Lakers: Plan D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject:

yea i dont see them includeing another young prospect in noel
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I think Bell is only realistic if we take on Gadz' K without sending back a bad contract. In other words:

Kwame, Farmar, Evans, Sasha, McKie, 1st rounder, 3 mil for Yi, Simmons, Gadz, Bell.

There's basically no chance Buss' signs off on that. There's almost 100 million committed between those 4 players versus the 13mil that he'd be sending out. That's an awful lot to pay for a young prospect.

On paper the team looks great but it's all about the bottom dollar baby.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject:

All I know is, the more players you "add" to any "potential" trade, the less likely that trade will become reality.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Which is why the teams themselves generally don't work that way.

It's the fans who are constantly trying to add players turning a simple 2 for 2 swap into some elaborated 16 team 45 player trade that magically fills every hole in one fell swoop.

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of fantasy and insanity but of delusion. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Megapipe Zone!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

It's the fans who are constantly trying to add players turning a simple 2 for 2 swap into some elaborated 16 team 45 player trade that magically fills every hole in one fell swoop.

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of fantasy and insanity but of delusion. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Megapipe Zone!

RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

That's funny because the signpost that I see is next stop: LAKERSGROUND!
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject:

According to the Bucks forum on RealGM, Chinese newspapers are reporting a press conference scheduled for tomorrow in China by Yi's team. So rough estimate is midnight-ish for us. Some Chinese posters on their relative forums are speculating it's to announce a trade to the Lakers. But common sense and in all likelihood, it's probably to announce that Yi will sign with the Bucks. I don't see how or why the Bucks would let Yi's people make the announcement if he is indeed traded.

I guess we can lay this thread to rest by tomorrow morning at the earliest.

R.I.P KG
R.I.P JO
R.I.P Yi

Time to resurrect the Artest thread.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject:

compucomp
Scout

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atene23 wrote:

Here is the Chinese orignial, hope this time google translation does a better job.

本周三(8月29日)宏远俱乐部将在香港召开新闻发布会。根据hoopCHINA的消息渠道称,发布会上很可能将宣布易建联确定加盟雄鹿,不会考虑转会。
http://bbs.hoopchina.com/htm_data/110/0708/228537.html

This says: On this Wednesday 8/29 Guangdong Hongyuan will hold a press conference in HK. HoopCHINA has learned that in this press conference it is highly likely that it will be announced that Yi will join the Bucks and will not consider a trade.

Edit: Slight inaccuracy fixed. Keep in mind this is not a firm statement, but instead a rumor. We will know for sure after the press conference, which will occur probably sometime during the midnight hours American time tonight.

Link
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject:

I don't get why he would agree to sign with the Bucks, considering that from China's perspective, it would basically tell NBA teams to go ahead and ignore what they say when they specifically tell certain teams NOT to draft their players, because they'll just eventually cave anyway.

Considering the Chinese gov't. wants to control where their players play in this league, I don't get why they'd set that precedent. Perhaps they're more concerned about backlash, but this really isn't a gov't. that has shown much concern for how the world views it. Pretty much it's a "if you don't like, that's your problem" sort of attitude.

But, hey, times they are a changing so...
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
I don't get why he would agree to sign with the Bucks, considering that from China's perspective, it would basically tell NBA teams to go ahead and ignore what they say when they specifically tell certain teams NOT to draft their players, because they'll just eventually cave anyway.

Considering the Chinese gov't. wants to control where their players play in this league, I don't get why they'd set that precedent. Perhaps they're more concerned about backlash, but this really isn't a gov't. that has shown much concern for how the world views it. Pretty much it's a "if you don't like, that's your problem" sort of attitude.

We'll see, LJam. It's from the Bucks thread, so the poster is rooting for the Bucks. I can't figure out which way the announcement would go: signing with Buck? traded to Lakers? Not reporting for duty?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject:

^^Can we confirm that there actually is a press conference at all? The reason for the press conference is a rumor on the Internet, but where is there a non-RealGM citation for any press conference actually taking place?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
^^Can we confirm that there actually is a press conference at all? The reason for the press conference is a rumor on the Internet, but where is there a non-RealGM citation for any press conference actually taking place?

It's the live link just under the Chinese script in the post above. You need to have google translate it.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
encina1 wrote:

It's the live link just under the Chinese script in the post above. You need to have google translate it.

Per Google:

本周三(8月29日)宏远俱乐部将在香港召开新闻发布会。根据hoopCHINA的消息渠道称,发布会上很可能将宣布易建联确定加盟雄鹿,不会考虑转会。
来源

=

This week three (August 29) Hongyuan club will be held in Hong Kong news conference. According hoopCHINA the source said. Conference is likely to be announced 2.12m set to join the Bucks, the transfer will not be considered.
Source
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject:

OT: I love it. Perusing this Chinese language message board using Google, I came up on this little gem:

Quote:
Brothers, we have to do now is to let the YI in February next year's All-Star Jermaine O'Neal on squeezing out as the eastern starting power forward, the Chinese people so much, ah believe it is not difficult as long as ~

Quote:
兄弟们,现在我们要做的是让YI在明年2月的全明星上挤掉小奥尼尔,成为东部首发大前锋,中国人那么多,相信不是难事啊,呵呵~
Link

So, they're going to vote JO off the allstar game island, eh?

I'm guessing this means Yi signed with the Bucks, or is bound to do so soon.

We need some Chinese Laker faithful to sift through these threads.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Here's the last post on that thread as of 4:00am official China time: (2007-08-29 04:11)

Quote:
Even if the transaction yi only sign bucks more transactions possible, so it is still exciting, etc.

Quote:
即使要交易,yi也只有先签bucks再交易的可能,所以还是等等看吧

Forgive me for patting myself of the back. This thread is in a Milwaukee Bucks forum, hence, the many Bucks homer posts.

Here's the Lakers' forum: Link
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Might we ask if it's possible Yi will sign with the Bucks and then in a month when he can be traded, be moved to the Lakers?
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:

nah (technically yes - but practically no)
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Forgive me if I'm steering this thread off into ephemera. But I just had a Chinese co-worker tell me that 易建聯 is Yi Jianlian's name in Chinese symbols. So, if any brave soul wants to arm themselves with google and a few Chinese hoops websites and their search engines, there you go...
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=263991

Quote:
Not for long. Sources tell Sporting News that halfway around the world a major shift in the Yi situation is taking place, one that should eventually result in the Bucks getting their man. On Wednesday morning in Hong Kong (that's Tuesday evening here in the U.S.), Yi will be present at a meeting that should go a long way toward finally sealing his NBA future. A contract agreement still could be weeks away, but this meeting would be the first step leading to that contract.

Two contingents are scheduled to be at the meeting. One will be from the Bucks and will notably include Kohl, the team's owner. General manager Larry Harris and two lawyers representing the team also will be there, but Kohl's involvement in the negotiations is expected to be the key to unlocking the Yi stalemate. As the weeks have passed, Kohl has gotten more involved in finding a way to bring Yi to Milwaukee.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=263991

Quote:
Not for long. Sources tell Sporting News that halfway around the world a major shift in the Yi situation is taking place, one that should eventually result in the Bucks getting their man. On Wednesday morning in Hong Kong (that's Tuesday evening here in the U.S.), Yi will be present at a meeting that should go a long way toward finally sealing his NBA future. A contract agreement still could be weeks away, but this meeting would be the first step leading to that contract.

Two contingents are scheduled to be at the meeting. One will be from the Bucks and will notably include Kohl, the team's owner. General manager Larry Harris and two lawyers representing the team also will be there, but Kohl's involvement in the negotiations is expected to be the key to unlocking the Yi stalemate. As the weeks have passed, Kohl has gotten more involved in finding a way to bring Yi to Milwaukee.

Lame
infidel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I suppose Mitch is waving his fist angrily at the Gods once again...and trying to arrange a meeting with Rik Smits for that broken down vet signing part of the off-season we all know and love.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:

The NBA isn't going to let a draft pick decide to not report to a team that drafted him because it is in too small of a market. Otherwise, the small market teams are doomed to mediocrity.
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Dennis_D wrote:

The NBA isn't going to let a draft pick decide to not report to a team that drafted him because it is in too small of a market. Otherwise, the small market teams are doomed to mediocrity.

Ever hear of Danny Ferry?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject:

jbjb wrote:
Dennis_D wrote:

Or Steve Francis?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject:

jbjb wrote:
Dennis_D wrote:

Actually, Danny Ferry went from a big market (LA) to a small market (Cleveland). He refused to report to the Clippers and - in their greatest trade ever - they sent Ferry and Reggie "Stiff" Williams to the Cavs for Ron Harper, two 1st round picks (Loy Vaught, Elmore Spencer) and a second rounder (Joe Wylie).

Talk about bad drafting - the Clippers could've netted PJ Brown, Jayson Williams and Bobby Phills with those picks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: