*** Official Lakers @ Grizzlies Game Thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject:

It scares me that it took Fisher having his best game of the year, and a lot of good defensive sequences converting to fast break points, to come out with this victory. Very troubling. What are the odds he shoot's that well vs. NO?
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
I hate Phil Jackson. He gave Sasha 8 seconds and he could have at least given him the final 2 minutes. Phil Jackson is a grade A jerk.

Sasha was in there as a decoy on the last few seconds to spread the floor. Seems like he's a bit injured. He has played very well a few games, bringing that 10AM shooting touch into the night. When he did that this season, it was thrilling. He's not the greatest player, but so what....
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
It scares me that it took Fisher having his best game of the year, and a lot of good defensive sequences converting to fast break points, to come out with this victory. Very troubling. What are the odds he shoot that well vs. NO?

Bynum disappeared down in the block against Darko and Gasol. Kobe shot the ball relatively poorly. Kwame was relatively ineffective because of the length of Gasol and Darko. It seemed like Warrick was the key in why the Grizzlies were in the game, a lot of garbage work tonight.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
It scares me that it took Fisher having his best game of the year, and a lot of good defensive sequences converting to fast break points, to come out with this victory. Very troubling. What are the odds he shoot's that well vs. NO?

Weird, that was the thing that kept me real confident all game...
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:

Every game is different. They rode Fisher's shooting into a confident drift. They were lax, but not too lax. Kobe was not on to bail them out, so the D was pretty good when it was needed. Everytime they needed to push it a bit tonight, they were able to. I remember games the last few years where blowing leads meant blowing games. Farmar stabilized the bench crew very well. Everyone contributed, even Kwame.
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject:

LOL, postgame with Phil:

"Since you've been in L.A., is this the deepest Lakers team you've ever had?"
Phil, without hesitation: "No."

John Ireland says despite what Phil says, this is the deepest Lakers team he's seen since '96.

Amen to that!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject:

By the way, Kobe had his shots blocked twice. Maybe that early block by Darko took a little something off of his touch.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:
Another crap game by Kobe....

You guys need to learn the difference between shooting poorly and playing poorly. Kobe played good. Took the shots he was suppossed to take. Got to the line. Created for others. Kept the ball moving. Played good defense.

He just didn't shoot well.

One aspect of the game.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
DazedAndConfused
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
DazedAndConfused wrote:
The key thing to note is we are blowing teams out IN SPITE OF Kobe's subpar play. Our team has improved all around.

Kobe puts up 25 points offensively, and holds Miller in check for much of the game. And that's sub-par? High standards or what?!

Stats don't mean sh!t to me. I watched the entire game and Kobe made a ton of careless turnovers, shot a bunch of poor shots, etc. His D was good, I'll give him that.

He is the leader of our team and the best player in the NBA, you better believe I hold him to a higher standard than anyone else on the team.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject:

DazedAndConfused wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
DazedAndConfused wrote:
The key thing to note is we are blowing teams out IN SPITE OF Kobe's subpar play. Our team has improved all around.

Kobe puts up 25 points offensively, and holds Miller in check for much of the game. And that's sub-par? High standards or what?!

Stats don't mean (bleep) to me. I watched the entire game and Kobe made a ton of careless turnovers, shot a bunch of poor shots, etc. His D was good, I'll give him that.

He is the leader of our team and the best player in the NBA, you better believe I hold him to a higher standard than anyone else on the team.

Actually he shot only one bad shot all game and that was one he had to take against the shot clock...and no it was not him who dribbled the shot clock down.

A bunch of careless turnovers? He had 3.

I know you want to grasp at anything you can to bash Kobe Bryant but this is not a agme to do it. he shot poorly...the only aspect of the game he did porly in. Other than that, he played very good...and we won by double digits again. Stop whining.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
minorbravo
Star Player
Star Player

go lakers
BigHaDaddy
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe has high standards because he's supposed to be the best player in the game.

And KobehasMagic...shooting is only one aspect of the game?? To win the game..we have to score points, and to do that, the Lakers have to shoot the basketball. The more quality shots the Lakers take, the better chance that the Lakers score. Kobe is taking low quality shots, even against inferior teams. It's just not satisfying to watch Kobe play at this level.
DazedAndConfused
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject:

KobeHasTheMagic refuses to accept the reality of what Kobe has become this season. He's NOT driving to the hoop much, he's not taking the early easier shots, he's not even taking a good amount of high percentage shots. To say he had only one bad shot attempt this game is a complete stretching of the truth.

he one game where I felt he took great shots was against Houston when he scored nearly a dozen off the high pick and roll. It's almost as if Kobe doesn't want to take those wide open looks, he'd rather be shooting the fadeaway over someone. The showmanship part of Kobe's game is something that is his biggest flaw IMHO.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject:

DazedAndConfused wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
DazedAndConfused wrote:

Stats don't mean (bleep) to me. I watched the entire game and Kobe made a ton of careless turnovers, shot a bunch of poor shots, etc. His D was good, I'll give him that.

3 turnovers on the game. Shot poorly? Obvious. He wore Mike Miller on like seven or eight of his shots.

I'd rather Kobe shoot poorly, and blow Memphis out. Than score 60 points, and win by 2 points.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject:

BigHaDaddy wrote:
Kobe has high standards because he's supposed to be the best player in the game.

And KobehasMagic...shooting is only one aspect of the game?? To win the game..we have to score points, and to do that, the Lakers have to shoot the basketball. The more quality shots the Lakers take, the better chance that the Lakers score. Kobe is taking low quality shots, even against inferior teams. It's just not satisfying to watch Kobe play at this level.

He took one poor quality shot tonight. It was a fadeaway in the first quarter over two defenders when the shot clock was at 3 and he made it. The rest of his shots are shots that I definitely want Kobe Bryant taking. His defender was playing pretty far off him tonight and as all teams do they were scouting him at all times so it would be pretty impossible to consistently drive. It would have been nice if he hit a couple more shots so he could have opened up the drive more but that didn't happen. Que sera, sera. We won by double digits again.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject:

DazedAndConfused wrote:
KobeHasTheMagic refuses to accept the reality of what Kobe has become this season. He's NOT driving to the hoop much, he's not taking the early easier shots, he's not even taking a good amount of high percentage shots. To say he had only one bad shot attempt this game is a complete stretching of the truth.

he one game where I felt he took great shots was against Houston when he scored nearly a dozen off the high pick and roll. It's almost as if Kobe doesn't want to take those wide open looks, he'd rather be shooting the fadeaway over someone. The showmanship part of Kobe's game is something that is his biggest flaw IMHO.

I completely acceot what Kobe hyas become this season. A guy who doesn't have to do everything for this team anymore. A guy who is doing a a great job creating for others, both directly and by being a decoy. Kobe's shot selection is the ebst it has been in the past two years...because he finally has a decent supporting cast around him. So hes struggling with his shot a little...yeah it's tough for me to watch because of what I've come to expect out of him...but I'm certainly not worried. offense from kobe is the last thing I'm going to worry about with this team. The only aspect of his game right now that is a problem is his shooting percentage.....not his shot selection, not anything else. And I am 100% positive that he'll get it right whn he has too.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject:

DazedAndConfused wrote:

I completely acceot what Kobe hyas become this season. A guy who doesn't have to do everything for this team anymore. A guy who is doing a a great job creating for others, both directly and by being a decoy. Kobe's shot selection is the ebst it has been in the past two years...because he finally has a decent supporting cast around him. So hes struggling with his shot a little...yeah it's tough for me to watch because of what I've come to expect out of him...but I'm certainly not worried. offense from kobe is the last thing I'm going to worry about with this team. The only aspect of his game right now that is a problem is his shooting percentage.....not his shot selection, not anything else. And I am 100% positive that he'll get it right whn he has too.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Another win. One we were supposed to win. Kobe's struggling a little with his shot lately. I thought he forced a few. We're still inconsistent but improving. If we avoid the injury bug we'll remain a competitive entry. NO's next. They're playing good ball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: