"Anybody would love to play with Kobe," - Carmelo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

i would say it's a safe bet 95% of the league does not want to play with the black hole ....

when the hole is within 10 feet of the ball , it gets sucked in by his vortex (his "will to win at all costs" :roll: ) and shots go up by the dozens ...

what a joke ...

Of course, my previous post doesn't mean to imply that haters aren't usually the most ignorant, pointless and obviously foolish of either side - as this post proves.
twentyfootlayup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

i would say it's a safe bet 95% of the league does not want to play with the black hole ....

when the hole is within 10 feet of the ball , it gets sucked in by his vortex (his "will to win at all costs" :roll: ) and shots go up by the dozens ...

what a joke ...

Of course, my previous post doesn't mean to imply that haters aren't usually the most ignorant, pointless and obviously foolish of either side - as this post proves.

i don't hate kobe at all ... but you have to be blind to see most if not all of the players do .... the truth hurts don't it
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

i don't hate kobe at all ... but you have to be blind to see most if not all of the players do .... the truth hurts don't it

A shame it's an incomplete truth.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject:

But only those consumed with Kobe's place in history really give a crap. As a Laker fan, until one of those players comes to the Lakers, their statements are worthless.
20 Foot Layup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

Nice username...
twentyfootlayup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

maybe so, but it's a helluva lot closer to the truth than carmelo's statement
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Not really. I even remember LeBron James wanting to play alongside Kobe Bryant before he even got into the league. Same for BDiddy.

It's not like Kobe Bryant is detracting other players away from the Lakers. You do realize how many guys would love to play for the team right?

Like Kobe would push them away?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
dmills wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
Lets see him try doing it for 82 games, I doubt he or any other player with real talent for scoring....would be singing the same tune.

So now it's "if he played with him for 82 games it'll be different"? I love the way you haters try to spin the obvious.

A sample of a conversation with a Kobe hater who believes this crap;

Hater: "Nobody wants to play with Kobe."

Yes they do. Many have said so.

Hater: "Like who?"

Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Carmelo Anthony to name a few.

Hater: "I still maintain that nobody wants to play with Kobe."

Based on what?

Hater: "Players have said that they wouldn't play with him."

Like who?

Hater: "I'm not going to name names."

So let me get this right, You say nobody wants to play with Kobe, I ask you to name a player who has said so and you can't/won't . I name several who said PUBLICALLY that they would love to play with him and name the names, and you still refuse to accept that?
Enjoy your kool aid dude.

Sorry to play Devils Advocate, but this so-called "hater" NBAFan07 actually might have a mute point.

Noticed that all these players who said they love to play with Kobe are all players from different teams, who have not played alongside Kobe outside of All-Star games or maybe summer pick-up games?

It'd be rather nice to hear more statements like these coming from some of Kobe's actual teammates themselves, or from these players like Melo, Kidd, Baron when they've actually played a whole 82 games season with Kobe.

[/Devils Advocate]

Btw... to play Devils Devils Advocate to NBAFan07, guys like Caron Butler have said good things about Kobe as his teammate.

Lamar Odom, Luke Walton. The team's 2nd and 3rd best players respectively.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
dmills wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
Lets see him try doing it for 82 games, I doubt he or any other player with real talent for scoring....would be singing the same tune.

So now it's "if he played with him for 82 games it'll be different"? I love the way you haters try to spin the obvious.

Based on what?

Like who?

So let me get this right, You say nobody wants to play with Kobe, I ask you to name a player who has said so and you can't/won't . I name several who said PUBLICALLY that they would love to play with him and name the names, and you still refuse to accept that?

well...there's shaquille o'neal and karl malone for two. i'd say you can throw chucky atkins, ray allen, andrew bogut and vince carter in there as well for all three have spoken ill of him in the press. so there are examples.

The comments from Chucky, Ray and Vince were quite pathetic in their contexts as well
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

According to who/what? The fantasy running rampant in your head?

And you have credibility because of... ?
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Phil wanted to trade him (though he did come back).

And now Phil came back specifically to coach him. *dramatic prairie dog emoticon*

RCS926 wrote:

OK, I'll address your examples. Malone didn't have a problem with Kobe's oncourt play or offcourt personality until the whole "hunting Mexican girls" issue. If it wasn't for that, then Malone probably wouldn't returned to the Lakers in 04/05.

Chucky has always had a chip on his shoulder, so I'm not surprised that he'd have something to say. For a little guy, he does have a strong personality. Ask Larry Brown. Chucky didn't get along with him in Detroit either. The point is that he doesn't know when to zip it and just play his role.

Ray Allen and Vince Carter have been compared to Kobe since all three have been in the league. Both were considered Jordan Heirs along with Kobe at some point in their careers - Vince moreso than Ray, and both have failed miserably where it counts - in the playoffs. Once upon a time, guys like Iverson, Allen, Carter, McGrady, Pierce, etc. were considered right up there with Kobe. It's not an accident that in today's list of best-of-the-best wing players, Kobe is the only guy who's still standing. The rest of those guys have been replaced by Wade, Lebron and Melo.

Also, let's not forget that the animosity between Carter/Allen and Kobe has died down quite a bit over the past couple of seasons. Kobe seems to get along with them quite well these. However, if you want to know my opinion, I believe that the comments that Allen and Carter have made about Kobe reflect badly on them moreso than they reflect badly on Kobe. Their basketball careers have proven time and time again that neither has the "right stuff". Kobe does. They need to get over it.

Finally, regarding Bogut, he came into the NBA with an elitist attitude. His stereotyping of the American NBA player proves this. He's a guy who wants to promote himself as a "classy" guy who's above the pettiness and selfcenteredness of American NBA players. Yet, that doesn't stop him from publically stereotyping the average American player. He had bad things to say about Kobe before he even played his first NBA game, which lends no credence to his opinion at all. At any rate, I think he singled out Kobe because he believes that Kobe fits the stereotype to a T. However, how can you trust someone who judges another person before he's ever gotten a chance to know him. Nuff said.

Ooo, nice post mayun.

Last edited by Raptor2k on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
twentyfootlayup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject:

20 Foot Layup wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

Nice username...

hey that looked familiar
twentyfootlayup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

it's called an opinion just like yours and carmelo's

credibility ? now that's funny

maybe i'll put my fantasy PhD in my sig ...

targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I thought Chucky and Kobe were friends (of a sort?) Chucky said his words were taken out of context and his meaning was misconstrued. Don't know that I believe that, but I think it is true that he and Kobe are okay. Mihm and Fish have obviously spoken favorably of playing with him, and the fact that Fox comes to root him on from the stands (he was at the '81' game) shows me that they are friendly. Horry didn't like playing between Shaq and Kobe but he never singled Kobe out, he just said he took practice too seriously--hardly a condemnation. Apparently BDiddy, Boozer and Kidd wanted to play with him too, since they called him and asked him to put in a good word.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
I thought Chucky and Kobe were friends (of a sort?) Chucky said his words were taken out of context and his meaning was misconstrued. Don't know that I believe that, but I think it is true that he and Kobe are okay. Mihm and Fish have obviously spoken favorably of playing with him, and the fact that Fox comes to root him on from the stands (he was at the '81' game) shows me that they are friendly. Horry didn't like playing between Shaq and Kobe but he never singled Kobe out, he just said he took practice too seriously--hardly a condemnation. Apparently BDiddy, Boozer and Kidd wanted to play with him too, since they called him and asked him to put in a good word.

Kobe and Chucky are friends. Best friends I think. I remember Chucky came to Kobe's shoe premiere last year at Beverly Center. Also Caron loved playing along side Kobe.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

The truth may hurt sometimes. But given that there is no truth in what you say beccause it is purely baseless opinion, it doesn't hurt at all.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
dmills wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:

Based on what?

Like who?

well...there's shaquille o'neal and karl malone for two. i'd say you can throw chucky atkins, ray allen, andrew bogut and vince carter in there as well for all three have spoken ill of him in the press. so there are examples.

Using Shaq as an example is laughable. Since when is he a beckon of truth on this board? Malone is a fair example though. But when put into context we know what allegedly happend with that whole situation.

Chucky Atkins and Kobe are best friends and Chucky did everything he could do to remain a laker prior to being traded according to LA times reports. When Phil was announced as the head coach, Chucky tried to contact Phil for a meeting several times but Phil didn't return his calls.

Ray Allen and Vince are fair examples. But you peeps must remember the topic, Talking smack about a person and publically stating that you would not play on a team with that person are two different things. Don't lose sight of that.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject:

dmills- whether or not you think the examples are credible people or cool people...they are examples of people who don't want to play with kobe. that was the question posed. i don't like any of the people i listed...but they fit the criteria.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
JD wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

You were saying?
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
melo061 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:

And the troll returns

Real gm is that way Don't pollute the quality of the board.

How do you keep getting away with replies like this?

He's a troll because he has the opinion that Kobe isn't easy to play with?

Jesus. You guys are the trolls. You don't let anyone have an opinion without labelling them into haters, trolls etc.

And BTW, I don't neccesarily agree with NBA07's takes just that nothing he said in that was trollish.

He is in essence B-scott 2.0. When Kobe has a bad game, he says "pass it to lamar, he was rolling". When lamar has a bad game it's because we couldn't get it to him in the post and kobe took him out of rythm.

Because you left lg (and why did you ever return?) you missed what he was spewing. I can't expect much more from you, there isn't much difference other than the grammar. What angers me the most about you is your insistence of true fanship when clearly it isn't the case. You like players who play the right way, pass the ball while i like the guy who keeps my team afloat and is the reason why we even win games.

Perfect music.

Last edited by melo061 on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
twentyfootlayup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
JD wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

i was saying that i believe my opinion to be the truth ... just like 99.9% of the posts ever thrown up here ...

would you like me to continue ?

You were saying?

i said what i said, yes i believe my "fantasy" opinion to be the truth ...

just as you are taking carmelo at face value, no possible way he might be stretching the truth a bit there ....
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
JD wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

it's called an opinion . . .

You claimed it was a "truth". But glad to see you understand it isn't anything of teh sort and are willing to admit it.
twentyfootlayup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
JD wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

hahaha, lol, hahaha, lol

pure P.R.

what a joke ...

it's called an opinion . . .

You claimed it was a "truth". But glad to see you understand it isn't anything of teh sort and are willing to admit it.

i do believe it is the truth even though it is my opinion, my apologies even though it would seem that it would be fairly obvious... but i digress

i hope that clears up my verbage for everyone
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
But only those consumed with Kobe's place in history really give a crap. As a Laker fan, until one of those players comes to the Lakers, their statements are worthless.

Unless he has a man crush on kobe, I doubt any player would terminate his current contract, sacrifice his franchise player status, move his whole family to a new city, come to the lakers for way less money to be the sidekick, just because he likes to play with kobe.

BTW, please keep in mind that the kind of defensive-threads are actually fueled by the endless "no-one-wants-to-play-with-kobe" talks.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:

i do believe it is the truth even though it is my opinion, my apologies even though it would seem that it would be fairly obvious... but i digress

i hope that clears up my verbage for everyone

don't sweat it dude. if you had said that everyone in the nba wants to play with kobe nobody would have questioned your verbage.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10
Jump to: