LG Venus?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccerballer16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: LG Venus?

does anyone have this phone or have any of you used this phone? im thinking about buying it and i just want to know what you think about it....i dont want the voyager because its too bulky for me....
Sasha #1
I love maria sharapova
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: LG Venus?

soccerballer16 wrote:
does anyone have this phone or have any of you used this phone? im thinking about buying it and i just want to know what you think about it....i dont want the voyager because its too bulky for me....

Solid phone, but like the voyager it cant sniff the iphone. But ide describe it as solid imo, and a very light phone. Damn you verizon, turned down the iphone, they ought to be shot and beaten .
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: LG Venus?

lakers0505 wrote:
soccerballer16 wrote:

Solid phone, but like the voyager it cant sniff the iphone. But ide describe it as solid imo, and a very light phone. Damn you verizon, turned down the iphone, they ought to be shot and beaten .
iphone sucks until they release it in 3G and allow 3rd party apps. voyager and venus are both better choices than the iphone
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: LG Venus?

skin wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
soccerballer16 wrote:

iphone sucks until they release it in 3G and allow 3rd party apps. voyager and venus are both better choices than the iphone

I have an iphone and played around with my friend's venus. I thought the touch screen was difficult to use (especially compared with the iphone). Basically, LG just added a touch screen to the enV and the chocolate to make the venus and voyager. Although if I had my pick of those 2, I'd pick the voyager
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Damn the Venus looks sexy. I was playing with it today. It's $50 more than the Chocolate though, not sure If I want to trade up.

Also the FlipShot is nifty.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I got the Voyager and am also familiar with the Iphone. Voyager blows the Iphone away, no joke. It takes me 5 minutes to type up a text message on the Iphone and about 5 seconds on the Voyager using the keypad. Voyager also has GPS, T.V. and the Internet is twice as fast as the Iphones. Only thing better about the Iphone is the looks. Plus I can get up to 16 gigs on my Voyager, twice as much as the Iphone. And when my battery dies someday I can just replace it instead of having to throw the phone away. To the op...the Voyager is .7 inches, which is I believe just .2 inches thicker than the Venus. Barely even notice the difference. The Voyager also is half the price of the Iphone. Iphone needs a lot of improvements to catch up to the Voyager.
soccerballer16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject:

im not really concerned with the voyager because im not going to buy that i just want to know what you guys think about the LG Venus
Sasha #1
I love maria sharapova
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Looks vaguely female, but really a man. Has a brother named Serena.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject:

Gotta wait another 6 months b4 I can even think about getting a new phone. For now I'm stuck with the Chocolate. Anyone know any schemes to allow me to upgrade faster without having to shell out 6oo bucks for a new phone????
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject:

Wow, I just looked up the dimensions of the Venus and the depth is .62. So the difference is .08 inches between that and the Voyager. You might want to rethink your options.

Platinum...just wait the 6 months. There's no way around it. Unless you want to shell out an extra $100.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Looks vaguely female, but really a man. Has a brother named Serena.

soccerballer16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject:

so my 2 years arnt up yet..its only been a lil over a year....how much would it cost me to buy a new Venus??
Sasha #1
I love maria sharapova
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Gotta wait another 6 months b4 I can even think about getting a new phone. For now I'm stuck with the Chocolate. Anyone know any schemes to allow me to upgrade faster without having to shell out 6oo bucks for a new phone????
Yeah, google it. I'm pretty sure you can. (Something about the fact that they raised txt msg prices)
BoredTiger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: LG Venus?

lakers0505 wrote:
soccerballer16 wrote:

Actually, you should say damn APPLE for not finding a compromise with VZW.

VZW didn't want to see Apple iTunes on their handsets, because they have their own "Vcast" feature with entertainment, etc.

Apple, smartly decided it wasn't going to work. So they walked away. Only thing is, they lost the ability to use the high bandwith network that the VZW network would have been able to provide. Unlike Cingular/AT&T.

Also, the sheer number of VZW subscribers alone would have been an insane coup for iPhone, had they been able to broker a deal with VZW.

It comes down to business. VZW wanted to make money off the media downloads for themselves, and so did APPLE. They couldn't agree on anything so...ce la vie.

I found that the iPhone's touch screen is still by far the most intuitive and proven interface. Other handsets' touch interface does not seem to be as attuned as the iPhone's.

No matter what, I'm not switching to AT&T, so I guess I'll never use the iPhone.

If somehow the iPhone becomes available for Sprint or Verizon, then I'd switch in a heartbeat
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: LG Venus?

BoredTiger wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
soccerballer16 wrote:

Actually, you should say damn APPLE for not finding a compromise with VZW.

VZW didn't want to see Apple iTunes on their handsets, because they have their own "Vcast" feature with entertainment, etc.

Apple, smartly decided it wasn't going to work. So they walked away. Only thing is, they lost the ability to use the high bandwith network that the VZW network would have been able to provide. Unlike Cingular/AT&T.

Also, the sheer number of VZW subscribers alone would have been an insane coup for iPhone, had they been able to broker a deal with VZW.

It comes down to business. VZW wanted to make money off the media downloads for themselves, and so did APPLE. They couldn't agree on anything so...ce la vie.

I found that the iPhone's touch screen is still by far the most intuitive and proven interface. Other handsets' touch interface does not seem to be as attuned as the iPhone's.

No matter what, I'm not switching to AT&T, so I guess I'll never use the iPhone.

If somehow the iPhone becomes available for Sprint or Verizon, then I'd switch in a heartbeat

I think it came down to money.... VZ didn't want to pay Apple $18 per month for two years for each activated iPhone. Apple is laughing all the way to the bank... Think about that for second, $18 per active iPhone, per month for 24 months. I believe the number of active AT&T iPhones is in the neighborhood of 2 million.... do the math: (18*24)* 2 million

And that's not counting the revenue from the sell of the actual device.

As for the iPhone and AT&T, I said I would not switch to AT&T,.. but after getting an iTouch, I may have to reconsider...

Last edited by TACH on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject:

I think its default ring tone is the sound of a tennis ball being struck, and a simultaneous grunt/scream. (That's the Venus part.)

You also have the optional ringtone that just keeps yelling things like: "Odumb Sucks!!", "The front office is stupid!", and "I hate Puke!". (That's the LG part)
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Yeah, google it. I'm pretty sure you can. (Something about the fact that they raised txt msg prices)

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=712366
soccerballer16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject:

^^^thanks for that link..i think my account has 100 pre-payed txt messages does that count as a messaging package?
Sasha #1
I love maria sharapova
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: