New Mod - Congrats LJ!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
24 wrote:
Overtime wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
24 wrote:
If you would, tell us a bit about yourself LJ. I for one would like to know how you came to be such a rabid Laker fan.

Okay, let me give this a shot.

Hi, I go by the name of LakerJam and I’m a Laker addict.

How I came to reach the state of mind and body known as Laker fanaticism, started off as a gradual process and then one day - BOOM! It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks where I just couldn’t get enough and couldn’t escape it. I always enjoyed the showtime Lakers and have been loyal to my home town teams all my life, but I was younger during the Magic years, so sports were more of a, “oh they’re my team” and then on to other things.

Then the Lakers drafted this precocious young 17 yr. old named Kobe Bean Bryant, and I was mesmerized. He was so young yet so talented and watching him grow right before my eyes, with his unbelievable bravado and work ethic, started sucking me in. Curiosity turned into a need to see more and more and more and more. Everytime he’d have the ball at the top of the key, I’d stop cheering or yelling and notice that I was kind of holding my breath, “What is he going to do now?” More often than not, the answer to that question was, “OMG! How the heck...?” That hasn’t changed, but what has happened is that I became fixated on the game, itself, studying it’s nuances, noticing the subtleties of players and how they fit together, the things they can do, what amazing athletes these people are, and I started looking back to the history of it all, then paying attention to younger players in college and sometimes HS (nowadays). I was hooked. The more I learned, the more I paid attention, the more addicted I became.

As my job grew more and more stressful, I “needed” the Lakers that much more (I’m sure many of you can relate to that). In essence, the Lakers are my release. Basketball is where I go to get away from the stresses of my life. When we lose games, man, it really hurts. When we win, I feel like I’m flying. Then I found Lg.net and I was “home” in may respects, as I had found other lunatics that can’t go a day without talking Lakers ball, even in the off-season. What’s not to love, huh? I feel a kinship with my fellow lg.netters, and it’s a good thing.

So that’s the story of how I became an addict.

On a side note, if Dr. Buss trades Kobe, I’m going to be really ticked off.

status???

I don't know, but I'm guessing she won't be peeing in your shower any time soon...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by status, but I do try not to pee in people's showers if I can help it. I find that they don't like that... something about infections or something. I don't know, people are pretty uptight.

Anyway, as for my profession, I'm a paralegal specializing in trial litigation. It's not that it leaves me a whole lot of time per se, but rather I work in fits and starts. I'm fairly quick so each time I finish a particular project (or aspect of a project), I flip over to Lg.net to feed my addiction and see what's new, then I flip back to work. I probably do that too much, but that's what addicts do. So here I often am at Lg.netters anonymous.

I've got problems. Lol.

Thanks LJ! Good to know a bit more about you. I do the same thing at work: project, LG, project, LG, LG, LG, Maybe I can do that project later...

BTW, as you probably figured, Overtime was asking about your marital status. He used to be the poster known as Lakers999, and liked to post threads like "Do you pee in the shower?" (and worse) in the OT forum. That joke was for him, sorry if it was confusing or disgusting.

Anyway, glad you're among us!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject:

^That's funny, I do the same thing when I am at work. I finish one project, then I reward myself with a 10 minute LG break.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Thread should be locked IMO.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^That's funny, I do the same thing when I am at work. I finish one project, then I reward myself with a 10 minute LG break.

I used to do this, but forced myself to stop.

Would turn out that I'd be posting away in the Lounge - especially in the hot topics for about an hour and fall way behind at work. I would ussually end up leaving work 2 hours later or have to come in real early the next morning to catch up.

So now I have a no LG policy when I'm working. I will visit when I'm on Lunch/Dinner breaks. Other than that, I stay away. Which is bad in some ways - as you miss out on a lot of BREAKING NEWS or great threads. Just the other day, the AM 570 Kobe's traded nonsense or the Kobe locker story .. I missed out on both because I was working without logging onto LG.

BTW, I can't believe I didn't post a congrats to Jam. I was sure I did - went through this thread and realize I hadn't.

Congrats Jam .. You deserve it !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject:

Raptor2k wrote:
She hot?

Of course she is she's an avid Laker fan isn't she?

What I do know...

I have known for quite some time that she was a "she"... (based on her posts nothing more)... and I know she lives in my town (Sherman Oaks)... and I know I almost always agree with her on LG even though I can't say that she has always agreed with me (if that makes any sense at all) and I would add because I almost always agree she is very logical...

What I didn't really know until now is that she is probably as much of a Kobe fan as she is a Laker fan (based on her last post in this thread) and this also tells me that since either West or Magic are not what motivated her to be a Laker fan (neither were mentioned) she is likely a relatively "new" Laker fan compared to us old folks like myself who go back even past Magic and Kareem and even past Wilt to the early days of West and Baylor.

Well that's about the limit of my investigative powers...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: