Why Kobe might agree to a Deng trade

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Why Kobe might agree to a Deng trade

Why wouldn't Kobe be amenable to a trade involving Deng?

I purpose the Lakers would be willing to settle for Deng + Gordon or Safo + Thomas or Noah + 2 first round picks if one of either Gordon or Thomas were excluded in the package. The Lakers would stipulate that if Safo is the player included then Thomas would have to be in the package. If Noah is the player included then Gordon would have to be in the package. And that one of those two players would have to be included and if either Gordon or Thomas were not in the package then 1st round picks would have to be included. Of course to make salaries work PJ Brown would be signed included as well.

What would this leave the Bulls with:
A core roster of Kobe + Hinrich + Wallace + Nocioni + Duhon + either Gordon or Safo + either Thomas or Noah.

The Lakers would prefer Deng + Gordon + Thomas most likely.

It is my guess the Bulls would elect to go with (if given the choice) giving up: Deng + Gordon + Noah + 2 first round picks. (Bulls do not need Gordon with Kobe).

If I were the Lakers I would do my very best to get the Bulls to include Thomas as opposed to Noah + 2 picks but to get the deal done and end this circus I think this would ultimately agree to the trade.

This would leave the Bulls with a starting 5 of Thomas, Nocioni, Wallace, Kobe and Hinrich.

Anyone disagree that the Bulls team would a clear cut contender?

If you don't think so then let me ask you this....

How would the Laker team as it currently is do in the East?

Top 5 right?

On a scale of 10 compare the starting team the Laker currently have to the starting team the Bulls would have if the trade were made:

PF Turiaf (5.5) / Thomas (6.5) - Bulls +1
SF Odom (9) / Nocioni (6) - Lakers +3
C Brown (5.5) / Wallace (8) - Bulls +2.5
SG Kobe (10) / Kobe (10) - Even 0
PG Fish (5) / Hinrich (8) - Bulls +3

Total Bulls +3.5

I realize this is totally subjective, however I did rank Odom a "9" thus advantage to Lakers and I think the rankings are reasonable considering how they compare at their respective positions in their conference thus I don't feel that I scewed the scores in favor of my point at all, imho.

So if the Lakers as they are now (above team) would be a top 5 or better in the East, of course you might argue that as well, but if they are minimally 7-8 in the West and I believe maybe higher then a top 5 or better in the East does not seem unreasonable)...

It this is true or reasonably close to true then wouldn't the Bulls team with that trade be significantly better than a top 5 team in the East thus would clearly contend?

Maybe I'm way off like some say.... If so tell me where I have ranked the player comparisons wrong?

It would appear to me the Bulls would be contenders.

You might ask from the Bulls perspective is the trade worth it compared to staying with the team they have.

Looking at the team they now have compared to the team they would have trading for Kobe.

PF Thomas (6.5) / Thomas (6.5) - Even
SF Deng (8.5) / Nocioni (6) - Bull -2.5
C Wallace (8) / Wallace (8) - Even
SG Gordon (6.5) / Kobe (10) - Bulls +3.5
PG Hinrich (8) / Hinrich (8) - Even

Bulls +1

Clearly a close call which could be why the Bulls are hesitant to pull the trigger but if they understand that they need that extra push that a super-star will give them to get over the hump to seriously contend then the trade still makes sense.

Conclusion if Kobe really wants out he should be able to contend and from the Bulls perspective they should improve as a result of the trade as compared to the team they currently have.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Kobi-wan-kenobi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject:

For the love of God stop... Please.

Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Kobe might agree to a Deng trade

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Conclusion if Kobe really wants out

I don't think he wants out that badly.
st3vo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Kobe might agree to a Deng trade

Tony Almeida wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

youre right. it was a weenie way of asking for the front office to help out his situation.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Kobe might agree to a Deng trade

Tony Almeida wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

according to AndrewBynum17, CoronaDelMar, and hi_ma he does
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Kobe might agree to a Deng trade

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
On a scale of 10 compare the starting team the Laker currently have to the starting team the Bulls would have if the trade were made:

Total Bulls +3.5

Wow.

This may quite possibly be the most scientific form of NBA analysis that I've read on LG--nay, anywhere. The only thing that I don't understand is how ESPN hasn't dumped Hollinger's system for this one. It's such a crime that I am going to personally contact them to let them know that their incredible oversight will not be forgiven by me nor any self-respecting NBA fan.
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Kobe might agree to a Deng trade

drzucchini wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

Total Bulls +3.5

Wow.

This may quite possibly be the most scientific form of NBA analysis that I've read on LG--nay, anywhere. The only thing that I don't understand is how ESPN hasn't dumped Hollinger's system for this one. It's such a crime that I am going to personally contact them to let them know that their incredible oversight will not be forgiven by me nor any self-respecting NBA fan.

No need to flame the guy. Where did he ever say it needed to be the official formula for the NBA? I think you owe him an apology, it's reasons like this that people are scared to offer their own personal insight.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Kobe might agree to a Deng trade

REPPIN 818 wrote:
No need to flame the guy. Where did he ever say it needed to be the official formula for the NBA? I think you owe him an apology, it's reasons like this that people are scared to offer their own personal insight.

Clearly he thinks the formula--and I use that term very, very loosely--is good enough to effectively analyze players and trades.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject:

good post man!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: