XBOX 360 or PS3?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject:

Have you specifically asked them to replace the drive or do you know if they've done so?
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject:

Not sure what they have done in the past.

This time 'John', through his thickly accented English, seemed to indicate they were replacing the whole thing.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Not sure what they have done in the past.

This time 'John', through his thickly accented English, seemed to indicate they were replacing the whole thing.

That's probably what they should have done in the first place.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
360 is great when it's working.

Just sent mine in for it's 3rd repair.

Bought in 01/07

1st repair 02/07
2nd repair 06/07
3rd repair 01/08

Same thing every time, stops reading discs.

I think I stretched it out this last time because I just stuck COD4 in and left it running 24/7.

As hard of a time these have of reading discs I get the feeling they are using a bad clone of a Chinese clone of a dvd drive.

Ive never had the dvd drive problem, but ive had the 3 red lights once and got it repaired.

I bought my xbox 360 I believe January 2006. It worked perfect until I got NBA 2k8 a few months back and then it just messed up. I got it repaired in about 3 weeks.

I believe the warranty for the 3 red lights is only for 3 years right? So in about a year im out of luck unless I pay the I believe 100 dollar repair fee. Its to be expected that this wont be the last time it will give me the red lights even though it took it close to 2 years for me to get my first red lights.
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject:

what caused my x-box to fail was that Nyko intercooler. It robs your x-box 360 of the necessary power it needs to run on.

luckily It was still under warranty when I had my x-box fixed.
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject:

PS3 outsold the Xbox for the first time last month. The Wii is still outselling them both.

MS says it is an aberration but I wonder if the whole Blu Ray winning the HD wars had an affect.

We shall see.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject:

kevin wrote:
PS3 outsold the Xbox for the first time last month. The Wii is still outselling them both.

MS says it is an aberration but I wonder if the whole Blu Ray winning the HD wars had an affect.

We shall see.

Yes we should especially with like MGS4 coming to the PS3. As for the outselling I think the PS3 outsold the 360 only slightly which is something, but well see. I have a feeling a lot of systems are gonna be sold at the GTA4 launch. And the 360 has exclusive episodic content with GTA4 so they really need to advertise that if they are smart.

MGS4 is the only major reason I would want a PS3 will be interesting how much systems it sells. For me personally I don't really care about the blue ray player to much. At this point it would be nice to get one cheaply, but im not looking to buy one.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject:

There both monster machines. The Xbox 360 breaks down a lot. A whole lots of recalls on the 360.

The PS3 had the same problem until they made the 40 gb. Which is undistructible.

I bought the PS3 first . Then the 360 recently.

Can't choose ,buy em both
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject:

PS3....

1) dont have to pay to "play online"... and i dont get it... because first you spend about 350 dollars on their system and then they ask you to play on their system.. basically.

2) i think the ps3 (80gb) has more memory space than the xbox360.
IeatTofu@lakergames
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I have both the ps3 is mine and the xbox 360 is my son. lol i told wifey that i was gonna buy ps3 for myself and she laughed and said hunny when are you gonna grow up, i told ill grow up after i buy my ps3 !!! she hates video games period because one of her girlfriend broke up with her boyfriend because he was spending too much time playing vidoe games..
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject:

imcool wrote:
PS3....

1) dont have to pay to "play online"... and i dont get it... because first you spend about 350 dollars on their system and then they ask you to play on their system.. basically.

2) i think the ps3 (80gb) has more memory space than the xbox360.

1) It depends on how you look at it. 50$ a year seems like a lot of money, but when you look at it on a monthly basis, that's 4$ a month. And until the online community of Sony's surpasses Xbox live's, then the price is justifiable. People seem to forget that Xbox live outweighs PS3's online community immensely, and until Sony finds a way to even it out or surpass Xbox Live, I'll be more than willing to pay the 50 $ a year.

2) The elite 360 has a 120 GB Hard Drive, but when it comes to hard drives and all that mumbo jumbo it really doesn't matter that much. For PS3 you can buy whatever drive you want for it. If you want a 500 GB hard drive for your PS3 you can buy one for it. That is one advantage for the PS3. But when you're considering storage space for a console how much do you really need? The 20 GB hard drive I have with my 360 is really only about 13 GB after formatting, but I don't even use half of that space. The only reason you would need hard drive space is if you are putting massive amounts of music or high-res videos onto your console, and that's just not something I use my game system for, that's what I use my PC for. So when it comes down to it, Hard Drive space really isn't a major selling factor when it comes to making a decision between the two, unless you intend to use your console as you would a PC.

When it comes to my personal choice, well I own a 360, but they're both great machines. You really can't go wrong with either one. I just prefer Xbox because of Xbox Live. The only major, and when I say major I mean MAJOR, problem with 360 is the overall quality of the machine itself. They really need to do something about this, maybe instead of extending the warranty three years, they should just replace all consoles made before November 2007 because it is a disgrace that so many are failing. I've gone through 4 myself. When it comes to overall quality of the machine, hands down PS3 is in much better shape right now. But when it comes to online community and interface, Xbox leads in that department.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It’s not exactly a secret that the Xbox 360 has seen some technical hiccups since its release. But really, how prevalent are the system failures? According to a recent report by site SquareTrade, a site responsible for dealing with product warranties, it’s pretty bad.

SquareTrade reports a 16.4 percent failure rate for Xbox 360 consoles. This number is much lower than the 33 percent claimed by retailers such as Best Buy and GameStop/EB Games, however it is still significantly higher than the failure rate of its competing systems which sits in the 3-5 percent range.

LINK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject:

I can vouch for that.

Mine has been in for repairs 3 times in 15 months.
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
I can vouch for that.

Mine has been in for repairs 3 times in 15 months.

That is the issue with MS in general. They are well equipped to handle every little need of the business world but they struggle a lot when it comes to consumer based products.
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Basically everyone I know that has had a 360 has had to send theirs back. That is 6 purchases and 6 defects. Everyone I know that has a PS3 has had absolutely zero issues with it at all. I own one and it works perfectly. I have the 60 GB model as well......Wii is fun and all but for the kids if you ask me. Playstation 3 is the only way to go
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject:

If they had Halo GOW on PS3 I would have got it.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject:

IeatTofu@lakergames wrote:
I have both the ps3 is mine and the xbox 360 is my son. lol i told wifey that i was gonna buy ps3 for myself and she laughed and said hunny when are you gonna grow up, i told ill grow up after i buy my ps3 !!! she hates video games period because one of her girlfriend broke up with her boyfriend because he was spending too much time playing vidoe games..

That is a trip you are from the Hacienda Heights bro!!!!

I got a 8 year old son too. I got both systems just like you also. Technically PS3 is mines and 360 is my boys'.

BE CAREFUL ON COLIMA RD. , SPEED TRAPS ALL DAY.

ON COLIMA RD AND COUNTRYWOOD DR. ALL DAY. THE COPS ARE OUT THERE REALLY TRYING TO BUST UP THERE QUOTA.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject:

I got a 360 in Dec 2005 and have had to send it in only 1 time...I bought an Elite when they first came out and sold my Premium. Two weeks ago my g/f bought me a PS 3. The 360 still has a better library of games, but the PS 3 is not that far behind and like others have said the hardware is much more reliable.

Most of the multiplatform games perform and look better on the 360 b/c most of the developers just port the game from the 360 to the PS 3. The reasoning is b/c it's much easier and cheaper to develop games on the 360. However if you look at games that are not ported over (DMC 4), then the PS 3 version comes out on top. In addition, some of the newer PS 3 games are allowing you to install a portion of the game onto the HD which elminates alot of load times.

The 360 is a nice machine but if I had to choose one now I would go with the PS 3.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject:

dont understand why people choose one or the other.....just get both and add the wii
Greg-Dawg®
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:

XBOX 360!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: