Who would you start at PF instead of Grant?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you do with Grant?
Trade Grant
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Cut Grant
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Start Grant
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Bench Grant
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

lkrsdudugold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Who would you start at PF instead of Grant?

Odom, Brown, Turiaf? The options are limitless. I think George at SF and Odom at PF would do us better than Odom at SF and Grant at PF. I think maybe the real question is what would you do with Grant?

If we do keep him I'm hoping he has his best above average year ever. Maybe start him and give him 20 min if that's the case. Also if Brown flops Grant's got to have a great year. I'd rather trade him up front but if this thing drags on you want him doing his best and starting with limited minutes(unless Brown blows up) so he becomes the most attractive little dreadlocked trade bait ever. Rather trade him. Rather see Brown or Turiaf show up. But if not he could help us develop for another year and trade him next offseason. Trading him's still the whole point though. And getting the best we can get for him. Management might just want to keep til his contract runs out in 07 so we could just be stuck with him.

Last edited by lkrsdudugold on Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Odom, Brown, Turiaf? The options are limitless.

Now that's a conundrum.
LakerManiac7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Just trade him for God sakes.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject:

he will be a valubale bench player for us and will be even more valuable next year when we trade his expiring contract.
Pjax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject:

still better than kwame
lkrsdudugold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Who could you seriously get for Grant in a trade. Wouldn't the capspace in 07 be worth more to us than that trade since 1)we might not do much better than Grant in a trade 2)"the plan" is to make an "impact" in the 07 offseason the way all our contracts are going. Keeping him til 07 might be the smart thing to do. Trading him in 06 might be tempting if 1)he does nothing for us this year or 2)he really performs this year. Bottom Line: I think Grant will be on the bench a lot till his contract expires and we can land an All-Star at either 1 or 4/5. You want something more for our offseason this year than to come back with Grant but if we want to do it in 07 big then we hold on to him. It just doesn't make sense anymore!
LA_NATIVE
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Who could you seriously get for Grant in a trade. Wouldn't the capspace in 07 be worth more to us than that trade since 1)we might not do much better than Grant in a trade 2)"the plan" is to make an "impact" in the 07 offseason the way all our contracts are going. Keeping him til 07 might be the smart thing to do. Trading him in 06 might be tempting if 1)he does nothing for us this year or 2)he really performs this year. Bottom Line: I think Grant will be on the bench a lot till his contract expires and we can land an All-Star at either 1 or 4/5. You want something more for our offseason this year than to come back with Grant but if we want to do it in 07 big then we hold on to him. It just doesn't make sense anymore!

RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Keep him for now...

... and up through camp, while assessing the progress of brown, and the existing depth at the position. If it looks like the Lakers don't need him go ahead and cut him loose then.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: