Pizza Joints! List Your Best Spots!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject:

Sally's Apizza, in the pizza capitol of the world, New Haven, CT.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
In Chicago...Lou Malnati's. (From which, by the way, you can order the best frozen pizza you'll ever have.)

In Newport Coast, First Class Pizza makes a really good pizza. They also happen to be right where the Kobe video was shot.

I am also a sucker for the Pizza Margherita at Il Fornaio. Thin crust, northern Italian style I believe. Combine that with the Ensalada del Fornaio...I could live with that on a desert island if I had to.

Where is that exactly? I'll be by Fashion Island in a couple of weeks, is it by there?

Yeah, it's close by. There is a quicker way to get there, but if you aren't familiar with the area, from Fashion Island, just take PCH South (which is a left), turn left on Newport Coast Drive and when you get a little over the top of the hill you'll see a Pavillions and some other shops on your left. It's in there, and is the only non-residential part of Newport Coast Drive, so it's kind of hard to miss.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
In Chicago...Lou Malnati's. (From which, by the way, you can order the best frozen pizza you'll ever have.)

In Newport Coast, First Class Pizza makes a really good pizza. They also happen to be right where the Kobe video was shot.

I am also a sucker for the Pizza Margherita at Il Fornaio. Thin crust, northern Italian style I believe. Combine that with the Ensalada del Fornaio...I could live with that on a desert island if I had to.

Where is that exactly? I'll be by Fashion Island in a couple of weeks, is it by there?

Yeah, it's close by. There is a quicker way to get there, but if you aren't familiar with the area, from Fashion Island, just take PCH South (which is a left), turn left on Newport Coast Drive and when you get a little over the top of the hill you'll see a Pavillions and some other shops on your left. It's in there, and is the only non-residential part of Newport Coast Drive, so it's kind of hard to miss.

Ok, cool. Thanks, bro.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject:

Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:
Joe Peep's in NoHo/Studio City.

Unfadable.

Have you tried their giant pizza? Took me and the fellas 2 days to polish it off.

What is this giant pizza you speak of?!

I basically get the same thing every time, large pizza with garlic, sauteed mushrooms and artichoke hearts, all heavy toppings.

Looks like I have plans for dinner Sunday night

I saw them on Food Network a few years back and they profiled their HUGE ASS PIZZA and it was ridiculous. I don't recall the name of it but ask them about it and I'm sure they will know what it is.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Will this morph into what your favorite toppings are?

I like white pizzas. Or pizzas with chicken and spinach or artichoke hearts and feta on mine. Regular pizzas with tomato sauce and pepperoni are boring.

You morphed it! Ok, my toppings are simple: All MEAT & CHEESE! That's it!

I don't like gardens on my pizza.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
most of the time, I'd rather order cheesebread than pizza. I can make my own pizza but have issues with cheesebread.

white pizza's are tasty. I like the margherita style as well. my standard pizza is usually topped with: mushrooms, onion, green peppers, pineapple and black olives.

I can understand some of these, but I've never figured out who thought green bell pepper would be a good idea on a pizza. That stuff overpowers anything near it. Even onions on a pizza are more acceptable than bell pepper.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
most of the time, I'd rather order cheesebread than pizza. I can make my own pizza but have issues with cheesebread.

white pizza's are tasty. I like the margherita style as well. my standard pizza is usually topped with: mushrooms, onion, green peppers, pineapple and black olives.

I can understand some of these, but I've never figured out who thought green bell pepper would be a good idea on a pizza. That stuff overpowers anything near it. Even onions on a pizza are more acceptable than bell pepper.

oh, but I *love* bell peppers. I think a raw bell pepper is a perfect snack.

and LuxuryBrown, you can share a pizza with my brother. if it's not dead, it's not on his pizza.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject:

Here's a favorite from Btown (Bloomington, IN), named for the IU Hoosiers school colors.

CREAM & CRIMSON
Alfredo sauce and cheese are blanketed with a layer of oven-roasted red potato seasoned with fresh garlic and dill. Topped off with bacon, cheddar, and creamy gorgonzola cheese.

Damn good as far as your run of the mill delivery joints go.

I must say I don't really care as much for the more authentic brick oven variety nor do I go out of my way for a deep dish Chicago type pizza.

But I definitely never touch Pizza slut, Papa John's or Dominho's. Support your local independent pizza dealer. You'll be glad you did.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
Exick wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:

oh, but I *love* bell peppers. I think a raw bell pepper is a perfect snack.

and LuxuryBrown, you can share a pizza with my brother. if it's not dead, it's not on his pizza.

Ah...a dude after my own heart!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Here's a favorite from Btown (Bloomington, IN), named for the IU Hoosiers school colors.

CREAM & CRIMSON
Alfredo sauce and cheese are blanketed with a layer of oven-roasted red potato seasoned with fresh garlic and dill. Topped off with bacon, cheddar, and creamy gorgonzola cheese.

Damn good as far as your run of the mill delivery joints go.

I must say I don't really care as much for the more authentic brick oven variety nor do I go out of my way for a deep dish Chicago type pizza.

But I definitely never touch Pizza slut, Papa John's or Dominho's. Support your local independent pizza dealer. You'll be glad you did.

So damn true. Back in 93, my girl and I were in Palm Springs and we ordered pizza from this mom & pop pizzaria and it was off the hook! So, whenever I'm in PS, I hit them up when a pizza Jones is coming on.
Jesseca328
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Casa Bianca in Eagle Rock!!

ALPHA ~ LakerSanity ~ 24 ~ Exick ~ ElginBaylor ~ TheBigRuski ~ re4ee ~ JerryMagicKobe ~ mbloves L.A. ~ unggoy ~ encina1~ Jesseca328 ~ phayze one ~ Flo'z
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:

Prisma, I agree with you on so much, but you had to disappoint me with this one.

Olives? Blech!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject:

OK, so how about international pizza experiences? The pizzas in Italy are just meh. I like the pizzas in Chile. There, from what I remember (I usually do not eat pizzas when I am there), they are personal pizzas, much thinner crusts, fresh ingredients, and instead of tomato sauce they have sliced tomatoes. Much better in my opinion.

I don't remember eating pizza in any other country I have visited.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
OK, so how about international pizza experiences? The pizzas in Italy are just meh. I like the pizzas in Chile. There, from what I remember (I usually do not eat pizzas when I am there), they are personal pizzas, much thinner crusts, fresh ingredients, and instead of tomato sauce they have sliced tomatoes. Much better in my opinion.

I don't remember eating pizza in any other country I have visited.

people talk trash about the pizza in italy, but its good because you can actually taste the freshness of the ingredients rather than the "cheese" or stuffing......fresh basil, fresh mozerella and topped with awesome proscuitto.

Pizza in joints like Pizza hut or Shakeys in other countries are the same.....
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject:

The Mushroom in Austin....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject:

I love PIzza in Northern Italy.... it's light and the aforementioned "freshness" is there.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Pizza Hut & Domino's
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
Pizza Hut & Domino's

Quick! Somebody ban this guy.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Hater, don't appreciate the greatness of Pizza Hut and Domino's
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:

If "a warm piece of cardboard with ketchup and cheeze whiz on it" is what I'm "hating" on, then CALL ME A HAY-TA, PLAYA!
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

If "a warm piece of cardboard with ketchup and cheeze whiz on it" is what I'm "hating" on, then CALL ME A HAY-TA, PLAYA!

But this looks so goooooddd

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1174/picpizzahut1gz8.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/823/pizzacokechikenwingslr9.gif
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Eeewww...wings from Domino's?

akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I hate Domino's. Pizza hut on the other hand
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject:

For variety and service - California Pizza Kitchen

For taste (at an exhorbitant cost) - Berri's

For best value (and longest lines) - Andre's

All on 3rd Street, between Fairfax and LaCienega.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject:

^Berri's is very good, not very convenient though.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: