that Vick will plead to will admit guilt to the charge of interstate commerce for the purpose of dogfighting.

The source told ESPN that Vick's defense team met with federal attorneys Thursday afternoon to determine the "summary of facts" to which Vick will plead, and that his attorneys believed they had a deal. The source said Vick maintains he never killed dogs and never gambled on a dog fight.

He will admit he was present when dogs were killed, but that he did not personally kill any of the dogs.

there's no way I could stand around and watch or be present while an animal was killed.

I agree,.. which is why I don't hunt or watch it on TV...

^^now this is what i agree with.. if you can't stand it. then dont stand it on any level. dont just say, "dont kill my kind of beloved pet. but you can shoot deers like its no tomorrow." if you truly think what vic and he boys did was terrible. unless its killing for the purpose of food/clothing. Then all killing/abusing of animals should be incorrect/illegal and not seen as a sport. This was marbury's whole point. and its been mine. lets stop being american hypocrites.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

He should have just tortured and electrocuted and drowned and burned some deer, right.. then it wouldn't be any big deal

Actually if he had I bet you that we wouldn't be hearing about this right now. Because it wouldn't be considered illegal.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Vick was incredibly overrated as a QB. He's a great athlete but mediocre(at best QB). He was like Randall Cunningham but not nearly as good a passer yet more exciting to watch. If anything Vick had the black fanbase which Mannning/Brady wouldn't get. That's what made him noticeable you know like Iverson for the NBA he brought the "street cred"
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject:

^^Vick was a good QB. It's hard to understand, but its true. He had crappy recievers on his team and they were flat out garbage. The only good reciever on that team was their TE and he seemed to catch everything Vick threw at him. Other than that, Falcon recievers were plain out garbage and Falcon fans to this day have been waiting for some playmaking recievers to see how good Vick really was.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject:

True falcons receivers were garbage. But at the same time, Vick just wasn't a great QB.

His accuracy isn't terrible - his numbers definitely take a hit from all the dropped passes. But IMO his touch was awful. He does not throw passes that are easy to catch. He is not accurate enough to put the ball in good locations for his receivers or hit touch passes well - every throw was a rocket. Sure, his O-line was consistently not very good. But at the same time Vick scrambled early a lot and made his blockers look bad a lot when he didn't follow schemes. Overall, it's really tough to say if his WR's and OL made him look bad or he made them look bad. And when he faced good defense, Vick tended to struggle in his decision making. And I never saw any ability to read a defense out of him.

After 6 years of very mediocre quarterbacking, I never really saw him as a championship kind of QB. Damn entertaining and athletic, but not a champion.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject:

Just priceless:

Quote:
Artest thinks Vick will emerge 'a better person

NBA star Ron Artest was glad to see troubled Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick express remorse for his involvement in a dogfighting operation and would like to reach out to him.

"I want to call him and support him, you know, be there for him," Artest said. "[He] lied and then came back and apologized to everybody, I felt that was classy. ... I was touched that he took full responsibility. I felt that was a real man. I know for a fact he'll come out a better person."

"I think athletes just gotta be more aware," he said. "At times things happen so fast in your life, you just stay living that same lifestyle. You can't do it no more. I just hope people can take the mistakes I made, mistakes other people are making and just learn from them."

The media continues to poke at volatile personalities looking to get some crazy quotes and unlike Marbury, Ronny didn't really bite. My guess is that if he had, the story would have brought up his own brushes with the law in regards dogs, but the story left that out completely. Calling Vick classy and saying he wanted to reach out to him gave me a chuckle though.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Just priceless:

Quote:
Artest thinks Vick will emerge 'a better person

NBA star Ron Artest was glad to see troubled Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick express remorse for his involvement in a dogfighting operation and would like to reach out to him.

"I want to call him and support him, you know, be there for him," Artest said. "[He] lied and then came back and apologized to everybody, I felt that was classy. ... I was touched that he took full responsibility. I felt that was a real man. I know for a fact he'll come out a better person."

"I think athletes just gotta be more aware," he said. "At times things happen so fast in your life, you just stay living that same lifestyle. You can't do it no more. I just hope people can take the mistakes I made, mistakes other people are making and just learn from them."

The media continues to poke at volatile personalities looking to get some crazy quotes and unlike Marbury, Ronny didn't really bite. My guess is that if he had, the story would have brought up his own brushes with the law in regards dogs, but the story left that out completely. Calling Vick classy and saying he wanted to reach out to him gave me a chuckle though.
Artest must be taking his meds....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Trick on Vic LINK

Trick Daddy on the Vic situation.

Haaaaalarious. with a capital H.

now let me warn you. he goes off on a tangent then comes back. then leaves again. then comes back.

I agree with a good 95% of what he said. the race card? NO, the dumb card ,for not paying someone off earlier like big spenders are supposed to. you did wrong. or you knew wrong was being done. either way. pay someone off first and for hand. it aint worth the backlash you may get even if you beat the case. "ask kobe."

whatever you do. Dont listen to this at work. if you do, you will be laughing out loud and you might get fired.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3047382

Here's a snippet - full article at the link.

Quote:
Falcons to ask return of bonus money at hearing

The Atlanta Falcons have asked their troubled quarterback Michael Vick to return more than $16 million in bonus money in a case that will be argued in a hearing Thursday, according to sources with knowledge of the case.

The Falcons contend that Vick should return the money because his recent guilty plea to federal dogfighting charges puts him in violation of the 10-year, $130 million contract he signed in December 2004.

The players association contends that roster bonuses are like option bonuses and may not be recovered by the team once earned.

The Falcons will argue that Vick signed the contract in 2004 knowing that he was in violation of it, and thus defrauded the team. In addition, they will argue that the new collective bargaining agreement went into effect after Vick signed his deal.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:

Quote:

The Atlanta Falcons have asked their troubled quarterback Michael Vick to return more than $16 million in bonus money in a case that will be argued in a hearing Thursday, according to sources with knowledge of the case.

The Falcons contend that Vick should return the money because his recent guilty plea to federal dogfighting charges puts him in violation of the 10-year, $130 million contract he signed in December 2004.

The players association contends that roster bonuses are like option bonuses and may not be recovered by the team once earned.

The Falcons will argue that Vick signed the contract in 2004 knowing that he was in violation of it, and thus defrauded the team. In addition, they will argue that the new collective bargaining agreement went into effect after Vick signed his deal.

well now if the new Collective bargaining agreement went into effect after Vick signed. this should be a non issue. unless you're trying to convince a judge to rule on cause of ethics. otherwise. if its contract for contract. well if the rule didn't exist. then it didn't exist at the time. so whats to argue?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Socks wrote:

Quote:

well now if the new Collective bargaining agreement went into effect after Vick signed. this should be a non issue. unless you're trying to convince a judge to rule on cause of ethics. otherwise. if its contract for contract. well if the rule didn't exist. then it didn't exist at the time. so whats to argue?

Obviously we don't know the details of the contract, but I believe many contracts have something in them to the effect that the signee agrees to represent the team within the boundaries of the law, etc. If that's the case, it looks like the Falcons are going to base their case on the fact that Vick was already engaging in illegal activities and therefore pretty much was lying to them when he signed the contract. I don't know if it's the right legal term, but they could make a case for fraud. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Trey wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

He should have just tortured and electrocuted and drowned and burned some deer, right.. then it wouldn't be any big deal

Actually if he had I bet you that we wouldn't be hearing about this right now. Because it wouldn't be considered illegal.

It would if it were out of season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: