"Anybody would love to play with Kobe," - Carmelo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twentyfootlayup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

i do believe it is the truth even though it is my opinion, my apologies even though it would seem that it would be fairly obvious... but i digress

i hope that clears up my verbage for everyone

don't sweat it dude. if you had said that everyone in the nba wants to play with kobe nobody would have questioned your verbage.

i appreciate the support, actually i was one of kobe's biggest defenders in the past, but for multiple obvious reasons that continue to manifest themselves in a continued pattern I just cannot throw blind allegiance behind him any longer ...
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I would think Anthony's opinion carries a lot more weight than your typical message board poster. Considering he actually knows a few NBA players.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
i do believe it is the truth even though it is my opinion, my apologies even though it would seem that it would be fairly obvious... but i digress

I am sure it applies to some indviduals - whether it applies to Mello is pure speculation at best. But there is little doubt that Kobe is a polarizing and demanding guy. And we'd be foolish to think that there aren't some players out there who would just as soon not team up with him. But there are also players who, completely on their own and without prompting, have stated that they would like to play with Kobe. So I think your opinion that "95% of the league doesn't want to play with the blackhole" is too exagerated to come close to the actual truth.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
i was one of kobe's biggest defenders in the past, but for multiple obvious reasons that continue to manifest themselves in a continued pattern I just cannot throw blind allegiance behind him any longer ...

Understandable. I sahre the same hesitancy in such allegiance as well. So you aren't alone there. - though that is clearly a minority position around here.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

don't sweat it dude. if you had said that everyone in the nba wants to play with kobe nobody would have questioned your verbage.

i appreciate the support, actually i was one of kobe's biggest defenders in the past, but for multiple obvious reasons that continue to manifest themselves in a continued pattern I just cannot throw blind allegiance behind him any longer ...

you're not the only one buddy
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
I would think Anthony's opinion carries a lot more weight than your typical message board poster. Considering he actually knows a few NBA players.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

would you say the same about shaq? wouldn't his opinion not only carry more weight than a typical message board poster but also more than melo's since he played on a team with him for several years?
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

would you say the same about shaq? wouldn't his opinion not only carry more weight than a typical message board poster but also more than melo's since he played on a team with him for several years?

Find a quote where Shaq says players would hate playing with Kobe then.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

well he certainly didn't enjoy it himself. you really gonna argue that one?
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject:

well kobe and melo are freinds so i dont see why anyone would expect him to say otherwise

RIP Jayden Odom
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Freakout wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

Who cares if Shaq didn't enjoy it? The thread is about the NBA not just one guy.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

Now that you and Kobe are no longer tight, perhaps you can see Kobe for what he really is. He is not your buddy, your friend, your lover or your enemy.
He is a remarkably gifted basketball player. Maybe the best of this generation. Appreciate that and the rest is moot.

Just my opinion.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
ocho wrote:
Freakout wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

Who cares if Shaq didn't enjoy it? The thread is about the NBA not just one guy.

the thread is about whether or not people like playing with kobe. shaq is an example of someone who played with him and didn't like it. that's all.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

Now that you and Kobe are no longer tight, perhaps you can see Kobe for what he really is. He is not your buddy, your friend, your lover or your enemy.
He is a remarkably gifted basketball player. Maybe the best of this generation. Appreciate that and the rest is moot.

Just my opinion.

i never thought he was my buddy or my friend but i did used to think he had more character and devotion to the team.

agreed on him being a remarkable gifted basketball player.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

Shaq dislikes the Busses and Mitch too, probably more so than he did kobe. He also said Miami was a better city than LA. I guess his opinion does carry a lot of weight
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

Shaq dislikes the Busses and Mitch too, probably more so than he did kobe. He also said Miami was a better city than LA. I guess his opinion does carry a lot of weight

so you've set up a system here where if someone doesn't want to play with kobe or didn't like playing with kobe....their opinion doesn't carry any weight.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

Just my opinion.

Bingo.

And to take it a step further, can we also appreciate the fact that other NBA players in the league may ALSO acknowledge and appreciate just how special Kobe Bryant the basketball player is? And dare I say, in recognizing his talents, they would actually like playing with such a skilled athlete, a competitor to the nth degree, and a winner?

Maybe Kobe isn't the guy to go out and have a beer with, have a rowdy party at his house, go to the clubs and bars until the next morning; and maybe some NBA players put the social and personality aspect of a player higher atop their priority list than others, and may not want to play with Kobe for those reasons.

But for those NBA players who share or want to match Kobe's determination, effort, and heart on the court, who want to win at all costs, while putting little stock in things like "Will he invite me to his house later on for a party?! Are we going to go bar hopping?!!", they will for the most part want to truly play with Kobe Bryant.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

so you've set up a system here where if someone doesn't want to play with kobe or didn't like playing with kobe....their opinion doesn't carry any weight.

My point - If someone accused almost every person he worked with before and also the city he lived in previously, his opinion on his ex-teammates probably doesn't carry any weight.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

My point - If someone accused almost every person he worked with before and also the city he lived in previously, his opinion on his ex-teammates probably doesn't carry any weight.

he hated kobe FAR before he hated buss or LA. were you around back in those days?
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

He also said the people in LA were plastic, so I guess he doesn't like us either. WAAAAA
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
He also said the people in LA were plastic, so I guess he doesn't like us either. WAAAAA

's'alright . . . the feeling is mutual to some of us.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

he hated kobe FAR before he hated buss or LA. were you around back in those days?

He also hated penny hardaway and Orlando magic FO before he hated Kobe.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
kobester wrote:
ocho wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Freakout wrote:

He also hated penny hardaway and Orlando magic FO before he hated Kobe.

his feud wiht penny paled in magnitude to his feud with kobe. with kobe it was personal.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:
ocho wrote:
twentyfootlayup wrote:

My allegiance to Kobe has wavered as well, but I'm not going to claim that 95% of the NBA doesn't want to play with Kobe and try to pass that off as the "truth".
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

the thread is about whether or not people like playing with kobe. shaq is an example of someone who played with him and didn't like it. that's all.

So he didn't enjoy 3 straight titles? Yeah their egos clashed, but they were still the most dominant duo, perhaps ever.

Shaq also feuded with Penny.

If Shaq played with Jordan, you can bet big money on them clashing as well. Jordan would of chewed Shaq up in his lazy/fat years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: