Who will Win a Ring First Shaq or Kobe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will Win a Ring First Shaq or Kobe
1=Shaq
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
2=Kobe
86%
 86%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 61

DALOGO
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Who will Win a Ring First Shaq or Kobe

Looking at this past year with Shaq getting to the east conf finals and kobe not making the playoff's and the clippers having a better rec than is the question needs to be asked I mean Shaq got closer but close dont mean anything. So who will win one first?
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Mods lock?
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

i voted kobe because i refuse to think about atboy winning anything...
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Kobe. He has Phil Jackson now and this year if we get Damon Stoudimire. We would have a good team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I think last year was Shaq's best shot at a title. I expect locker room problems begining this year with the Heat. They will also be in salary cap hell once they lock up Shaq.

Shaq is not the young dominant player he used to be. So I dont expect too many players taking pay cuts just to play with him this time around. If Shaq does win another title it will be in a support role. The days of Finals MVP for Shaq are over.
DALOGO
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:

VonWafer&KobeBryantFa wrote:
Kobe. He has Phil Jackson now and this year if we get Damon Stoudimire. We would have a good team.

Man o Man Damon Stoudimire Man what was he smoking again?
T I
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject:

It's worse than I first diagnosed, threaditis with a case of pollitis.

I pray for a cure.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject:

T I wrote:
It's worse than I first diagnosed, threaditis with a case of pollitis.

I pray for a cure.

Amputate!
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
I think last year was Shaq's best shot at a title. I expect locker room problems begining this year with the Heat. They will also be in salary cap hell once they lock up Shaq.

Shaq is not the young dominant player he used to be. So I dont expect too many players taking pay cuts just to play with him this time around. If Shaq does win another title it will be in a support role. The days of Finals MVP for Shaq are over.

Yup. If he was going to win, it would have been last year. (and I'm glad he didn't). He looked absoloutely miserable in the ECF vs the Pistons. It's highly unlikely that Shaq wins another title in his career.

At his best, Shaq could carry a team for three quarters, but he was never succesful until he had a closer (Kobe) that could dominate teams in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately for Shaq, and fortunately for Laker fans, Dwyane Wade is not yet the player that can consistently win games for the Heat in the 4th quarter. He may be at some point in his career, and soon, but Shaq's ability to dominate teams physically for three quarters of play are days long gone.

Against Detroit, he was able to dominate for a single quarter - the first - and then disappeared. I just don't think Wade's development is going to happen quickly enough for Shaq to win again. The possibility of the Heat acquiring that player is also thin, because such a trade would surely require the inclusion of Dwyane Wade, and the Heat aren't likely to give him up at this stage in his career.

Sorry Shaq, you lose. Again.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject:

djb wrote:
Mods lock?

My poll got locked. I can take it since it was incensitive to Turiaf as some posters felt. But what's the reason for asking this to be locked? Because you have four stars?
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject:

startrex wrote:
djb wrote:
Mods lock?

My poll got locked. I can take it since it was incensitive to Turiaf as some posters felt. But what's the reason for asking this to be locked? Because you have four stars?

Because this guy has now posted numerous threads asking stupid questions that have been rehashed and reargued hundreds of times, and at least one of his threads was just locked because of this.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:

djb wrote:
startrex wrote:
djb wrote:
Mods lock?

Because this guy has now posted numerous threads asking stupid questions that have been rehashed and reargued hundreds of times, and at least one of his threads was just locked because of this.

Then probably a poll or thread should be submitted to moderator first before being asked to be locked. Would you agree? If you are talking about stupid clueless threads, there are many here.
DALOGO
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject:

look Dude Just because you have 4 stars dont mean it's a stupid question? I have yet to see a poll asking this question the one about mitch yes was locked I did not know it was asked so many time also No question is stupid it is stupid not to ask!
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject:

How does my having "4 stars" ahve anything to do with whether this thread is stupid?

Whether I have no stars or 4 stars, I would have thought the same when I read this thread.
LakerWalt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Djb has 4 stars and I have 3 stars. Our 7 stars think your polls are lame.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Who will Win a Ring First Shaq or Kobe

DALOGO wrote:
Looking at this past year with Shaq getting to the east conf finals and kobe not making the playoff's and the clippers having a better rec than is the question needs to be asked I mean Shaq got closer but close dont mean anything. So who will win one first?

DALOGO: either drop the threads, or ask Snaq out on a date.
Millerb81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject:

DALOGO wrote:
look Dude Just because you have 4 stars dont mean it's a stupid question? I have yet to see a poll asking this question the one about mitch yes was locked I did not know it was asked so many time also No question is stupid it is stupid not to ask!

Your question was stupid! You're driving people nuts.
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Hmmmm. That's 6 people now who agree with me.

Or, if you like, 16 stars.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject:

djb wrote:
How does my having "4 stars" ahve anything to do with whether this thread is stupid?

Whether I have no stars or 4 stars, I would have thought the same when I read this thread.

Well in that case look at your lame reply to "Who will start at PG" poll.
You said Payton.
What a joke. If that poll is smarter than this poll, tell me which part?
You are choosing a player we dont have yet. Worse, we probably won't plan to sign.
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Uhhhhh... no.
LakerWalt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:

startrex wrote:
djb wrote:

Well in that case look at your lame reply to "Who will start at PG" poll.
You said Payton.
What a joke. If that poll is smarter than this poll, tell me which part?
You are choosing a player we dont have yet. Worse, we probably won't plan to sign.

No one in that PG poll is on the team yet. Please, buy a clue.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I think last year was Shaq's last chance to win a ring. I don't think he will average more than 18 points this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject:

The windows of opportunity for Shaq is getting narrower. Next season, I expect to see the Pacers coming out of the East with Artest, and new PG they just signed and all the core group from last year. A fully healthy Jermaine Oneal and "calmer" Artest will lead the way. IF Shaq cannot win the East next season, his chance is getting slimmer as he gets older.

Menawhile Kobe and 2007 plan seems to be on the right track. We'll make the playoff next year, IMO. How far we can go depends on how clicking we are before the playoffs. But in the short run (3-5 years) Kobe seems to have a better chance. In the first 2 years from now, other teams will prevent Shaq from winning. In 2007/08 if the plan works out, we'll come out of West and meet the winner of East which will unlikely be Shaq and the Heat.
Purpleball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject:

KOBE

Shaq has begun his downward spiral.
Purpleball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:

djb wrote:
Mods lock?

DJB

do you need to over annalize every post? If you dont like the posts or subject then don't read them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: