Can Anyone Confirm? (Kwame To Be Waived - Will Join Lakers in 30 days)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Ventura about Diop. This roster is complete, we just need some more vets and defenders... the only real weakness we have on the bench is at backup center, so Diop would be perfect.

2008 Starters: Farmar/Kobe/LO/Gasol/Bynum
2008 Bench: Fisher/Sasha/Ariza/Ronny/Diop

Most dominant roster in the NBA.... very balanced.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
There are going to be some quality backup centers on the market after this season. #1 on my list would be Diop. I would also like to get Brian Skinner, he can be had for the vet min. Either one would be a better choice than Kwame.

get off the stuff vent. DIop is a good look. better then kwame? not really. cause his defense isn't what they say it is. just because he's like the only guy outside from devin harris and howard that plays de on the team. is the reason they rave about him. his offense is so so at best. sure he can catch. but can he do much else? No. is he crazy athletic? NO. what is he? a body. can he stop or slow yao? no. duncan? never, amare? yeah right. so then why pick him up again?

Skinner is a fairytale. skinner use to be decent. now he's just a body nothing more. no skinner can't guard any elite Center in the nba. sorry. if kwame was available after sitting out on waivers for a month healing up. i would take him over almost any of these other guys. and one last thing, kwame at least knows the triangle. and can pass very well for a center. that means something. he wouldn't have to learn anything new. just come in, pass it off vs trying to score. and play solid man defense. we would wear opposing C's down if thru bynum, kwame and gasol at them
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: