Who do we trade?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which player would you most like to move in a trade?
Sasha Vujacic
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Devean George
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Jumain Jones
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Brian Cook
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Slava Medvedenko
56%
 56%  [ 32 ]
Chris Mihm
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 57

sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Who do we trade?

Clearly we need help in our back court, and most agree we'd like to do that via the MLE/LLE for starters. Still, it's reasonable to assume we might make another trade or two, especially with our roster being a bit on the heavy side at SF and PF still (and thin as heck at guard).

Regardless of whom we're trading for, whether a guard or a big to shore up the frontcourt further - who would you most like to move?

This question would have been too much of a lock before the Kwame deal was determined, with Chucky as the front runner in many people's minds. I'll leave him off this list, as he's supposedly going with Caron to the Wiz.

I'll also leave of B.Grant for his huge contract (as much as I'm sure some of us would still love to move him), and Walton because we've just signed him.

Vlade is left off because he's more a trade chip and moving him doesn't really affect our roster in terms of who will play for us next season (since he's 99% likely to retire).

Listed in no particular order.

Soda
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Well I voted for Mihm, and for this reason:

He is the best player on that list, so I think he would fetch the most... and also I am damn sure that we wouldn't trade him unless it was for a Center (or a damn good player at another position).

Specifically, I think if we traded Mihm it would likely be for Magloire (we'd give up picks and some expiring K's in the deal as well).
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Keep: Mihm, Jumaine, Cook

Trade: George, Sasha, Slava

Basically, I'd like the Lakers to turn our garbage (George, Sasha, Slava) into a productive player, or two....that's all.

I know many of you don't like Cook but he's not really garbage. He's a good player.
He got a lot of hate last year because he wasn't what we needed but he showed great improvement and his shooting did some nice things for us.
Now that we have some inside power and athleticism, I think Cook could actually be a valuable player for us.
In the paint
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Funkee wrote:
Keep: Mihm, Jumaine, Cook

Trade: George, Sasha, Slava

Basically, I'd like the Lakers to turn our garbage (George, Sasha, Slava) into a productive player, or two....that's all.

I know many of you don't like Cook but he's not really garbage. He's a good player.
He got a lot of hate last year because he wasn't what we needed but he showed great improvement and his shooting did some nice things for us.
Now that we have some inside power and athleticism, I think Cook could actually be a valuable player for us.

A while back, I saw a sign on a store that said "I buy old junk and sell antiques".

I would trade Slava and Sash if we could just clear the roster space. Cook and George I would only trade if we can get something of value in return.
eagle816
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Of those six, I say keep Mihm and trade the rest if you could find any takers.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Ok here's another question then, going in the other direction...

Of the guys on that list, who do you most want to KEEP?

Personally I want to keep JJ and Mihm if possible (although I'd note that someone mentioned earlier about Mihm being tradeable if it meant bringing in another big, or center probably in particular, and I'd agree there as well).

Anywho, JJ and Mihm I want around. I'm pretty much happy moving any of the rest.

Soda
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Vlade.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

from the list, i would keep jumaine jones and chris mihm unless they were part of a bigger deal to bring in an "impact player".

brian cook i wouldn't mind keeping, but i do not feel as strongly about him as i do mihm and jones.

sasha and george i would love to trade away even for late draft picks.

slava...well i would trade him for a used band-aid and a broken pencil.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

double post
flipogb
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject:

trade for sure: sasha , slava , cook
trade for a good player (ex. magloire): george , mihm
dont trade: Jumaine Jones( he plays for a good price)
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject:

This is too tough a question for me.

Depending on who's coming back in trade any of these guys is expendable, so it would be whomever the other team wanted, as long as we were fulfilling a need.

I'd like to keep Mihm, but I'd certainly include him in a package to Minn. if it were possible to get KG.

I think Sasha's performance right now sucks, and I don't like his attitude, but I'd like to keep him for another year just to see if he develops. I have seen somethings I liked. If another team wants him and giving us something we need better, bye, bye. Invite Devin Green to camp as a possible replacement.

Devean George / Jumain Jones trade one, keep one as insurance in case Lamar needs a little more rehab. Devean has more experience in the tri, but I question his durability. If Lamar is fine, both can go; Luke is back up three.

Brian Cook/Slava Medvedenko don't need both, might not need either. I would like to see what they look like in training camp before deciding which one to shop around, but if another team wanted either one, bye bye.

Chris Mihm -- only if we're getting a better big back for him.

I definitely want to see two or three of these guys gone before the season starts.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Mihm and Jones are the keepers on the list. Mihm is a tough athletic big, who once Phil gets on him about stupid fouls will be solid for us. As for Jones, the guy is the perfect bench player. Comes in, hits 3's, rebounds well, plays well without the ball(important in this system), and doesnt whine about anything.

Cook:Watched too many Horry highlights. Only thing he can do is shoot the 3. Vujacic: Streaky shooter, pg skills are really questionable. George: knows the system, maybe he should stay until the trade deadline. Medvedenko:Really wont miss seeing him fire up midrange jumpers.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Mihm and Jones are the keepers on the list. Mihm is a tough athletic big, who once Phil gets on him about stupid fouls will be solid for us. As for Jones, the guy is the perfect bench player. Comes in, hits 3's, rebounds well, plays well without the ball(important in this system), and doesnt whine about anything.

Cook:Watched too many Horry highlights. Only thing he can do is shoot the 3. Vujacic: Streaky shooter, pg skills are really questionable. George: knows the system, maybe he should stay until the trade deadline. Medvedenko:Really wont miss seeing him fire up midrange jumpers.

Not sold on Cook myself, but I sure as heck hope you're not trying to say all Horry could do was hit a 3-ball.

Soda
Kobe-Wan Kenobi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject:

I cannot deal with watching another season with Slava... If no one will take him i hope they just waive him...
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Excellent! It's gotta be Slava.
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject:

slavas time is up
lakers*raiders
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject:

we should trade all of them except mihm and jj but if the right deal comes with them in it as fillers so forth then let them go
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject:

I would trade Slava first if given the opportunity.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: