DOUG CHRISTE WANTS TO BE OUT WEST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should We Make a Move for Christie?
yes
29%
 29%  [ 25 ]
no
67%
 67%  [ 57 ]
not if we have to to give up Jones/Walton/Slava or Vlade
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 85

reincarnatingDaBulls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: DOUG CHRISTE WANTS TO BE OUT WEST

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sptmagic17071705jul17,0,1722273.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

very interesting article.

Christie seems adamant about leaving Orlando. We need to get him. Christie immediately makes our squad longer and better defensively. If the Magic don't waive him, Slava/jumaine/Vlade/luke can all serve as trade bait.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject:

Have you seen Christie play in the last year or two. He has lost more than a step and he's quite injury prone now.
AquaTeenHungerForce
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject:

I don't think his warden er I mean wife would allow him to be on the same team as KB. I don't want that p-whipped punk or his crazy wife affiliated(sp) w/ the Lakers in any way.

Besides, I don't want that clown on the Lakers given all the history b/w us and the Queens.
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:

His defense is nowhere near what it used to be and he's VERY injury prone.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject:

Let him play for the Sparks. No way I want that (bleep) on the Lakers.
edcherntw
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:

Even though he might fit here. I wouldn't do it unless we have no other decent options. He'll probably go back to Sac-town tho ...
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject:

Easy on the freaken caps. Anyways the majority of us don't even care. Christie sucks. Why would anyone even want him?
solarbeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject:

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

(though maybe his wife can be that "doberman" point guard we've been looking for)

Last edited by solarbeat on Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Sigmund
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject:

To old at 35, plus do you want to watch him do that pathetic signal to his psycho wife all year?

Pass.

Also Doug has an expiring contract, Orlando won't give that up.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject:

Apparently we want him to stay OUT EAST.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject:

no queens on our roster.

what are you people thinking. Its bad enough we have Vlade.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject:

^^ Like Vlade, Christie already played for the Lakers. We don't want him back.
kixter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject:

no way the Lakers should take Doug... he is too old and has lost a step or 5 steps already... and we have George doing what he does already...
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject:

if you want him, its bye bye laker girls.. no way his wife will allow them in the building!
nextphenom23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject:

I think we would have too many players on our team, I mean we do have to offer his wife a contract also.

The Spurs will never live up to the dynasty we created
SedaleThreatt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject:

how does 34% say yes. dont u hate this guy. where is the loyalty as fans.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject:

No!
RavishingRuWooba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I don't HATE anyone just because they played for another team. That's high school thinking.

As Rick Fox said, Doug Christie was the BETTER MAN. He came up to Rick Fox and extended his hand and said let bygones be bygones.

My cousins are from Sacto and are Kings fans, does that mean I suddenly HATE them? Of course not.

Teams are teams. Karl Malone's a Laker, now he's a Laker in my mind, I root for him. Greg Foster? Same thing. It doesn't mean that Greg Foster goes around trying to literally slash everyone's throats in the Lakers locker room. This isn't WWE, and we don't need to pretend that it is.

These guys are all human beings.

Have you ever transferred schools? I have, a lot. Guess what, the names change, but the friends don't. Meaning, you put Doug Christie, Greg Foster, Karl Malone on the Lakers, and they'll make new friends. You can look at is as US vs. THEM, until you actually get to meet THEM and see that guess what they're really just human like you.

See the UFC reality show on Spike TV? Remember Chris Leben? So polarizing hah...remember how Kenny Florian HATED his guts because he saw him from afar and made BLANKET assumptions on him? Guess what happened though, he was forced to change teams, and lo and behold, he got to know Leben as a person, as a HUMAN BEING, and suddenly he realizes hey, he's actually not so bad, hey, he's actually just a human being like me. Gee, imagine that.

We fans get too caught up in so and so plays for so and so team, so and so punk said so and so in the media, so and so, yada, yada, yada.

The fact is that when Kobe was at his lowest point in REAL LIFE...and in case you did not know, basketball does NOT consitute REAL LIFE problems, yes, it's still JUST A GAME for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY...guess who had Kobe's back? Yup, several dreaded KINGS players.

Yup, they called him and left messages of support.

Only thing is, it's not really that much of a surprise if you think about it logically. We fans buy into the MEDIA DRIVEN hype. The reality is that for these NBA players, they don't have to live by the hype. If they are decent human beings, and they think Kobe is too; they're going to call him and offer they're support in a REAL time of need...and yes, facing life in prison does constitute a "real" time of need, NOT basketball.

See, that's the difference, the dividing line we fans are not privvy too. All we see is the hyped up, media driven world that WANTS to get us thinking all WWE, pro wrestling, it's WE vs. YOU style...but the reality is, that behind closed doors these guys are all just humans. The players live two lives, one in the media. And then there's real life. In real life, Doug Christie is not hiring a hit man to go and kill Rick Fox... In real life, Reggie Miller is not sneaking a rattle snake into Kobe Bryant's car.

Get it? What happens on a basketball court is heat of the moment, it's a game. Games die down, then real life happens, and then you know who's "real" and who's not.

As far as I'm concerned, Doug Christie is a good person who is faithful to his wife which to my mind is a lot more than you can say about a lot of other NBA players. Making fun of him is one thing, I do too; but taking it one step further and encouraging hate is another.

I don't "hate" any NBA player, including Shaq. I have to actually KNOW a person in real life for me to make that kind of judgement. It's only fair, not WWE.

I remember Chris Webber once saying that Doug Christie was one of the best persons he's ever known...but I guess that doesn't count because Chris Webber is a punk, only my old Spanish professor who actually knows Chris Webber and used to tutor him wouldn't agree with you.

But then again, what would he know? He's only basing his opinion on someone he actually knows in real life, as opposed to in the media.

Yup, and we all know that the Kobe Bryant represented in the media is the same real life Kobe Bryant the punk you're going to get to know in person right, Mr. Caron Butler? Remember, what Butler said? He said that he heard lots of things about Kobe, but when he actually MET HIM he found that he's actually a nice guy.

Gee, imagine that. Actually meeting someone before condemning someone.

In my opinion, Christie if he's healthy can help us. I don't make personell decisions based on oh he played for so and so, oh, he's a p#@#%$y, oh, his wife got him by the balls, etc. That's high school thinking. I'd like to thinking, that's a mob mentality, that's how gangs get into trouble...because they never evolve enough, refuse to be open minded enough, to actually open themselves up to seeing one another for the first time as human beings with clean slates rather than sworn enemies from birth.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I guess Mr. Jackie Christie doesn't like the east coast.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:

bambam wrote:

no queens on our roster.

what are you people thinking. Its bad enough we have Vlade.

well said
Kobelicious
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject:

ive said it before and ill say it again f*ck doug christie
solarbeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject:

RavishingRuWooba wrote:
I don't HATE anyone just because they played for another team. That's high school thinking.

As Rick Fox said, Doug Christie was the BETTER MAN. He came up to Rick Fox and extended his hand and said let bygones be bygones.

My cousins are from Sacto and are Kings fans, does that mean I suddenly HATE them? Of course not.

Teams are teams. Karl Malone's a Laker, now he's a Laker in my mind, I root for him. Greg Foster? Same thing. It doesn't mean that Greg Foster goes around trying to literally slash everyone's throats in the Lakers locker room. This isn't WWE, and we don't need to pretend that it is.

Have you ever transferred schools? I have, a lot. Guess what, the names change, but the friends don't. Meaning, you put Doug Christie, Greg Foster, Karl Malone on the Lakers, and they'll make new friends. You can look at is as US vs. THEM, until you actually get to meet THEM and see that guess what they're really just human like you.

See the UFC reality show on Spike TV? Remember Chris Leben? So polarizing hah...remember how Kenny Florian HATED his guts because he saw him from afar and made BLANKET assumptions on him? Guess what happened though, he was forced to change teams, and lo and behold, he got to know Leben as a person, as a HUMAN BEING, and suddenly he realizes hey, he's actually not so bad, hey, he's actually just a human being like me. Gee, imagine that.

We fans get too caught up in so and so plays for so and so team, so and so punk said so and so in the media, so and so, yada, yada, yada.

The fact is that when Kobe was at his lowest point in REAL LIFE...and in case you did not know, basketball does NOT consitute REAL LIFE problems, yes, it's still JUST A GAME for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY...guess who had Kobe's back? Yup, several dreaded KINGS players.

Only thing is, it's not really that much of a surprise if you think about it logically. We fans buy into the MEDIA DRIVEN hype. The reality is that for these NBA players, they don't have to live by the hype. If they are decent human beings, and they think Kobe is too; they're going to call him and offer they're support in a REAL time of need...and yes, facing life in prison does constitute a "real" time of need, NOT basketball.

See, that's the difference, the dividing line we fans are not privvy too. All we see is the hyped up, media driven world that WANTS to get us thinking all WWE, pro wrestling, it's WE vs. YOU style...but the reality is, that behind closed doors these guys are all just humans. The players live two lives, one in the media. And then there's real life. In real life, Doug Christie is not hiring a hit man to go and kill Rick Fox... In real life, Reggie Miller is not sneaking a rattle snake into Kobe Bryant's car.

Get it? What happens on a basketball court is heat of the moment, it's a game. Games die down, then real life happens, and then you know who's "real" and who's not.

As far as I'm concerned, Doug Christie is a good person who is faithful to his wife which to my mind is a lot more than you can say about a lot of other NBA players. Making fun of him is one thing, I do too; but taking it one step further and encouraging hate is another.

I don't "hate" any NBA player, including Shaq. I have to actually KNOW a person in real life for me to make that kind of judgement. It's only fair, not WWE.

I remember Chris Webber once saying that Doug Christie was one of the best persons he's ever known...but I guess that doesn't count because Chris Webber is a punk, only my old Spanish professor who actually knows Chris Webber and used to tutor him wouldn't agree with you.

But then again, what would he know? He's only basing his opinion on someone he actually knows in real life, as opposed to in the media.

Yup, and we all know that the Kobe Bryant represented in the media is the same real life Kobe Bryant the punk you're going to get to know in person right, Mr. Caron Butler? Remember, what Butler said? He said that he heard lots of things about Kobe, but when he actually MET HIM he found that he's actually a nice guy.

In my opinion, Christie if he's healthy can help us. I don't make personell decisions based on oh he played for so and so, oh, he's a p#@#%$y, oh, his wife got him by the balls, etc. That's high school thinking. I'd like to thinking, that's a mob mentality, that's how gangs get into trouble...because they never evolve enough, refuse to be open minded enough, to actually open themselves up to seeing one another for the first time as human beings with clean slates rather than sworn enemies from birth.

So uh, feel strongly about this?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject:

he's old and can't defend like he used to. for what reason would we want him?
Number_42
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject:

RavishingRuWooba wrote:
Clipped short to save kleenexes.

Oh the humanity!

Christie is fast fading as a basketball player. Furthermore, he is less of a man than a Ken doll and the thought of him with the lakers makes me ill.

PASS!!
D.B. Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject:

RavishingRuWooba wrote:

Oh my God
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: