XBOX 360 or PS3?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: XBOX 360 or PS3?

What do people suggest for those who can't decide what to get?
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Oh no!

Deuce, what have you done man? PS3 fanboys will come out saying that PS3 is a superior system technically (which it is) and XBOX fanboys will come out and say 360 has more games (which it does). I have a PS3 because I want to play MGS and FFXIII and those would be exclusive.

360 has it's share of great games. It's main three are Halo3, Gears of War and that other FPS that I forgot the name of.

But which are and will be available for PC (bought Gears the other day)

I love my PS3 and I hear the 360 has lots of problems (but then again Microsoft has a rep for releasing buggy software/hardware).

I don't know, it is up to your tastes. FPS - 360, RPG - PS3.
Clank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering that too. I've been trying to decide myself. I think the PS3 is a better system with a larger amount of good games, but the 360 is a bit cheaper and has Halo 3, Gears of War, Bioshock, and Mass Effect. I don't really care about the blu-ray vs. hd-dvd debate, so that's insignificant IMO.

I think the two questions that must be answered are:

1) Does the price difference really matter that much to you?

2) What would you rather have: Ratchet & Clank Future, Call of Duty 4 (PS3 version is better than the 360 version IMO), Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4 (same deal with COD4), Resistance: Fall of Man, Resident Evil 5, Haze, and Killzone 2 OR Halo 3, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Mass Effect, and Bioshock?

-Elton Brand

Chicken tastes better with waffles.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe anyone would ever consciously play an fps on a console however, I think one thing people are neglecting to point out is Xbox live >>>>>>>>>> other consoles online.

I personally say neither, get a Wii
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I used to be a Sony person back in the day with Playstation 1, and 2.

But I have converted to Microsoftism . Now I own a 360, and it's great especially for sports games.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I love the games the 360 has. And as of now I don't think the PS3 has a better RPG then the 360 in Mass Effect. Or a better Racing game in Forza 2 which I highly doubt GT will top. Or obviously a better shooting game. On the plus side they both will get GTA 4. And both got the sickness of NBA 2k8.

MGS4 is the game I would really love to get for PS3, but other then that im happy with the games the 360 has.

As for the 360 though it has had hardware problems. However if you are just getting one I believe the new ones have fixed this problem and it comes with an HDMI port. So you should look into that if you are getting one get the new ones.

Like someone said above I don't really care about blueray or HDdvd either. Ill choose to buy one when the other one is dead and I get a good price for it.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Clank wrote:
2) What would you rather have: Ratchet & Clank Future, Call of Duty 4 (PS3 version is better than the 360 version IMO), Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4 (same deal with COD4), Resistance: Fall of Man, Resident Evil 5, Haze, and Killzone 2 OR Halo 3, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Mass Effect, and Bioshock?

Thats the toughest choice I have to make
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: XBOX 360 or PS3?

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
What do people suggest for those who can't decide what to get?

PS3 ! ! !

I ve had both... the 360 is nice, nice online features but 1. I dont like the controller 2. games felt too computerish and 3. it broke down on me 2 times. ... SO i returned it and got a PS3. Great system, great games and many great games on their way.

If you get the PS3 get NBA2k8, its sick!! We'll battle online !

screen name : DIECI

PS.... the 360 you have to pay to play online, the PS3 is free and they release regular updates to improve it all the time, so its always getting better.

Good luck, if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask or send me a PM
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks KobeDunk

I played 360 and the online feature really rocks thats why I really can't decide.

in you're estimation which system has better graphics? or is it the same??
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Thanks KobeDunk

I played 360 and the online feature really rocks thats why I really can't decide.

They are equal now, but 360 had a year headstart. I think the PS3 will have better graphics by the end of next year. you will not see a huge graphics differential for games available on both systems. PS3 exclusives will in fact utilize the PS3 graphical capabilities making it look better. Same can be said for the 360, but 360 doesn't have the hardware that the PS3 has in order to volt it ahead of PS3.

Hardware-wise PS3 is the superior system. I don't care about BD vs. HDDVD war, yet. But the BD disc has a huge memory capacity.

I love my PS3, I really do, plus the shock control will be coming out in a few months.

Now Mass Effect is a nice game, but in no way will it be able to stack up to the upcoming RPGs of PS3.

I want FFvsXIII so damn bad sometimes at night I shake in the corner like a heroin addict on withdrawal.

I am more of a RPG player and a huge fan of Final Fantasy series. (not the geek kind dressing up and pretending to be a wizard, but I love the stories)

FPS games I am OK with, but they seem to lack the storyline. I did really like Killzone and don't know what the deal is with the ratings, but whatever. I want Killzone 2 bad as well.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Also PS3 online is cheaper in the area of Free.
tortuga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Get both!

Both systems have exclusive games so it's tough to decide. I have the 360 but I might also have to get the PS3 just for the sake of playing the Gran Turismo 5.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I personally got a 360 back in Sept this year, because I couldn't find a Wii still.

But now I'm really loving the 360 with Halo 3 and NHL 08.

If you want the PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII, you might as well wait and get one. Why get it now when it's expensive? Don't even think about getting the 40 GB hard drive. That system rips you off with no backwards compatibility, less hard drive space, and 2 less USB ports.

I'm not bashing the PS3 by any means. I'll get an 80 GB myself when the price goes down. I'm waiting for FFXIII and Suikoden VI really.

If I want sports games, I'd go with the 360 since the FPS is way higher than the PS3.

That's all. Choose whatever ya feel like. In the end, it's up to you.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject:

For me and the people I know the 360 controller is probably the best I have ever played. Its damn near perfect. I played all current systems controls including PS3. And imo 360's is the best.

If you are into FF games yeah you should definitely think about getting the PS3, but for me I don't like them specifically their fighting systems. Ill play through one for the story, but it isn't high on my personal list.

It is a bummer that xbox live cost money, but I would say its worth it. I have gotten 1 year cards on ebay for around 35 bucks. Sony has some online thing coming out that seems interesting, but I hear its still lacking in terms of what really makes xbox live great, but I do hope they eventually get to xbox live standards since I would want both to be free, but I guess since people are willing to pay for xbox live Microsoft will continue to charge for it.

Definitely get NBA 2k8 on the 360
Clank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:

If you want the PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII, you might as well wait and get one. Why get it now when it's expensive? Don't even think about getting the 40 GB hard drive. That system rips you off with no backwards compatibility, less hard drive space, and 2 less USB ports.

How many USB ports does the 40 gig version have compared to the 80 gig version? Also, I'm not really a techno-savvy guy, so could you please explain to me what the purpose for the USB ports is other than to hook up controllers?

-Elton Brand

KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Thanks KobeDunk

I think they're pretty even, I had NBA2k7 for both and I could honestly say that it ran a bit smoother on the ps3 and looked a maybe a bit better but it wasnt anything drastic.

I had the same dilema you're going through but I'm happy with my decision to get and keep the PS3. I really like the Sony controller better than the MS one. Look up some reviews its much more resposive in its shoulder buttons and the little joysticks (cant think of their name). As far as the games go honestly both systems have all the same games except for the few exclusives like Halo, Gears of War for the XBOX and Metal Gear, Socom, God of War for the Playstation. If you like spots games Its a tossup as both will have the same games like Madden, NBA LIve, NBA2k8, ProEvoSoccer etc.... it comes down to your preference in controller IMO.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Thanks KobeDunk

I think they're pretty even, I had NBA2k7 for both and I could honestly say that it ran a bit smoother on the ps3 and looked a maybe a bit better but it wasnt anything drastic.

I had the same dilema you're going through but I'm happy with my decision to get and keep the PS3. I really like the Sony controller better than the MS one. Look up some reviews its much more resposive in its shoulder buttons and the little joysticks (cant think of their name). As far as the games go honestly both systems have all the same games except for the few exclusives like Halo, Gears of War for the XBOX and Metal Gear, Socom, God of War for the Playstation. If you like spots games Its a tossup as both will have the same games like Madden, NBA LIve, NBA2k8, ProEvoSoccer etc.... it comes down to your preference in controller IMO.

hmm ill second that, comes down to the controller if both systems are about even. Ive always hated the playstation controller and love the xbox controllers. Advice before buying the xbox 360 the updated versions have been released, for example the ones being made with the new falcon chips are alot quiter and will not expiernce the "three red light" that kobe dunk and myself have had. Do some research on it, their is a way to tell which xbox 360's are using the new chips. Xbox live is a great feature of the 360 also, i dont mind paying the 7 bucks a month for the service , its well worth it. Its only if u want to play games online against others, the remainder of the features are available at all times. Both are impressive systems, just depends on you and games you prefer.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Advice before buying the xbox 360 the updated versions have been released, for example the ones being made with the new falcon chips are alot quiter and will not expiernce the "three red light" that kobe dunk and myself have had. Do some research on it, their is a way to tell which xbox 360's are using the new chips.

Just a note, the quietness has nothing to do with the chips. Microsoft has been putting different DVD drives in the 360s to reduce noise, but they've been doing that for a while. Also, the red rings of death as they are called is still a possibility even in the new models. The hope is that they will occur less frequently, but there's still going to be a small percentage of them that will develop a problem just like with all the systems.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Whats the fascination with FF games? I've played several and I personally thought they were all terrible, ESPECIALLY FF7.

Baldurs Gate 1/2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF anything.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
. it comes down to your preference in controller IMO.

one great thing about xbox accessories is they are compatible with your computer. USB+Microsoft ftw. That is quite honestly why I'd go Xbox360 over PS3.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Whats the fascination with FF games? I've played several and I personally thought they were all terrible, ESPECIALLY FF7.

Yeah I never got why they were made such a big deal of. Ive never played Baldurs Gate. I rather play a game like Mass Effect over a FF game any day of the week.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject:

NINTENDO WII
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Yeah I never got why they were made such a big deal of. Ive never played Baldurs Gate. I rather play a game like Mass Effect over a FF game any day of the week.

Why do you make innocent men cry?!?!?!?
Brand New
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I'll get a PS3, i was like you deciding which system to get but I made some fun calls and found out that some majors stores don't have warranty on the 360, they have some many problems that your scared to even turn it on, I'll get a PS3 because you don't have any problems and there better games IMO.But whatever its your choice.
Clank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Reposting because I think this might be important for my decision on what to buy. Anyone who knows please answer!

Clank wrote:
TooCool wrote:

How many USB ports does the 40 gig version have compared to the 80 gig version? Also, I'm not really a techno-savvy guy, so could you please explain to me what the purpose for the USB ports is other than to hook up controllers?

-Elton Brand

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: