Smush Parker commits assault
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
since you guys just keep posting smush updates like he's a current laker. i might as well comment.

first off, lets stop acting as if he's done something most people wouldn't do under the circumstances. if you're a big willy and you run around with your black card and perhaps a 20spot if that. why? cause you're not trying to get robbed. Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back? Of course you would have. They could just attempt to sue smush for the $12.00 + interest+hassle of collecting it. but now you have a case about arm twisting. calling it assault. uh, You got my keys. stop acting like you're a cop with a gun and badge. you're valet. thats it. drop the keys and tell the manager end of dispute. unless you tried to keep the dispute going just to see if you could get smush to bite(which i guess he did).

we can always count on you do stand out w/ your opinions when it's basketball related. but I never thought you'd be in favor of what this prick did.

(bleep) ridiculous.

whats ridiculous about snatching YOUR OWN CAR KEYS.

wake up people. wake up. this isn't an assault case. stop believing everything you hear from one side. now if he popped her, or even shoved her. thats another story. if the man grab his keys and tried to take them and she wouldn't let go. Thats her bad. sorry $12.00 is not worth the price of the car he was driving. So she should let the keys go. as i stated. she doesn't know where he may have had to be. and he didn't have to tell her his business if that were the case. He didn't have cash on him(his bad). but understand, when these rich guys carry cash, they carry thousands, not 40 bucks. its either all or non. if you get caught with thousands coming out that club, you will one day possible get robbed. and there goes thousands. sure you're a millionaire. but so what. who wants to give up a couple of grand to some theif? no one. so he doesn't carry cash on him. the man is from New York. aint nothing pretty where smush is from. its the same "tuck your chain" rule. it keeps the wolves from jumping. leave the cash at home. they wanna rob you, they can have the black card. everything on that card is insured. i call the credit card people and any money taken is back in there. in addition the thieves are caught

there's a reason for not having cash on your person. you may not agree, i may not agree. you should have no less then a $40 spot on you if you have that kind of money. but again, you wont just have $40. it would turn into a grand or two. thats how these rich guys roll. well rich entertainers that are young.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
wow smush. you sure felt like a big man twisting a woman's arm. (bleep)!

men these days..... :roll:

Mrs Valet sure felt like law enforcement.

Let the keys go...

idiots these days..... :roll:
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
since you guys just keep posting smush updates like he's a current laker. i might as well comment.

first off, lets stop acting as if he's done something most people wouldn't do under the circumstances. if you're a big willy and you run around with your black card and perhaps a 20spot if that. why? cause you're not trying to get robbed. Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back? Of course you would have. They could just attempt to sue smush for the $12.00 + interest+hassle of collecting it. but now you have a case about arm twisting. calling it assault. uh, You got my keys. stop acting like you're a cop with a gun and badge. you're valet. thats it. drop the keys and tell the manager end of dispute. unless you tried to keep the dispute going just to see if you could get smush to bite(which i guess he did).

Something is wrong with you. For you to even try to justify a man putting his hands on woman over a $`12 ticket that he owed....

Something is really wrong with you.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

Something is wrong with you. For you to even try to justify a man putting his hands on woman over a $`12 ticket that he owed....

shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Come on guys.

Didn't you hear?

He says: GIMME MA KEYS

Comical.
EHL_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

we can always count on you do stand out w/ your opinions when it's basketball related. but I never thought you'd be in favor of what this prick did.

(bleep) ridiculous.

wake up people. wake up. this isn't an assault case. stop believing everything you hear from one side. now if he popped her, or even shoved her. thats another story. if the man grab his keys and tried to take them and she wouldn't let go. Thats her bad. sorry $12.00 is not worth the price of the car he was driving. So she should let the keys go. as i stated. she doesn't know where he may have had to be. and he didn't have to tell her his business if that were the case. He didn't have cash on him(his bad). but understand, when these rich guys carry cash, they carry thousands, not 40 bucks. its either all or non. if you get caught with thousands coming out that club, you will one day possible get robbed. and there goes thousands. sure you're a millionaire. but so what. who wants to give up a couple of grand to some theif? no one. so he doesn't carry cash on him. the man is from New York. aint nothing pretty where smush is from. its the same "tuck your chain" rule. it keeps the wolves from jumping. leave the cash at home. they wanna rob you, they can have the black card. everything on that card is insured. i call the credit card people and any money taken is back in there. in addition the thieves are caught

there's a reason for not having cash on your person. you may not agree, i may not agree. you should have no less then a $40 spot on you if you have that kind of money. but again, you wont just have $40. it would turn into a grand or two. thats how these rich guys roll. well rich entertainers that are young.

What's sad is that you don't even understand the legal ramifications of what he did, you're just making up social etiquette as you go along. He's going to be arrested for a reason; he broke the law.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:

EHL_2 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

(bleep) ridiculous.

What's sad is that you don't even understand the legal ramifications of what he did, you're just making up social etiquette as you go along. He's going to be arrested for a reason; he broke the law.

Disgusting.
70sSanO
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
grabbed McKenzie's arm in an attempt to get his keys, according to the incident report.

You know it didn't say if Smush actually got his keys from the attendant.

I'm betting he didn't get them... and then walked away and threw his headband.

"Get away from me little man!"

John

Last edited by 70sSanO on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

(bleep) ridiculous.

. Is $12.00 really worth twisting someone's arm? He's an athlete for god's sake. Have some (bleep) cash on you!! What you fail to realize is that this woman was just trying to do her job. It's amazing how you're trying to back this guy up. I can't take you seriously anymore. But, just for the sake of making your posts look even sillier. I can continue having this discussion.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject:

70sSanO wrote:
Quote:
grabbed McKenzie's arm in an attempt to get his keys, according to the incident report.

You know it didn't say if Smush actually got his keys from the attendant.

I'm betting he didn't get them... and then walked away and threw his headband.

John

good one
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
wow smush. you sure felt like a big man twisting a woman's arm. (bleep)!

men these days..... :roll:

Mrs Valet sure felt like law enforcement.

Let the keys go...

idiots these days..... :roll:

like i said. she had a job to do. Tells me what kind of employee you would be had you been put in the situation.

Smush: "i don't owe anything. gimme my keys"

you: "ok sir. here you go. Have a nice day"
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

You're still defending Smush freakin Parker?

I could never understand how a couple guys around here did so with so much uncompromising determination......
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Stay classy Smush Parker.
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject:

bshaw20 wrote:
cue will smiths' song - miami

I've always been amused by that song. A whole song about "Miami" and nary a good word about anything west of the Intracoastal. Only a tiny strip of town as far away from downtown as it's possible to get and still be technically within the city. It's like if instead of "South Bay to the Valley", "West side to the East side", Randy Newman had made "I Love L.A." all about Malibu.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

You're still defending Smush freakin Parker?

I could never understand how a couple guys around here did so with so much uncompromising determination......

Neither could I.

And then as if that wasn't bad enough, Smush's off court actions actually get defended, with quite possibly some of the worst imaginable reasons.

It's perplexing.

I'm just surprised Phil Jackson hasn't been found at fault for Smush's latest "incident".
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

(bleep) ridiculous.

. Is $12.00 really worth twisting someone's arm? He's an athlete for god's sake. Have some (bleep) cash on you!! What you fail to realize is that this woman was just trying to do her job. It's amazing how you're trying to back this guy up. I can't take you seriously anymore. But, just for the sake of making your posts look even sillier. I can continue having this discussion.

HE DIDNT HAVE CASH ON HIM. GET OVER THAT PART.

so now what?

why is it that everyone and their great aunt is anti smush on this one?

THINK folks. stop jumping to judgement cause you dont like the guy. perhaps the Valet was a Butt hole. who knows.

No telling how it went down.

and whoever said, "he broke the law". please. you break the law everytime you j-walk. So turn yourself in.

we dont know if smush was calling whoever he was visiting down to give him the $12.00 and they didn't have it either. no telling. perhaps while the call was being made the valet person was still running her yap about the $12.00 and how he has to pay or he will not be able to leave. Dont act as if you have never been caught in a situation. where you felt you were in the right. because he said, "i paid before hand." so in reality if thats true. people talking about "he should've had cash on him" FOr what. thats his business. as long as he takes care of business and pays people he owes. thats his business. if thats the case of course.

so put yourself in his shoes for a moment. i know thats hard for smush haters to do. and thats why you have the all anti smush sentiment in here no matter what happened. so just role play for a moment.

I pre-paid. I dont have cash on me. the valet person is hounding me about it. I say alright whatever, i hop on the cell and attempt to call whoever i was visiting to come down with $12.00. they dont have any cash on them in the house(very possible). I've been in situations where someone ordered pizza, and forgot to tell the guy credit. next thing you know he's at the door. and no one in the house has cash on them. this has nothing to do with being rich or not. some people think "i have to have cash on me at all times." some people dont.

So i can't get the $12.00. I again explain how i paid earlier. I explain how that transaction went down. what time it was. and who i paid(you the valet in front of me or some other person that works for the same company). The valet person is sticking to his/her guns. now i'm getting heated. lady just give me my keys. she refuses. I'm ready to go home or whever i'm heading. i ask again. she refuses. I'm not some kid from the burbs. I grew up in the hood. the first thought that comes to my mind isn't "I should call the police". (see here's one thing you guys have to keep in mind). So I attempt to grab my own keys. she pulls away. i reach again, and now here we are looking like two idiots fighting over my keys and a possible $12.00 charge.

We're both going off principal. are you telling me the valet company would go up in smoke without ath $12.00? of course not. its the principal.

are you telling me smush couldn't have knocked on everyone's door in the complex to find $12.00? of course he could have. but now its the principal"he thinks or said he paid already."

So how in the world is smush more in the wrong then the valet person?

I'll tell you why. because he's smush "i dont like his attitude" parker. thats why. in addition. when people see, "Smush Assaulted...." there's already a negative thought, "who did this idiot put his hands on?" So you can't even do the role playing thing because you refuse to allow yourself to do so. because your mind is made up. similar to a bad juror. thats why I would hate to go to trial over something i didn't do or felt wasn't improper. or atleast not improper enough to file charges over. Cause I can't trust my peers to be fair and honest. they will go with the police report. that was filed by the person across the room. people a lot of times go with the first thing they hear. "he must be guilty, cause it reads he assaulted a woman." Use your heads folks. the officer that had to write the report up probably just got thru arguing with their wife and had to snatch the keys from her in the exact same fashion. but we will make this some kind of battery type case. as if Smush Pimp slapped her. Come on folks. as it reads. it wasn't anything like that.

half of you in here going off on smush. just came back from jack n the box arguing with the employees and manager. over the fact you ordered curly fries and they gave you regular fries on accident. so get off of smush.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Guralnick said McKenzie was treated for injuries at Hialeah Hospital. She has her arm in a sling, is wearing a neck brace and may have suffered nerve and soft-tissue damage, Guralnick said.

Parker's agent, Billy Ceisler, said Wednesday night he and Parker were not aware of McKenzie's injury claims or her attempts to press charges.

Contacted Wednesday night, a Hialeah Hospital receptionist said records indicate McKenzie arrived at the emergency room for testing at 6 a.m. Wednesday, nearly a full day after the aledged altercation with Parker.

I'm no Smush Parker fan but come on now. This lady is pretty much a joke.

Last edited by Freakout on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
[Something is wrong with you. For you to even try to justify a man putting his hands on woman over a $`12 ticket that he owed....

I'm pretty amazed. While I have always felt PnP was off the mark when it came to many Lakers issues, it never occurred to me he could be so grossly off the mark on how one should act in society.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Does everyone realize the complaint says he twisted her arms?

He wasn't arrested on the scene so that makes me skeptical.

Let the facts all come out before we start labeling him as something.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
first off, lets stop acting as if he's done something most people wouldn't do under the circumstances.

If think 99.9% of the men on here would not grab the arm of a WOMAN over a petty dispute like this. Especially a woman in her 40s who is half your size.

Quote:
if you're a big willy and you run around with your black card and perhaps a 20spot if that. why? cause you're not trying to get robbed.

Fine, you don't want to get robbed. That somehow gives you an excuse to get physical with a woman? You act like an adult and ask how you can resolve the situation civilly.

Quote:
Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back?

No.

Quote:
Of course you would have.

If I was a violent, anti-social jerk, sure.

Quote:
They could just attempt to sue smush for the $12.00 + interest+hassle of collecting it.

Why would it even come to that? Just go to an ATM, get the money, pay them, and go on your way. Or gee, here's an idea...he was visiting a condo complex. So he knew someone in the complex. That someone can contact the building manager, who can talk to the parking people and smooth everything over.

Quote:
but now you have a case about arm twisting. calling it assault.

Well grabbing someone without consent is pretty much assault. Actually.

Quote:
uh, You got my keys.

There's all that stuff printed on the parking ticket. It say you agree to enter into a contract with the company, agree to their terms, which usually entails keeping your keys until you pay your debt.

Quote:
stop acting like you're a cop with a gun and badge.

She wasn't. She was acting like someone trying to collect the money owed to them.

Quote:
you're valet. thats it. drop the keys and tell the manager end of dispute. unless you tried to keep the dispute going just to see if you could get smush to bite(which i guess he did).

Why couldn't Smush talk to the manager? Why did he have to escalate it to a physical confrontation?

This wasn't supposed to be a HATE thread. Stop HATING. Keep the HATE out.

That being said, Smush is innocent until proven guilty. We should be plenty wary of lying women by now.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Strokke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:

$12.00 is not worth twisting somebody's arm. (Unless you have no cash and are going to be late for your NBA game)

Twisting somebody's arm is not worth being arrested for assault.

Yes Lawyers we can all look up the definition of assault but I believe most people are on this forum giving their personal opinions.
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Smush was right and he had paid, and if he hadn't been a millionaire and a possible winning lottery ticket for the "assaulted" valet and her lawyer this whole episode wouldn't have happened.

I don't like Smush and I'm glad he's gone, but I'm certainly not going to take this story coming from the valet and her lawyer at face value and use it as an excuse to pile on Smush.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Strokke wrote:
$12.00 is not worth twisting somebody's arm. (Unless you have no cash and are going to be late for your NBA game)

Yes Lawyers we can all look up the definition of assault but I believe most people are on this forum giving their personal opinions.

again. who goes around thinking, "If i get my OWN CAR KEYS, from the valet I paid for already. I'm going to get arrested." People dont go around thinking like that. if you go around thinking like that. its the same thought process that could stop you from helping someone get out of a burning car wreck. cause if something happens to them. their family may sue you. even though you were just their to help. this has happened.

and lets stop saying its not worth it for smush. it wasn't worth it for the valet if her arm hurts so much. she could've just as easily gave him the keys. and told her manager. she did that anyway. but it turned into something else because she refuse to give the keys up. how foolish of her. it wasn't that serious. the parking company would not lose sleep over that 12 spot. believe me.

I hope you guys know that Smush can counter sue the valet company for holding him up from a prior engagement. whether thats actually what was going on is another story. but he could sue for that. and then what? Valet Co. gets sued for a $20,000 smush says he was due at some kids speaking engagement. who knows. Valet lady drops charges. smush drops charges. valet lady keeps working for the valet co. everything goes away. smush even kicks her down with heat tickets. (not that anyone would want to see that crappy team right now).

i want you guys to also realize your buddy the valet lady is spending miami citizens tax payer dollars. when she could've gave him his keys over the same $12.00. think about that for a moment.

Last edited by postandpivot on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
RG73 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
first off, lets stop acting as if he's done something most people wouldn't do under the circumstances.

If think 99.9% of the men on here would not grab the arm of a WOMAN over a petty dispute like this. Especially a woman in her 40s who is half your size.

Quote:
if you're a big willy and you run around with your black card and perhaps a 20spot if that. why? cause you're not trying to get robbed.

Fine, you don't want to get robbed. That somehow gives you an excuse to get physical with a woman? You act like an adult and ask how you can resolve the situation civilly.

Quote:
Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back?

No.

Quote:
Of course you would have.

If I was a violent, anti-social jerk, sure.

Quote:
They could just attempt to sue smush for the $12.00 + interest+hassle of collecting it.

Why would it even come to that? Just go to an ATM, get the money, pay them, and go on your way. Or gee, here's an idea...he was visiting a condo complex. So he knew someone in the complex. That someone can contact the building manager, who can talk to the parking people and smooth everything over.

Quote:
but now you have a case about arm twisting. calling it assault.

Well grabbing someone without consent is pretty much assault. Actually.

Quote:
uh, You got my keys.

There's all that stuff printed on the parking ticket. It say you agree to enter into a contract with the company, agree to their terms, which usually entails keeping your keys until you pay your debt.

Quote:
stop acting like you're a cop with a gun and badge.

She wasn't. She was acting like someone trying to collect the money owed to them.

Quote:
you're valet. thats it. drop the keys and tell the manager end of dispute. unless you tried to keep the dispute going just to see if you could get smush to bite(which i guess he did).

Why couldn't Smush talk to the manager? Why did he have to escalate it to a physical confrontation?

This wasn't supposed to be a HATE thread. Stop HATING. Keep the HATE out.

That being said, Smush is innocent until proven guilty. We should be plenty wary of lying women by now.

Good point - Had it been Kobe:

"She's just making things up. She wanted Kobe or she just wants to get paid"

And, is Smush still a Laker? Why is this even in this forum? Some of you guys really need to get over this scrub. He's gone. Move on.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Strokke wrote:

again. who goes around thinking, "If i get my OWN CAR KEYS, from the valet I paid for already. I'm going to get arrested." People dont go around thinking like that. if you go around thinking like that. its the same thought process that could stop you from helping someone get out of a burning car wreck. cause if something happens to them. their family may sue you. even though you were just their to help. this has happened.

and lets stop saying its not worth it for smush. it wasn't worth it for the valet if her arm hurts so much. she could've just as easily gave him the keys. and told her manager. she did that anyway. but it turned into something else because she refuse to give the keys up. how foolish of her. it wasn't that serious. the parking company would not lose sleep over that 12 spot. believe me.

You are absolutely disgusting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: