Why can't we be blessed with a non-public cancer like Garnett instead of a Fathead Bean
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonicelectronix
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Why can't we be blessed with a non-public cancer like Garnett instead of a Fathead Bean

Quote from Barkley:

"That's the one thing I respect most about Kevin Garnett. Even though he played on terrible teams, there is not a player in the last 10 years who played harder than Kevin Garnett. And that's the one thing that disappoints me. Phil said that Kobe's just going through the motions. ... And if your coach tells you you're just going through the motions, that's pretty much the end of the straw."

Amen brother...amen.

I loved Kobe...had all his jerseys, sided him vs. Kate Faber... Sided with him vs. Shaq.

But he is a (bleep). If he worked for me, he would have been fired (or traded for of course in BBall world).

Matter of fact, if he goes with his "non-shooting" homo mode then I would simply bench him. He is a big childish baby. If he never threw Bynum under the bus (on video none-the-less)... and didn't go public on big mouth Stephen A. Smith's show, none of this would have happened. He could have just did it all behind the scenes like Garnett, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

What a punk. I can't believe honest people actually are still jocking him.

Anyone else notice how nicely the TEAM played and moved the ball against Sac? Sure, they'll get their butts handed to them by others, but at least it was NORMAL basketball. I played ball my whole life and I now can only be sad and say the Bean is quite possibly the biggest cancer I have ever seen.

Why can't he lead guys like he was led when he got into the league by Byron, B Shaw and others? You think he would have learned from losing Shaq, but nope.

Last edited by sonicelectronix on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject:

How much can we take this?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject:

So you are REALLY asking why we got "blessed" with a guy who can score 81 points in a game and did so in a Lakers uniform after helping to win 3 Championships instead of a guy who hasn't done (bleep)?
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Why can't we be blessed with a non-public cancer like Garnett instead of a Fathead Bean

sonicelectronix wrote:
I played ball my whole life and I now can only be sad and say the Bean is quite possibly the biggest cancer I have ever seen.

Bigger than TO? I think it's a toss up between the two. can go either way on that one.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Garnett missed the playoffs 3 straight years
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
So you are REALLY asking why we got "blessed" with a guy who can score 81 points in a game

it's one game man. It's ONE game.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Why can't we be blessed with a non-public cancer like Garnett instead of a Fathead Bean

AndrewBynum17 wrote:
sonicelectronix wrote:
I played ball my whole life and I now can only be sad and say the Bean is quite possibly the biggest cancer I have ever seen.

Bigger than TO? I think it's a toss up between the two. can go either way on that one.

I wouldn't compare him to a TO, he's actually doing good in Dallas, I would compare him to a Randy Moss, see what happen when he didn't like playing in Oakland, he just gave up. Now he's on a winning team, and he's all smiles.
vtar43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject:

go back to Seatle
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject:

AndrewBynum17 wrote:

Are you gonna have every reason to discredit Kobe?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject:

kobe should die and his corpse be fouled upon.
vtar43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject:

he is a hater
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Why can't we be blessed with a non-public cancer like Garnett instead of a Fathead Bean

lakers2626 wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
sonicelectronix wrote:

I wouldn't compare him to a TO, he's actually doing good in Dallas, I would compare him to a Randy Moss, see what happen when he didn't like playing in Oakland, he just gave up. Now he's on a winning team, and he's all smiles.

Worse than Moss.
Moss never publicly trashed his teammates. Moss wasn't happy because the team was losing. Kobe wasn't even happy during the three peat. Kobe publicly calls out teammates, that makes Kobe like TO. Kobe also doesn't just want to win, he's like TO in that he will get upset if the ball is not in his hands and he is not scoring, no matter if the team is winning or not.

Last edited by AndrewBynum17 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject:

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. How can you criticize Kobe or Buss when you don't know the whole story?

I'm waiting till this whole trade Kobe thing is over to chime in.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject:

AndrewBynum17 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
So you are REALLY asking why we got "blessed" with a guy who can score 81 points in a game

LMFAO.

Yeah . . . one game . . . in DECADES of NBA history . . . WTF, you can't be for real.

"One game"! Yeah, and Wilt's was only "one game"!

Were the 40ppg streaks "one game". The over 50 points games "one game"?

The 3 pointers in one game streaks? Were they "one game"?

The almost single-handed domination of the spurs in a series "one game"?

Dude . . . don't embarass yourself anymore.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:

What a bunch of Losers...
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

wheres the guy with the avator of a hand going towards the new topic button and then a cat biting the hand when you need him
sonicelectronix
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: yea you're sooo right about Garnett missing playoffs. Idiot.

You obviously do NOT realize TEAM ball do you? Garnett was still a leader to his last days... Do you not see what this is doing to chemistry?

Garnett's team the last 3 years sucked...yea, even WORSE than the Lakers over those years. Additionally, he lost Cassell and Spreewell... Last I checked making it into the first round doesn't give you anything either compared to missing. Just my 2 cents.

Oh and you forgot to mention Kobe had Shaq, B Shaw, Ron Harper, D Fish, Fox (when he could still play), Horry and a helluva lot of other players that were VETERAN leaders so his cancerous butt couldn't do much. Plus that was a LONG time ago before his ego led to terminal cancer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:

That 81point game was amazing, but yes it was one game. What did it really mean team wise? Nothing that we already didn't know, Kobe can score, and he can score from anywhere when he's on. It probably meant more to Kobe's legacy then it did to the overall picture of the Lakers. If ou really look at that game, the only thing that mattered was not the 81ponts, but it was 1 win out of a 82 game season.
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

LMFAO.

Yeah . . . one game . . . in DECADES of NBA history . . . WTF, you can't be for real.

"One game"! Yeah, and Wilt's was only "one game"!

Were the 40ppg streaks "one game". The over 50 points games "one game"?

The 3 pointers in one game streaks? Were they "one game"?

The almost single-handed domination of the spurs in a series "one game"?

Dude . . . don't embarass yourself anymore.

OK you gave me a few games like that, none of you are able to respond to 46 games under 40% shooting, in just the Last two seasons alone, out of 157, which sucks.

46/159 = about 29% of the games he plays in he shoots under 40%. It all cancels out with his great games, because he stinks it up just as much as he lights it up.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Why can't we be blessed with a non-public cancer like Garnett instead of a Fathead Bean

sonicelectronix wrote:
Quote from Barkley:

"That's the one thing I respect most about Kevin Garnett. Even though he played on terrible teams, there is not a player in the last 10 years who played harder than Kevin Garnett. And that's the one thing that disappoints me. Phil said that Kobe's just going through the motions. ... And if your coach tells you you're just going through the motions, that's pretty much the end of the straw."

Amen brother...amen.

I loved Kobe...had all his jerseys, sided him vs. Kate Faber... Sided with him vs. Shaq.

But he is a (bleep). If he worked for me, he would have been fired (or traded for of course in BBall world).

Matter of fact, if he goes with his "non-shooting" homo mode then I would simply bench him. He is a big childish baby. If he never threw Bynum under the bus (on video none-the-less)... and didn't go public on big mouth Stephen A. Smith's show, none of this would have happened. He could have just did it all behind the scenes like Garnett, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

What a punk. I can't believe honest people actually are still jocking him.

Anyone else notice how nicely the TEAM played and moved the ball against Sac? Sure, they'll get their butts handed to them by others, but at least it was NORMAL basketball. I played ball my whole life and I now can only be sad and say the Bean is quite possibly the biggest cancer I have ever seen.

Why can't he lead guys like he was led when he got into the league by Byron, B Shaw and others? You think he would have learned from losing Shaq, but nope.

Uhh because you can't lead scrubs that don't want to be led and that don't have the talent to be led anywhere. Kobe has already co-led teams to three staright championships.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather have a guy who's not OK with losing. (but I wish he could've handled it a bit better)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:

That 81point game was amazing, but yes it was one game. What did it really mean team wise?

Can you post a link to those banners that KG helped his "team" to win? Because I totally missed those and would love to see them. Last time I saw KG do anything remotely decent in the Playoffs I could swear it was LOSING to the Lakers with Kobe Bryant on the squad.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I respect opinions thats whats makes the board a interesting sensation but guys like AndrewBynum17 are not worthy since he joined on October 27 almost every post has been about how Kobe is nothing but a pig and his total motivation to overtake every good thing people say about Kobe...
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Why can't we be blessed with a non-public cancer like Garnett instead of a Fathead Bean

AndrewBynum17 wrote:
lakers2626 wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
sonicelectronix wrote:

Worse than Moss.
Moss never publicly trashed his teammates. Moss wasn't happy because the team was losing. Kobe wasn't even happy during the three peat. Kobe publicly calls out teammates, that makes Kobe like TO. Kobe also doesn't just want to win, he's like TO in that he will get upset if the ball is not in his hands and he is not scoring, no matter if the team is winning or not.

And neither has Kobe........
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
Downunder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
How much can we take this?

More and more haters popping up everywhere calling Kobe a whining baby...yet are doing the same thing on an internet forum

Oh the irony!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: