ESPN Stein Chat: Kobe / Wizards talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject:

CoronaDelMarSeaKings wrote:
Arenas would actually love and enjoy being a Laker.

For the 1st time I'm actually excited about the possibility of moving Kobe. If we could get Gilbert I think we would be descent still, probably 7th or 8th in the WEst.

Wouldnt it be funny if after tradign Kobe they actually make moves to get JO or someone good ?? LOL
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yeah I agree with Sky + davidse. If the Lakers were offered Arenas, and Kobe was willing to be a Wizard - he'd be one already.

The thing stopping this would be Kobe.

No suprise. Kobe is a Laker for a reason. He has been trying to screw Lakers out of the best possible deal through dictating where he goes and on what terms. That is his right and he has that power in his contract with the no trade clause. Unlike with Shaq, the Lakers are actually willing to wait and go into the season with him like that. This is why I'm saying the game being played right now is between Kobe + LA. Not LA + other franchises.

I am actually now thinking to get Kobe to actually back his statement of willing to play on Pluto, how about actually playing him 25 mpg. Screw with his legacy and stats. He wants to screw with trades - not letting the Bulls offer Deng, not going to Washington - lets screw with his stats. That would be a great way to encourage him to take a deal wherever the Lakers want.

EXCELLENT idea. I'm afraid the Lakers will have to start finding creative ways to gain leverage on Kobe. Cutting his minutes, and messing with his precious stats/legacy could be a real option.

they have leverage.

Play
Farmar
JC
kobe
LO
AB
Play young. Kobe will hate that and he will be stuck for 2 years of it. remember Kobe opting out will relieve him of millions. Call Kobes bluff and develop our youth. The media will turn on Kobe in a second if they feel he is giving less than a 100

The lakers will get prince.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

I would love a package of Arenas, Blatche, and Nick young. You get a superstart and two very nice young prospects. But I doubt we get a package like that since Kobe probably doesn't want to go Washington (but if we do trade Kobe do your best to convince him to come Caron ).

I wouldn't mind a 3 way though between Washington and Chicago. Gilbert and Deng would be great but that probably wont happen.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject:

So Kobe would be playing along side another Vet. PG, another 6'10'' SF/PF combo, a soft big man, and a PF/C with a heart condition.

Why wouldn't he want to go!?
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

We want Gilbert!We want Gilbert!We want Gilbert!We want Gilbert!
We need signs made and waved at Games!!!

The lakers will get prince.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KobeDunk wrote:
Kobe wants to be the BEST PLAYER EVER! I never heard him wanting to be on the BEST TEAM EVER. Its all about him, cut his minutes, his stats and he will flip!

First of all, he has no control over being on the best team ever; however, being the best player ever? All him.

Second of all, he'd be the first to thank you for giving him an opportunity to rest his knees. Less wear and tear in L.A. means a longer, more fruitful career in Chicago.

Last edited by drzucchini on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
I would love a package of Arenas, Blatche, and Nick young. You get a superstart and two very nice young prospects. But I doubt we get a package like that since Kobe probably doesn't want to go Washington (but if we do trade Kobe do your best to convince him to come Caron ).

I wouldn't mind a 3 way though between Washington and Chicago. Gilbert and Deng would be great but that probably wont happen.

maybe hat CHicago package of Deng/Thomas and Gordon could go to Washington... Kobe to Chicago and Gilbert and Young to the Lakers!

Everyone wins, Kobe is happy and we get a home town Allstar in return!
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject:

Crazy Like Ron Artest wrote:
davidse wrote:
Crazy Like Ron Artest wrote:
rebirth wrote:
SKY over at CL says that Kobe does not want to go to Washington.

He's saying that because he believes Kobe can't win there.

You know Sky. No post defense = no rings.

He's probably right and he knows his stuff better than anyone else and he's the greatest Lakers poster ever but you know, I really doubt he knows what Kobe thinks.

No matter how much sense it makes, it's just a speculation on his part.

do you have any doubt that the lakers would gladly do kobe for arenas give or take a few assets ?
i don't.

do you have any doubt that the wizards who are at a huge risk of losing arenas for nothing next summer, would trade him for kobe give or take a few assets ?
i dont'.

so why isn't kobe a wizard already ?

simple - kobe doesn't agree to be traded there.

call that speculation if you want, but i call it common sense.
and someone with sky's connections is sure to know about the possible destinations kobe agrees to be traded to.
that sounds like very basic "inside info" to me, and we all know sky has access to that.

I agree. Trust me, I'm Sky's biggest fan and I love your posts too.
I agree with you guys 100 out of 100 times.

But I still take it as a speculation, know I mean?

It's common sense but not a fact. And the way I took it, it was a speculation on Sky's part, not the inside information coming from Sky.

I apologize if I'm wrong and Sky probably is right but I still take it as his take although a probable one.

again - i can only guess, but the list of destinations that kobe gave the lakers seems like very basic inside info imo, and i fully trust that sky knows that list - just like emplay does.

the common sense part just adds on top of that for me.

but trust me - i hope more than anything that YOU are right about this. that can really open up some possiblities for the lakers - including putting some pressure on the bulls - which i'm sure they're not feeling right now as his only possible suiter.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject:

If Kobe worships Jordan so much, why doesn't Kobe retire for two years, let the young guys on the Lakers develop, then he comes back rejuvenated and healthy with this team ready to compete.

Then he wins 3 championships in a row with a big, strong Bynum, developed JC and Farmar, and Turiaf.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JediRekal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject:

I would do Kobe, Lamar, Sasha(or maybe Farmar) and Vlad for Arenas, Jamison, Nick Young, and Blatche

PG: Fisher, Farmar, Crittenton
SG: Arenas, Nick Young,
SF: Jamison, Luke, Evans
PF: Ronny, Blatche, Cook
C: Bynum, Kwame, Mihm

PG: Daniels, Sasha, Roger Mason
SG: Kobe, DeShawn Stevenson
SF: Caron, Vlad, Dominic McGuire
PF: Lamar, Darius Songalia
C: Brendan Haywood, Oleksiy Pecherov

Lakers would have a ton of young talent and about $24 mil in cap space for summer of 08' shopping. We can also trade Cook near the deadline for an expiring K to give us closer to $28 mil in cap space. That's enoung for two FA's.... Imagine this lineup next year...

SG: Arenas, Nick Young, FA
SF: Marion or Artest or Maggette, Luke FA
PF: JO or Brand, Ronny, Blatche
C: Bynum, Mihm, FA
CoronaDelMarSeaKings
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yeah I agree with Sky + davidse. If the Lakers were offered Arenas, and Kobe was willing to be a Wizard - he'd be one already.

No suprise. Kobe is a Laker for a reason. He has been trying to screw Lakers out of the best possible deal through dictating where he goes and on what terms. That is his right and he has that power in his contract with the no trade clause. Unlike with Shaq, the Lakers are actually willing to wait and go into the season with him like that. This is why I'm saying the game being played right now is between Kobe + LA. Not LA + other franchises.

I am actually now thinking to get Kobe to actually back his statement of willing to play on Pluto, how about actually playing him 25 mpg. Screw with his legacy and stats. He wants to screw with trades - not letting the Bulls offer Deng, not going to Washington - lets screw with his stats. That would be a great way to encourage him to take a deal wherever the Lakers want.

EXCELLENT idea. I'm afraid the Lakers will have to start finding creative ways to gain leverage on Kobe. Cutting his minutes, and messing with his precious stats/legacy could be a real option.

they have leverage.

Play
Farmar
JC
kobe
LO
AB
Play young. Kobe will hate that and he will be stuck for 2 years of it. remember Kobe opting out will relieve him of millions. Call Kobes bluff and develop our youth. The media will turn on Kobe in a second if they feel he is giving less than a 100

Yup, nice call. An even better idea. Go young...all the way. Kobe will shoot somebody.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject:

Kobe, Brian Cook, Schlumpy Cook and Columbine Cook

For Gil, BLATCHE!! and picks.

Do it, Kobe!!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

JediRekal wrote:
I would do Kobe, Lamar, Sasha(or maybe Farmar) and Vlad for Arenas, Jamison, Nick Young, and Blatche

SG: Arenas, Nick Young,
SF: Jamison, Luke, Evans
PF: Ronny, Blatche, Cook
C: Bynum, Kwame, Mihm

PG: Daniels, Sasha, Roger Mason
SG: Kobe, DeShawn Stevenson
SF: Caron, Vlad, Dominic McGuire
PF: Lamar, Darius Songalia
C: Brendan Haywood, Oleksiy Pecherov

Lakers would have a ton of young talent and about $24 mil in cap space for summer of 08' shopping. We can also trade Cook near the deadline for an expiring K to give us closer to $28 mil in cap space. That's enoung for two FA's.... Imagine this lineup next year...

SG: Arenas, Nick Young, FA
SF: Marion or Artest or Maggette, Luke FA
PF: JO or Brand, Ronny, Blatche
C: Bynum, Mihm, FA

Agreed. Kobe + Odom for Arenas + Jamison is a good start. Since cap space seems to be a big concern with our future, and everyone was clamering for signing GA as an FA, this trade accomplishes both.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hi_ma wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

they have leverage.

Play
Farmar
JC
kobe
LO
AB

Yup, nice call. An even better idea. Go young...all the way. Kobe will shoot somebody.

well, if he shoots someone from the front office like mitch, jim or jerry - it's win win for us !
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

they have leverage.

Play
Farmar
JC
kobe
LO
AB

If it comes down to it, I'd go that route. There is no reason to hurt everyone on the team to appease kobe.
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject:

kobe, odom, mihm, mo, cook
for
arenas, jamison, blatche, young
CoronaDelMarSeaKings
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

they have leverage.

Play
Farmar
JC
kobe
LO
AB

well, if he shoots someone from the front office like mitch, jim or jerry - it's win win for us !

KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

they have leverage.

Play
Farmar
JC
kobe
LO
AB

I would love to see Phil yank kobe out of a game and then not start him the following game. Treat him like a punk
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
TACH wrote:
Kobi-wan-kenobi wrote:
For those who want Arenas... Answer me this:

Are we a better team with Arenas than Kobe?

If were not, than what makes you think we can build a contendor around Arenas if we couldnt build one around Kobe?

Why would we want Arenas instead of youth if were not gonna make the playoffs anyway?

Because Kobe wants out... it's a decent trade comapred to others that have been floated (no trade is going to be great), Gil is only 25 (which is fairly young), and has a great work ethic.

Nobody's replace Kobe's talent... it's just not going to happen... but if Kobe wants out, he wants out,... Lakers have to make the best deal for them...

Why would the Lakers want a trade that returns 0 All-Stars?
Gil is a three time All-Star.... and 3 time All-NBA... Plus how many in the Bulls and/or Mavs deal that has been float are All-Stars?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:

One thing I don't understand.. (granted I am not a superstar at anything) but why would Kobe want to move away from California weather and wealth.. I sure the hell would not want to live in DC and would probably stay the hell away from Chicago too.. too wet and windy etc..

KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
TACH wrote:
Kobi-wan-kenobi wrote:
For those who want Arenas... Answer me this:

Are we a better team with Arenas than Kobe?

If were not, than what makes you think we can build a contendor around Arenas if we couldnt build one around Kobe?

Why would we want Arenas instead of youth if were not gonna make the playoffs anyway?

Because Kobe wants out... it's a decent trade comapred to others that have been floated (no trade is going to be great), Gil is only 25 (which is fairly young), and has a great work ethic.

Nobody's replace Kobe's talent... it's just not going to happen... but if Kobe wants out, he wants out,... Lakers have to make the best deal for them...

Why would the Lakers want a trade that returns 0 All-Stars?
Gil is a three time All-Star.... and 3 time All-NBA... Plus how many in the Bulls and/or Mavs deal that has been float are All-Stars?

GIlbert is our best option at this point to stay competitive and also build for the future. DO IT MITCH! (If infact Kobe wants out so bad)
lalakers3224
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject:

No way, no how. And for the last time...Kobe is not going to pull a Vince Carter!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject:

lalakers3224 wrote:
No way, no how. And for the last time...Kobe is not going to pull a Vince Carter!

dude wants out! hes making it clear !
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject:

I wanna make sure I get Jamison in the package or else the package will not fit the goal of saving some cap-space.

send Odom to Wizards if need to be.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject:

another thought.. some of you haters think Kobe is a ballhog

How is Gilberts hand doing... what was the injury that kept him out of the playoffs?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: