ESPN Stein Chat: Kobe / Wizards talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject:

Maybe we can work out a 3-way...

LAL + CHI + WASH

Kobe goes to Chi

We get Gil and Blatche (and Sefolosha! )

Wash gets Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Cook, Sasha and whoever else Chi wants to include.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
I wanna make sure I get Jamison in the package or else the package will not fit the goal of saving some cap-space.

send Odom to Wizards if need to be.

I think Kobe would like to get away from Odom the player.. not the person.. How many times did Odom score 6 pts while Kobe was busting ass trying to win the game?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:

lalakers3224 wrote:
No way, no how. And for the last time...Kobe is not going to pull a Vince Carter!
Why is that.... I never thought I would see the day a coach calls him out for dogging it... on more than one occasion...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject:

Trey wrote:

I think Kobe would like to get away from Odom the player.. not the person.. How many times did Odom score 6 pts while Kobe was busting ass trying to win the game?

Kobe respects and loves Odom despite his inconsistent struggles, he didn't exactly say "Ship Odom out of LA" he wants to get away from Andrew Bynum which is a sad reality.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~110~2748~3002~996~558~829~974~385&teams=29~27~29~27~13~13~27~13~29&te=&cash=

This should do it...
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Trey wrote:

Kobe respects and loves Odom despite his inconsistent struggles, he didn't exactly say "Ship Odom out of LA" he wants to get away from Andrew Bynum which is a sad reality.

Bynum is a project that stands in the way of Kobe winning now.. I have a feeling he is going to be great someday... but not fast enough for Kobe to really mesh with..

Odom does do a lot of intangibles and he is willing to babysit when Kobe is sick of it
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:

LAL + CHI + WASH

Kobe goes to Chi

Wash gets Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Cook, Sasha and whoever else Chi wants to include.

At first I thought, why would Washington help Chicago land Kobe? But then I remembered Arenas is threatening to leave after the season, so why not get Gordon and Thomas?

Hmmmm........
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Trey wrote:

He loves and respects him because Odom is soft spoken and takes a back seat to Kobe without a word. Thus making it KOBES team.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~110~2748~3002~996~558~829~974~385&teams=29~27~29~27~13~13~27~13~29&te=&cash=

This should do it...

If Kobe goes you better bet your pees that Bynum will be hre for a very long time.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yeah I agree with Sky + davidse. If the Lakers were offered Arenas, and Kobe was willing to be a Wizard - he'd be one already.

The thing stopping this would be Kobe.

No suprise. Kobe is a Laker for a reason. He has been trying to screw Lakers out of the best possible deal through dictating where he goes and on what terms. That is his right and he has that power in his contract with the no trade clause. Unlike with Shaq, the Lakers are actually willing to wait and go into the season with him like that. This is why I'm saying the game being played right now is between Kobe + LA. Not LA + other franchises.

I am actually now thinking to get Kobe to actually back his statement of willing to play on Pluto, how about actually playing him 25 mpg. Screw with his legacy and stats. He wants to screw with trades - not letting the Bulls offer Deng, not going to Washington - lets screw with his stats. That would be a great way to encourage him to take a deal wherever the Lakers want.

And that would be a great way of completely destroying the chances of the Lakers signing any respectable FA for a very very very long time. Take a look at every player associated with Team USA and immediately cross them off any wish list you might have, then look at those guys' friends in the league and cross them off the list too.

Wow, wolf, I would have never pegged you for the vindictive scorned ex type.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
Bynum is a project that stands in the way of Kobe winning now.. I have a feeling he is going to be great someday... but not fast enough for Kobe to really mesh with..

Odom does do a lot of intangibles and he is willing to babysit when Kobe is sick of it

Big reason Kobe wants to get away from him + I just think their is personal problems with them especially since it was a Jim Buss selection. I don't think Kobe likes Jim Buss very much cause he knows who's been vetoing trades to get veteran help for Bynum.

We have to and I mean HAVE TO get Jamison out of this deal somehow so we can save cap-space money when his deal expires a 3-way trade needs to work out somehow someway.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
B_P wrote:

LAL + CHI + WASH

Kobe goes to Chi

At first I thought, why would Washington help Chicago land Kobe? But then I remembered Arenas is threatening to leave after the season, so why not get Gordon and Thomas?

Hmmmm........

YA exactly! I made the same point on a previous page in this thread.

I posted a trade of :

To Chicago : Kobe
To Washington : T.Thomas, Gordon, Cook
To Lakers : Gilbert, Young
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject:

id do it..Gil, Blatche and a 1st rounder for Kobe

I like Gil at the 2 though..

Farmar/Fisher/Sasha
Arenas/Evans/Critt
Odom/Walton/Vlad
Turiaf/Blatche/Cook
Bynum/Kwame/Mihm

I think LAL would rather have Gil then Deng cos hes a hometown guy and will put more butts in the seats..and I like his attitude and i like Blatche as well.

Next year we'd have 2 first rounders and the MLE
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:

Kobi-wan-kenobi wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
I rather have GIlbert than Deng (who we're not getting) or any other Chicago package or Dallas package!

Why? We are even worse with Arenas than Kobe... So we probably wont even make the playoffs.

If we trade Kobe, it HAS to be for youth and picks, because no matter who we get in exchange for Kobe, were not going to be contendors...

Everyone read this and let it sink in nice and good.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Trey wrote:

Big reason Kobe wants to get away from him + I just think their is personal problems with them especially since it was a Jim Buss selection. I don't think Kobe likes Jim Buss very much cause he knows who's been vetoing trades to get veteran help for Bynum.

We have to and I mean HAVE TO get Jamison out of this deal somehow so we can save cap-space money when his deal expires a 3-way trade needs to work out somehow someway.

I guess I just feel sad no matter what happens..
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
^My thing with Deng is he is talented, but is he better than LO? We would then have LO, Deng, and Walton at the 3. I don't want to see LO at the 4 again cause he will get hurt.

my thing is this. if we trade KB to the bulls for Deng and some. LO is going to be traded also. for the reason you mentioned. no reason to keep a tweener at PF that keeps getting hurt. and we can't play him at SF if deng is here. so he gets traded for more more help. but more balanced help. like LO+some for a real PF. Like JO right before the trade deadline.

LO for JO after we trade Kobe? First off, that deal is never happening. Secondly, what would be the point? If we trade Kobe we're NOT contending and to trade for JO at that point is stunted. Trade LO for a SG prospect, maybe a deal ending in 09, and a pick and that's even stretching it with the value he's currently at.

Last edited by Fan0Bynum17 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject:

ok - a more balanced deal:

kobe, odom, farmar, mihm, mo, 2nd
for
arenas, jamison, blatche, young, mason(filler), 1st
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject:

Getting Arenas puts the Lakers in the exact same situation they're in now.

Well, not exact since there would be a chance of going lotto with Gil.

Amazing that some would be so excited about getting him in the first place. All of the problems that people have with Kobe would be the same ones they'd have with Gil, except he's a worse shooter.

I guess as long as he does it with a smile on his face and laughs about it afterwards, that's enough for some people.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trey wrote:

I guess I just feel sad no matter what happens..

I feel you. trust me in no way am I excited about a Gilbert deal even if Jamison is involved but if this is our only option then you have to do the wise-thinking.

no trade excites me to tell you the truth but the reason I talk about it like I want it is because I wanna make sure we get the best deal possible.
DK
Star Player
Star Player

Is anybody else concerned about a potential Kobe and Gil swap? I mean, first of all, Gil is pretty undersized for a SG and doesnt' fit that well as a PG, esp. considering all the PGs we already have. His FG% is only 41. Also, his defense is pretty suspect. Opposing players had a 19 PER against him, way above the league average. Compare that to Kobe, who even last year in a pretty weak defensive effort held opposing players to 13, below the average.

www.82games.com
JediRekal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Kobi-wan-kenobi wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
I rather have GIlbert than Deng (who we're not getting) or any other Chicago package or Dallas package!

Why? We are even worse with Arenas than Kobe... So we probably wont even make the playoffs.

If we trade Kobe, it HAS to be for youth and picks, because no matter who we get in exchange for Kobe, were not going to be contendors...

If Mitch makes the right deal after Dec 15... Kobe, Lamar, Sasha(or maybe Farmar) and Vlad for Arenas, Jamison, Nick Young, and Blatche

We would have a ton of young talent and about $24 mil in cap space for summer of 08' shopping. We can also trade Cook near the deadline for an expiring K to give us closer to $28 mil in cap space. That's enough for two FA's.... Imagine this lineup next year...

Best Case
PG: Fisher, Farmar, Crittenton
SG: Arenas, Nick Young
SF: Marion, Luke
PF: Brand, Ronny, Blatche
C: Bynum, Mihm

Worst Case
PG: Fisher, Farmar, Crittenton
SG: Arenas, Nick Young
SF: Maggette, Luke
PF: JO, Ronny, Blatche
C: Bynum, Mihm

Plus our pick!!! Not contenders??? REALLY... looks like and instant rebuild/contender... only problem is Mitch.
freshprince
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject:

well if it is up to jeanie kobe aint going anywhere..is the wash deal good...yeah! but if kobe dont want to go to washington it is a mute point! that being said if he goes anywhere he is going to dallas..i am ready for a royal and navy kobe jersey...would rather him stay in purple and gold but i do not see that happening at this point...good job jimmy B! thanks for running the franchise into the ground for us!!!
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

davidse wrote:
ok - a more balanced deal:

kobe, odom, farmar, mihm, mo, 2nd
for
arenas, jamison, blatche, young, mason(filler), 1st

So you think Kobe's going to want to play in DC with almost the same team he has in LA?
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you have to think like the lakers.

you have arenas and the young guys - people will pay to watch that, and yes, i also think we can be a very good team.

you have deng and whoever, and you're just another blue color nba team - at least untill one of the young guys completely blows up - which will take some time if it ever happens.
it will be very hard to get exited about that team for a couple of years imo, and really hard to watch as laker fans who are used to having a special player on their team.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
you have to think like the lakers.

you have arenas and the young guys - people will pay to watch that, and yes, i also think we can be a very good team.

you have deng and whoever, and you're just another blue color nba team - at least untill one of the young guys completely blows up - which will take some time if it ever happens.
it will be very hard to get exited about that team for a couple of years imo, and really hard to watch as laker fans who are used to having a special player on their team.

Think like the Lakers?

I'd have to sustain multiple concussions and spend the next week dining on lead paint chip sandwiches to sink to that level.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: