Smush Parker commits assault
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver shadow8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Smush Parker commits assault

Heat's Parker Tangles With Valet
November 29, 2007 - 5:58 am
Miami Herald -
A Miami woman accusing Heat guard Smush Parker of twisting her arm during a dispute over a valet fee is seeking criminal charges against the fourth-year NBA player.

Yomaira McKenzie, 41, said Parker "lost it" Tuesday morning when he was asked to pay the $12 valet parking charge he allegedly owed at a condo building at 355 Biscayne Blvd. McKenzie is an assistant manager at Standard Valet, which services the building.

According to a Miami police incident report, Parker, 26, claimed he had paid the fee in advance a night earlier. He said he did not have any available cash to pay Tuesday.

Tension apparently escalated when Parker, denied his keys until he settled the debt, allegedly pushed a valet podium and grabbed McKenzie's arm in an attempt to get his keys, according to the incident report.

Parker was not arrested or charged at the scene Tuesday, which is standard procedure in most simple misdemeanor battery cases that aren't witnessed by police. In such cases, the victim must contact prosecutors and seek formal charges, Miami police spokesman Detective William Moreno said Wednesday.

McKenzie said Parker twisted her wrist and arm. McKenzie's attorney Ron Guralnick said McKenzie has already pressed charges with the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office.

He also criticized police Wednesday for not arresting Parker Tuesday.

"If he wasn't a sports' personality, he would have been arrested on the scene," Guralnick said.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49455/20071129/heats_parker_tangles_with_valet/
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject:

You're welcome, Miami!
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject:

Why anyone doesn't have cash on them these days boggle the hell out of me. It's not ALL about the credit cards/debit card. Have some form of cash for crying out loud.

Not like 100 dollar bills. Just have a 20 or a 10.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject:

Smush thought he was a real NBA starting point guard. Truth hurts, and now he's losing his ish!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:

i never was a fan of smush but come on "assault"?
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject:

Smushy says: "Don't F with the Smushcalade!!"
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject:

since you guys just keep posting smush updates like he's a current laker. i might as well comment.

first off, lets stop acting as if he's done something most people wouldn't do under the circumstances. if you're a big willy and you run around with your black card and perhaps a 20spot if that. why? cause you're not trying to get robbed. Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back? Of course you would have. They could just attempt to sue smush for the $12.00 + interest+hassle of collecting it. but now you have a case about arm twisting. calling it assault. uh, You got my keys. stop acting like you're a cop with a gun and badge. you're valet. thats it. drop the keys and tell the manager end of dispute. unless you tried to keep the dispute going just to see if you could get smush to bite(which i guess he did).
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:

We needed a 2nd thread about this?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
We needed a 2nd thread about this?

we didn't need the 1st one in my humble opinion. but we're still obsessed with the smushcalade.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
since you guys just keep posting smush updates like he's a current laker. i might as well comment.

first off, lets stop acting as if he's done something most people wouldn't do under the circumstances. if you're a big willy and you run around with your black card and perhaps a 20spot if that. why? cause you're not trying to get robbed. Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back? Of course you would have. They could just attempt to sue smush for the $12.00 + interest+hassle of collecting it. but now you have a case about arm twisting. calling it assault. uh, You got my keys. stop acting like you're a cop with a gun and badge. you're valet. thats it. drop the keys and tell the manager end of dispute. unless you tried to keep the dispute going just to see if you could get smush to bite(which i guess he did).

You're still defending Smush freakin Parker?
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:
Why anyone doesn't have cash on them these days boggle the hell out of me. It's not ALL about the credit cards/debit card. Have some form of cash for crying out loud.

Some folks can't help but spend, when you know you are that way, you stay the heck away from cash in your pockets. I do that all the time, but am not all about CCs, i just don't carry bills with me thats all. You got friends who always wanna borrow a dollar and you never get those back!!
winstonemby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject:

12 dollars for a millionaire, ROFL
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Ozendorph wrote:
You're welcome, Miami!

RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
first off, lets stop acting as if he's done something most people wouldn't do under the circumstances.

If think 99.9% of the men on here would not grab the arm of a WOMAN over a petty dispute like this. Especially a woman in her 40s who is half your size.

Quote:
if you're a big willy and you run around with your black card and perhaps a 20spot if that. why? cause you're not trying to get robbed.

Fine, you don't want to get robbed. That somehow gives you an excuse to get physical with a woman? You act like an adult and ask how you can resolve the situation civilly.

Quote:
Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back?

No.

Quote:
Of course you would have.

If I was a violent, anti-social jerk, sure.

Quote:
They could just attempt to sue smush for the $12.00 + interest+hassle of collecting it.

Why would it even come to that? Just go to an ATM, get the money, pay them, and go on your way. Or gee, here's an idea...he was visiting a condo complex. So he knew someone in the complex. That someone can contact the building manager, who can talk to the parking people and smooth everything over.

Quote:
but now you have a case about arm twisting. calling it assault.

Well grabbing someone without consent is pretty much assault. Actually.

Quote:
uh, You got my keys.

There's all that stuff printed on the parking ticket. It say you agree to enter into a contract with the company, agree to their terms, which usually entails keeping your keys until you pay your debt.

Quote:
stop acting like you're a cop with a gun and badge.

She wasn't. She was acting like someone trying to collect the money owed to them.

Quote:
you're valet. thats it. drop the keys and tell the manager end of dispute. unless you tried to keep the dispute going just to see if you could get smush to bite(which i guess he did).

Why couldn't Smush talk to the manager? Why did he have to escalate it to a physical confrontation?
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

TooCool wrote:

everyones not cool like you and can have cash all the time, everytime i have cash the misses always takes it, so thats why i don't carry any with me most of the time unless i'm going right from the bank to purchase whatever it is i'm buying. Buyt one would think that smushie would have 12 bucks on him, he is a millionare for christ sake
EHL_2
Star Player
Star Player

postandpivot wrote:

W...T...F? How can you argue that most reasonable people would physically assault another human being over a $12 fine? If Parker was smart he just would have told the attendant to take down his information and send him a bill. It has been known to occur in valet parking history.

Much like the basketball court, Smush isn't very sharp when it comes to real life either.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one who thinks this is hilarious funny? HAHAHAH
Mor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I know I dont carry cash because if I have any I will spend it on junk I dont need at all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back? Of course you would have..

Actually. No I wouldn't have.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
first off, lets stop acting as if he's done something most people wouldn't do under the circumstances.

If think 99.9% of the men on here would not grab the arm of a WOMAN over a petty dispute like this. Especially a woman in her 40s who is half your size.

Quote:
if you're a big willy and you run around with your black card and perhaps a 20spot if that. why? cause you're not trying to get robbed.

Fine, you don't want to get robbed. That somehow gives you an excuse to get physical with a woman? You act like an adult and ask how you can resolve the situation civilly.

Quote:
Are you telling me you wouldn't have tried to snatch your keys back?

No.

Quote:
Of course you would have.

If I was a violent, anti-social jerk, sure.

Quote:
They could just attempt to sue smush for the $12.00 + interest+hassle of collecting it.

Why would it even come to that? Just go to an ATM, get the money, pay them, and go on your way. Or gee, here's an idea...he was visiting a condo complex. So he knew someone in the complex. That someone can contact the building manager, who can talk to the parking people and smooth everything over.

Quote:
but now you have a case about arm twisting. calling it assault.

Well grabbing someone without consent is pretty much assault. Actually.

Quote:
uh, You got my keys.

There's all that stuff printed on the parking ticket. It say you agree to enter into a contract with the company, agree to their terms, which usually entails keeping your keys until you pay your debt.

Quote:
stop acting like you're a cop with a gun and badge.

She wasn't. She was acting like someone trying to collect the money owed to them.

Quote:
you're valet. thats it. drop the keys and tell the manager end of dispute. unless you tried to keep the dispute going just to see if you could get smush to bite(which i guess he did).

Why couldn't Smush talk to the manager? Why did he have to escalate it to a physical confrontation?

Actually . . .

frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject:

wow smush. you sure felt like a big man twisting a woman's arm. (bleep)!

men these days..... :roll:
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:

we can always count on you do stand out w/ your opinions when it's basketball related. but I never thought you'd be in favor of what this prick did.

(bleep) ridiculous.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Coming up next on a very special episode of 'When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong'
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject:

ignardlakerfan wrote:
TooCool wrote:

everyones not cool like you and can have cash all the time, everytime i have cash the misses always takes it, so thats why i don't carry any with me most of the time unless i'm going right from the bank to purchase whatever it is i'm buying. Buyt one would think that smushie would have 12 bucks on him, he is a millionare for christ sake

I think 99% of the men on here would make an attempt to grab their own car keys. imagine the scenario. are you telling me you wouldn't reach for your own keys? is that what you're saying? if so thats you. most people would. now the twisting of the arm thing is whatever. stop trying to make it seem like its a Man beating a woman thing. STop being stupid mr or mrs valet. thats all you are. let the man's keys go. shoot his kid may be dying for all you know. and he doesn't have to inform of that. and no he shouldn't have to pay an additl $12.00 if he pre paid previously(thats his words vs the valet). its the principal of the thing. dont try to get over on the rich guy just cause you can. Now on the other hand he stated he didn't have cash on him. which meant, if he did. he would've been ticked, but would've still paid the tab twice if need be.

GIVE ME MY KEYS. period. dont try to turn this into more then that. most people would snatch the keys or make an attempt to snatch the keys. man or woman. from a man or woman. dont act like he punched her for them. he probably grabbed them and she wouldn't let go."STUPID MOVE". and they commenced to struggle for the keys. now her arms is getting twisted. LOL at you trying to make this a man beating a woman situation.

Grabbing Your keys thats in the hands of someone else is not assault people. its grabbing your keys. now they can twist that into anything they want to.

some of yall are lying. I aint buying it. perhaps a couple of you wouldn't have attempted to get your own keys back. but most would. I've seen a many of girlfriend boyfriend argument go down. where one person decides not to give up the other persons car keys. and guess what happens? "GIVE ME MY *%%@ KEYS" here comes the key snatch. the other person doesn't let go. and someones arm are fingers are twisted/bent, etc. Stop acting like this is so abnormal. good grief. just cause you think smush is an idiot doesn't make this situation a dumb move. sure you can always say, "now look at what he has got himself into". how about, look at what that valet person created.

I'll tell you this. let me work valet. I will never hold someone's keys that wants them bad enough. sure i may say, "sir or ms, we can't give you the keys until you pay the $12 fee." if the guy or lady is angry enough and goes towards the key box, or i have their keys in my hand and they reach for them. I will give them up. WHY? because its not that serious. i can take this up with my mananger. its pretty obvious thats what happened anyway. why take it this far? But i know its the rich guys fault. it always is.
bshaw20
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject:

cue will smiths' song - miami

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: