The Giants are the Super Bowl Champs !!!!!!!!!!1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: The Giants are the Super Bowl Champs !!!!!!!!!!1

I told you the Giants would beat the Pats granted I said 38-35 but the spread was right!

WOOHOO!

He may not be my Manning but he'll do and its only fitting the Patriots season was ended by another Manning lead team...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject:

He is my Manning! As a Giants fan, this couldn't be any more perfect. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, upset in Superbowl history.

And I will also say that this comeback by Eli is better....BETTER!!!...than the comeback by Joe Montana to John Taylor against the Bengals in Superbowl....was that 23 or 24?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Booby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject:

18 and 1 is pathetic. A tragic historical footnote for the ages.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Thank you, New York. I'd had it up to here with the NE arrogance.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Cant believe the Giants ruined history, what a waste.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Belichick showed what a classless joke he is by storming off the field before the game was over. Didn't he constantly run up the score and subject other coaches to having to watch their teams in defeat? Too bad he couldn't do the same thing. Not to mention what a great example he sets to the kids watching.

I lived in New York for a while and while I'm not a Giants fan, those fans have supported their team through lots of crap years and deserve this. Their D played outstanding (WOW at that DL) and Eli made plays when he had to. Great win or the Giants and I'm glad the lowlifes like Belichick, Harrison and Seymour got what they deserved.
tortuga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
Belichick showed what a classless joke he is by storming off the field before the game was over. Didn't he constantly run up the score and subject other coaches to having to watch their teams in defeat? Too bad he couldn't do the same thing. Not to mention what a great example he sets to the kids watching.

I lived in New York for a while and while I'm not a Giants fan, those fans have supported their team through lots of crap years and deserve this. Their D played outstanding (WOW at that DL) and Eli made plays when he had to. Great win or the Giants and I'm glad the lowlifes like Belichick, Harrison and Seymour got what they deserved.

+1

What goes around, comes around. Plus, with their video tape scandal, I say they deserved this. I'm actually glad they went 16-0 during the season. This was just perfect ending.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
He is my Manning! As a Giants fan, this couldn't be any more perfect. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, upset in Superbowl history.

And I will also say that this comeback by Eli is better....BETTER!!!...than the comeback by Joe Montana to John Taylor against the Bengals in Superbowl....was that 23 or 24?

It was 23 but next year it will be the Manning Bowl
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Thank God!!! i don't know if i could have survived the media's " the patriots...the best team ever" all week long.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Yeah, I remember now. 24 was the rout of Denver.

And Manning bowl? Bring it! We ain't the Chicago Bears!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
aFFie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I don't think another Manning will ever make the superbowl again.
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Now hopefully the Celts will follow suit in choking the big game away. Love the Giants since the days of LT, Simms, Bavaro, McConkey, Hostetler, Carson, Banks, Marshall etc...

Lauryn Hill sums up my feelings for the Pats...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
As a Giants fan, this couldn't be any more perfect. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, upset in Superbowl history.

I've watched a bunch of these games going back to when they only took a few "I" to denote them. This was one of the more exciting ones.

So congrats Giants fan. That was a ton of fun to watch and your guys walk away with the trophy - as it should be. It was VERY well earned.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
KBryantisclutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject:

That play with about a minute left on 3rd and 5. . .incredible. How he even got the throw off and how it was caught, amazing. Fabulous finish.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject:

After the Red Sox won their first World Series title in 86 years, a lot of people in Red Sox Nation dubbed the Yankees losing the ALCS after being up 3 games to none the biggest choke job in sports history. I argued that you have to be talking about the championship game for anything to qualify as the biggest choke.

Well guess what New England fans, you now have your new standard in choking.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:

No doubt.

Watching all the pregame stuff for the last couple of weeks (and more) made it clear that these guys assumed they were done - all they had to do was step off the plane in Phoenix and they had a ring. And they played like it.

And their reward?

They get to be one of the most embarrassed participants in the Superbowl ever. That was their game to lose and they lost it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
After the Red Sox won their first World Series title in 86 years, a lot of people in Red Sox Nation dubbed the Yankees losing the ALCS after being up 3 games to none the biggest choke job in sports history. I argued that you have to be talking about the championship game for anything to qualify as the biggest choke.

And just to add salt to those freshly open wounds....

http://www.rbk.com/us/perfectville/
showtimelakers04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject:

Oh that video is hilarious, especially now after the final score.
What a great ending! A collapse like that couldnt of happened to a more deserving group. I dont think theres a team I despise more in sports than the patriots. Watching them crash and burn right at the finish line is satisfying beyond words
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject:

Funny, I don't remember Joe Montana throwing panicky lawn darts when he took a few hits.
BoredTiger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject:

haha, I wasn't even watching the game until my neighbors were shouting and hollering. Made me wonder if something crazy happened. Then I turned on the TV and caught the final minute.

What an AMAZING clutch performance by the GIANTS.

I've hated the Patriots ever since that snowy Super Bowl game against the Raiders. That was A SACK!!! GDAMMNIT!!! I HATE THE PATRIOTS!!!
swcom120
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject:

Yeah Baby!!!!!!! Im a little late this morning, I did plenty of celebrating last night. Unbelieveable game last night. It finally showed my fiance why I am so passionate about sports. For moments like that. There is nothing better than watching your team, not only win the Championship, but do it when all the odds were stacked against them. This will be a season to remember for this Giants fan. I got to watch my first game in person this year. And to get to say that I saw the 2007-8 Championship team play in person will be something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

So many stories inside the game. To beat the undefeated Pats, the way Eli proved a lot of people wrong, the clutch plays, ect. Crazy is the best way to describe it. Being just as huge a Laker fan this was even better to watch. Knowing that the Giants took out another Boston team was great. Especially when they went ahead and had a trademark put on 19-0 and the "perfect season".

A very special day indeed. Now its time for the Lake show to get one.

Go Lakers!!!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject:

ESPN

Quote:
Super Bowl XLII viewership might be headed toward record
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Very preliminary findings from 49 of the nation's biggest markets showed that ratings for the New York Giants' thrilling Super Bowl win over the New England Patriots were up 9 percent over last year's big game, according to Nielsen Media Research on Monday.

Experts say those numbers indicate the game has a strong shot at being the most-watched Super Bowl of all time, and the second most-watched broadcast ever.

The game had a 43.3 rating and 63 share, Nielsen said. That's up from the 42.7 rating and 62 share in metered markets last year. Nielsen did not immediately have an estimate of how many people watched the game.

The metered market average this year was also missing Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston and Dallas due to Nielsen delays.

The most-watched telecast of all time was the 1983 finale of "M-A-S-H," seen by 106 million people. The most-watched Super Bowl ever was the 1996 game between Dallas and Pittsburgh, with 94.1 million people.

Last year's game between Indianapolis and Chicago was seen by 93.2 million people, Nielsen said.

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject:

That was truly amazing. Never bet against a Manning. My son, me and my boys were going straight up crazy once Plaxico caught that pass.

F Boston

Perfect season DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Yeah, I remember now. 24 was the rout of Denver.

And Manning bowl? Bring it! We ain't the Chicago Bears!!!

We aren't the Patriots either!
Skate
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject:

Ares24 wrote:
Thank God!!! i don't know if i could have survived the media's " the patriots...the best team ever" all week long.

That's the exact and pretty much the only reason why I was screaming out of joy when the Giants scored that last touch down. I soooo did not want to hear/read about the Patriots and Tom Brady! I was willing to avoid any type of Sports network and paper, for an entire week just so that I wouldn't have to hear about them. I don't even watch football. I was even irritated when I saw my roommate watching the game because I was so sure that the Patriots were going to win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: