** Official: LAKERS @ SPURS Tuesday 11/13/07 **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Spurs are favored by 8 points. What will happen?
Spurs win by 9 or more.
21%
 21%  [ 15 ]
Spurs win by 8 or less.
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Lakers win.
69%
 69%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 71

NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
Nobodies free from blame, except for Kobe it seems. Just plain pathetic IMO, he didn't play well as pretty much no1 did but Andrew. Lamar had to many TOs, but didn't get the ball nearly enough especially in the post. Ronny was terrible, as was Luke, Fish, Kwame, Mihm, Mo, etc

Everyone wants to give Kobe a free pass, which is garbage. He didn't play well, especially defensively letting Bowen torch him.

Do you really think we're that dense? That we can't read and comprehend?

You want to call out people for giving Kobe a free pass.

Oh, hmm, erm, err, let's see here, "LO had too many TOs BUT...."

Brilliant.

Lamar didn't have any TOs in the 2nd half, and he went 6-9 from the floor. Why not give him more touches, in the 2nd half whenever he touched it...good things happend.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Nbafan07, quick question. Have you ever played basketball in a team structure? You sound like you haven't.

Perfect music.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Key's to the loss:

Turnovers - Lakers 19, Spurs 11
3pters - Lakers 2/16, Spurs 13/27
Bowen/Bonner = 40 points

If we would have 1) Played conservatively with our passes (lowered TOs) and 2)let Parker score at will and just stayed home on the shooters, we could have easily won this game IMO. We effectively stop Duncan yet still lose - terrible.

I blame this loss on LO and Vlad for their perimeter D, Kwame for contributing nothing, and Phil for not making adjustments in the 1st half when we were committing all those TOs.

So Kobe and DFish get a pass for their man torching them right? Their backcourt outplayed ours, by a mile. That's the reason we lost.....

You have to give up certain things in every defensive scheme. The majority of Bowen's points came when Kobe wasn't on him - either Kobe was out of the game (see the 4th quarter where he had 9 of his 23 points not against Kobe) and when Bowen/Ginobli were both in the game and Kobe guarded Manu. The perimeter shots had much more to do with LO/Vlad sagging off of Bonner, Finley, and Bowen.

As far as Fish, you can't stop TP. If we simply would have sagged off TP, let him shoot as many jumpers as he wanted, but didn't help from the perimeter, it would have been fine.

Fisher nor Kobe get passess (it's a loss, nobody gets a pass), but my point was those three factors I pointed out, if negated, would have earned us a victory. As I said "KEYS" to our loss... meaning the most important reasons. Those reasons (TOs and sagging off the perimeter to help on TP) I see as bigger reasons than anything Kobe or Fish did.

For most of the game Kobe was on Bowen. Which allowed him to sag off to help on Duncan. Which led to those impressive blocks and steals earlier on. LO was on Finley and then Manu who came in for Finley. When Bonner went off it was the combo of Luke/Vlad off the bench that were collapsing too much into the paint.

The early TO's from LO/Fish/Ronny killed our runs during that 1st half. We had no flow in the game at all and the substitution patterns had to be mixed up, but Phil stuck to his rotations all game.
allstar7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
ANother MVP season by Kobe Bryant being flushed down the drain by scrubs. Management has done such a wonderful job assembling this team!

Since this is a scrub team, Kobe should accept the trade proposal to get to the Bulls or open up his list of teams he would deem acceptable so he can get out of this hell hole scrub team. It seems that some Kobe diehard fans are the biggest haters against just about everyone at some point.
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject:

CorkyTomjanovich wrote:
Kobe was playing a lot of help defense and was getting switched a ton. If you think Kobe is the main reason Bowen got 23 you need to watch the game again.

Had that been anyone else's man, they would be getting bashed left and right here. Fact is, it was Kobe's man.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
Everyone check this out, Kobe -23.

box score

The key there was Kwame Brown who was a -17 in the 15 minutes he played... to only play 15 minutes and have your team go down by more than 1 point for every minute you play, that's impressive.

Bingo. This stretch killed them. Kwame was ineffective on both ends. They were literally 4 on 5 out there.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

NBAFan07 wrote:
CorkyTomjanovich wrote:
Kobe was playing a lot of help defense and was getting switched a ton. If you think Kobe is the main reason Bowen got 23 you need to watch the game again.

Had that been anyone else's man, they would be getting bashed left and right here. Fact is, it was Kobe's man.

Quote:

You have to give up certain things in every defensive scheme. The majority of Bowen's points came when Kobe wasn't on him - either Kobe was out of the game (see the 4th quarter where he had 9 of his 23 points not against Kobe) and when Bowen/Ginobli were both in the game and Kobe guarded Manu. The perimeter shots had much more to do with LO/Vlad sagging off of Bonner, Finley, and Bowen.

As far as Fish, you can't stop TP. If we simply would have sagged off TP, let him shoot as many jumpers as he wanted, but didn't help from the perimeter, it would have been fine.

Fisher nor Kobe get passess (it's a loss, nobody gets a pass), but my point was those three factors I pointed out, if negated, would have earned us a victory. As I said "KEYS" to our loss... meaning the most important reasons. Those reasons (TOs and sagging off the perimeter to help on TP) I see as bigger reasons than anything Kobe or Fish did.

No doubt Kobe could've played better defense but really,you don't understand the game of basketball.

Perfect music.
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

allstar7 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
ANother MVP season by Kobe Bryant being flushed down the drain by scrubs. Management has done such a wonderful job assembling this team!

Since this is a scrub team, Kobe should accept the trade proposal to get to the Bulls or open up his list of teams he would deem acceptable so he can get out of this hell hole scrub team. It seems that some Kobe diehard fans are the biggest haters against just about everyone at some point.

Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Worthy42 wrote:
Tick wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
Nobodies free from blame, except for Kobe it seems. Just plain pathetic IMO, he didn't play well as pretty much no1 did but Andrew. Lamar had to many TOs, but didn't get the ball nearly enough especially in the post. Ronny was terrible, as was Luke, Fish, Kwame, Mihm, Mo, etc

Everyone wants to give Kobe a free pass, which is garbage. He didn't play well, especially defensively letting Bowen torch him.

Lamar had 4 TO's. 1 more then Kobe's 3. Which you could argue that one was a bullcrap traveling one they called. Ronny lead the team with 6.

Lakers got killed by TP and his dribble penetration. He softened their defense early and then when the Lakers decided to close in on him, he kicked it out and the Spurs did a fantastic job of hitting their 3's.

The Lakers were either forced to let TP just wander through the lanes uncontested or try to play the percentages and let the 3 pt shooters beat them. They decided to go with the latter and lost that call.

It also didn't help that our own PG had a horrible game and Kobe's shooting was off today. These games happen. You don't just walk into the defending world champs home and expect a cake walk.

Kobe's shooting wasn't off. He shot nearly 50%.

He was 0-6 from 3pt range. I call that off.

A few of those were forced in the 2nd quarter when we were in the penalty. He could've attacked during that stretch.

0 FT's for the game.

If you're gonna play that game then KOBE WAS HOT! He made 9 of 13 shots for 70%! Sorry, you don't get to pick and choose the shots you liked by Kobe and the shots you didn't like by Kobe. For the night, Kobe went 9 for 19, that's just under 50%. That's good shooting.
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Key's to the loss:

Bowen/Bonner = 40 points

If we would have 1) Played conservatively with our passes (lowered TOs) and 2)let Parker score at will and just stayed home on the shooters, we could have easily won this game IMO. We effectively stop Duncan yet still lose - terrible.

I blame this loss on LO and Vlad for their perimeter D, Kwame for contributing nothing, and Phil for not making adjustments in the 1st half when we were committing all those TOs.

So Kobe and DFish get a pass for their man torching them right? Their backcourt outplayed ours, by a mile. That's the reason we lost.....

I would have said 22 points off 19 turnovers were a pretty big factor

Say it all you want but the combo of Bowen/Parker outscored Kobe/Fish 49-24. You be the judge....
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject:

allstar7 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

People were saying this team was garbage/ full of scrubs before kobe even made his trade demands , heck date back to those depressions time around all star break when team was on 7 game losing streak.
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
CorkyTomjanovich wrote:

Quote:

No doubt Kobe could've played better defense but really,you don't understand the game of basketball.

You always have excuses for Kobe, I don't take you seriously at all because of that.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Key's to the loss:

Bowen/Bonner = 40 points

Bolded for NBAFan07

Actually, I mispoke... I just added it up and only 10 of Bowen's points were against Kobe. The rest were scored when Kobe was on Ginobli.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Excuses? You want excuses?

Lamar had 4 turnovers But...

HAHAH. Case closed. Don't be a hypocrite. You do the excact same. I made no excuses for Kobe's silly turnovers the last couple of games. But tonight you are wrong and your wrong because you don't understand the game of basketball. Ask your Coach at school or college and ask him, maybe he'll inform you

Perfect music.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Tick wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:

Lamar had 4 TO's. 1 more then Kobe's 3. Which you could argue that one was a bullcrap traveling one they called. Ronny lead the team with 6.

Lakers got killed by TP and his dribble penetration. He softened their defense early and then when the Lakers decided to close in on him, he kicked it out and the Spurs did a fantastic job of hitting their 3's.

The Lakers were either forced to let TP just wander through the lanes uncontested or try to play the percentages and let the 3 pt shooters beat them. They decided to go with the latter and lost that call.

It also didn't help that our own PG had a horrible game and Kobe's shooting was off today. These games happen. You don't just walk into the defending world champs home and expect a cake walk.

A few of those were forced in the 2nd quarter when we were in the penalty. He could've attacked during that stretch.

0 FT's for the game.

If you're gonna play that game then KOBE WAS HOT! He made 9 of 13 shots for 70%! Sorry, you don't get to pick and choose the shots you liked by Kobe and the shots you didn't like by Kobe. For the night, Kobe went 9 for 19, that's just under 50%. That's good shooting.

Are you out of your mind? What are you talking about? It took him 19 shots to get 18 pts. He shot 0-6 from 3 pt range. That's off by his standards. He had opportunities to attack. 0-6 from 3pt range is a bit off wouldn't you say? The team as a whole shot poorly from 3pt range. 2-16. 6 of those 16 misses were Kobes. They should've attacked the basket more. 0 ft's from Kobe is pretty unacceptable. He isn't free from blame for this lost.

Last edited by Worthy42 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:

HAHAH. Case closed. Don't be a hypocrite. You do the excact same. I made no excuses for Kobe's silly turnovers the last couple of games. But tonight you are wrong and your wrong because you don't understand the game of basketball. Ask your Coach at school or college and ask him, maybe he'll inform you

I don't need any help, obviously it's you who needs the help. When did I make an excuse for Lamar's turnovers? I said but, meaning I would of liked for him to get more touches...especially in the 2nd half when pretty much every time he toched the ball good things happened.
allstar7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject:

bluestorm1990 wrote:
allstar7 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

People were saying this team was garbage/ full of scrubs before kobe even made his trade demands , heck date back to those depressions time around all star break when team was on 7 game losing streak.

The Lakers had two of the key players injured at that time, Odom and Walton. Prior to their injury the Lakers were playing very well and getting praise around the league, including from Jerry West. The Heat without their best player is currently 1 and 6. At any rate, since this is the opinion that this team is full of scrubs then Kobe should jump at the chance to get to the Bulls or open up his list of acceptable teams he would be willing to play for.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject:

NBAFan07 wrote:
melo061 wrote:

I don't need any help, obviously it's you who needs the help. When did I make an excuse for Lamar's turnovers? I said but, meaning I would of liked for him to get more touches...especially in the 2nd half when pretty much every time he torched the ball good things happened.

You used "but" to make excuses for Lamar's poor game by saying he didn't get enough touches.

And yes, you do need help. Help with basketball fundamentals

Perfect music.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject:

allstar7 wrote:
bluestorm1990 wrote:
allstar7 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

The Lakers had two of the key players injured at that time, Odom and Walton. Prior to their injury the Lakers were playing very well and getting praise around the league, including from Jerry West. The Heat without their best player is currently 1 and 6. At any rate, since this is the opinion that this team is full of scrubs then Kobe should jump at the chance to get to the Bulls or open up his list of acceptable teams he would be willing to play for.

Not if the team he goes to is going to be full fo scrubs too.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Key's to the loss:

Bowen/Bonner = 40 points

Bolded for NBAFan07

Actually, I mispoke... I just added it up and only 10 of Bowen's points were against Kobe. The rest were scored when Kobe was on Ginobli.

Manu had a pretty good 4th too before he went out, I remember the And1 against Kobe and then he went out of the game with 7:52 to go. Bowen had those 3 threes when MANU was off the floor, go check the play by play. Manu went out of the game with 7:52 to go, I got it on TIVO. So I am definitely right. Kobe was in the game when he had those 3 threes, and Kobe was guarding him. Lamar was on Udoka, etc. Those were the matchups, but feel free to prove me wrong. Here's the link, how was Kobe on Manu when Manu wasnt even in the game when Bowen had those 3 threes?

scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=271113024
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
melo061 wrote:

I don't need any help, obviously it's you who needs the help. When did I make an excuse for Lamar's turnovers? I said but, meaning I would of liked for him to get more touches...especially in the 2nd half when pretty much every time he torched the ball good things happened.

You used "but" to make excuses for Lamar's poor game by saying he didn't get enough touches.

I used but because I think Lamar should of had more touches. Your point?
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject:

NBAFan07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Key's to the loss:

Bowen/Bonner = 40 points

Bolded for NBAFan07

Manu had a pretty good 4th too before he went out, I remember the And1 against Kobe and then he went out of the game with 7:52 to go. Bowen had those 3 threes when MANU was off the floor, go check the play by play. Manu went out of the game with 7:52 to go, I got it on TIVO. So I am definitely right. Kobe was in the game when he had those 3 threes, and Kobe was guarding him. Lamar was on Udoka, etc. Those were the matchups, but feel free to prove me wrong. Here's the link, how was Kobe on Manu when Manu wasnt even in the game when Bowen had those 3 threes?

scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=271113024
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Tick wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Tick wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:

0 FT's for the game.

Are you out of your mind? What are you talking about? It took him 19 shots to get 18 pts. He shot 0-6 from 3 pt range. That's off by his standards. He had opportunities to attack. 0-6 from 3pt range is a bit off wouldn't you say? The team as a whole shot poorly from 3pt range. 2-16. 6 of those 16 misses were Kobes. They should've attacked the basket more. 0 ft's from Kobe is pretty unacceptable. He isn't free from blame for this lost.

He shot just under 50%. Now what are YOU talking about? You want to single out his 3 point shooting? Fine! Then I'll single out his non-three point shooting he shot 9 for 13 for 70%. That's UNHEARD OF for a guard! I'll say this one more time...You don't get pick and choose which shots you like by Kobe, and which shots you don't. For the night, he shot 9 for 19, that's slightly below 50% and above his career average. Don't tell me he shot poorly. If you think 50% shooting is poor, then you have NO IDEA what you're talking about sir.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject:

NBAFan07 wrote:
melo061 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:
melo061 wrote:

I used but because I think Lamar should of had more touches. Your point?

You were making excuses for Odom's bad play by saying he needed more touches. Were not that dense, the use of But is clearly excuse making.

Perfect music.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Tick wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Tick wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
NBAFan07 wrote:

0 FT's for the game.

He shot just under 50%. Now what are YOU talking about? You want to single out his 3 point shooting? Fine! Then I'll single out his non-three point shooting he shot 9 for 13 for 70%. That's UNHEARD OF for a guard! I'll say this one more time...You don't get pick and choose which shots you like by Kobe, and which shots you don't. For the night, he shot 9 for 19, that's slightly below 50% and above his career average. Don't tell me he shot poorly. If you think 50% shooting is poor, then you have NO IDEA what you're talking about sir.

19 shots to get 18 pts. End of discussion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36
Jump to: