Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Epic collapse.
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject:

After watching a few games, I've come to the realization that college ball sucks. It's probably because im used to seeing nba caliber players. I dont care how hard college players play, they just dont have the skills i crave. I want to see skills! Not dribble around...pass interior. kick back out...dribble around...pass interior...kick back out....20 secs still on shot clock...foul.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

They're sleeping giants.™

And always will be.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Pathetic choke job by Memphis cost me $50

Combined with an awful day in poker (lost on all 4 AK's I had and also on a KK) this is one of my worst gambling days ever.

Thanks for nothing Chris Douglas-No-Make-A-Free-Throw-Roberts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I noticed Rose did not want this game. He gave up the ball way too early and often. He played well, but wasn't selfish enough.Nice of him to get everyone else involved, but at certain points you have to want it and you have to go get it.

Rose did not do that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Teamof2000 wrote:
After watching a few games, I've come to the realization that college ball sucks. It's probably because im used to seeing nba caliber players. I dont care how hard college players play, they just dont have the skills i crave. I want to see skills! Not dribble around...pass interior. kick back out...dribble around...pass interior...kick back out....20 secs still on shot clock...foul.

Yeah, I always watch the final four, finals game every year. That's it though - college players really just can't shoot. There are always 5+ minute field goal drouts, the shot clocks are way too long, I just don't like this game.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject:

"We'll make free throws in the final four minutes when we need them."

Not tonight.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Damn! Well its a good thing I didn't bother to watch this game not that I cared for either team but I rather see Memphis win over Kansas. I don't like them at all namely their fans.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
"We'll make free throws in the final four minutes when we need them."

Not tonight.

Scoreboard.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I noticed Rose did not want this game. He gave up the ball way too early and often. He played well, but wasn't selfish enough.Nice of him to get everyone else involved, but at certain points you have to want it and you have to go get it.

Rose did not do that.

Thats ridiculous. Rose is a true freshman playing in the national championship, has a stomach virus and is the center of attention from 3 very good Kansas guards defensively. Even then he still took over in the 2nd half when Memphis got some separation.

People can sit here watching on TV and blasting these kids for choking but not many 18-21 yr olds are going to be able to consistently knock down FTs when the national championship is on the line. There were coaching mistakes and it was a tough loss for Memphis, but some players are being unfairly criticized.

Nonetheless, it was a hell of a game.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
Teamof2000 wrote:

Yeah, I always watch the final four, finals game every year. That's it though - college players really just can't shoot. There are always 5+ minute field goal drouts, the shot clocks are way too long, I just don't like this game.

Doubly agree. That 30 something shot clock they got going is killing their game.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Laker Predictions
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Chris Robert-Davis or whatever choked when it was important. Memphis had that game wrapped up, and couldn't hit free throws or defend. Amazing comeback by Kansas. Mario Chalmers was outstanding.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Damn! Well its a good thing I didn't bother to watch this game not that I cared for either team but I rather see Memphis win over Kansas. I don't like them at all namely their fans.

How can use the nickname Basketball fan and not bother to watch the championship game.

I didnt care who won. Wanted a good close game and I got it. That 3 was amazing. Chalmers technically tied the game, but he pretty much won it for them right then sending it to OT with all the mo.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject:

Glad I didn't bet on the Final 4 because Kansas was the pick I wouldn't have picked.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

How can use the nickname Basketball fan and not bother to watch the championship game.

I didnt care who won. Wanted a good close game and I got it. That 3 was amazing. Chalmers technically tied the game, but he pretty much won it for them right then sending it to OT with all the mo.

I didn't bother to watch the game because I had a project to complete for a class later this week. That takes precedence. I could've taped it but my brother would've spoiled it for me like he always does
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject:

Anybody see anything wrong with:

Quote:
Roy Williams, wearing a Jayhawk sticker over his heart on a black shirt, sat about 10 rows behind the Kansas bench, next to his daughter, a KU graduate...

Just curious to what LG'er thought of UNC couch Roy Williams rocking a KU logo last night during the championship game...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:

Quote:
Roy Williams, wearing a Jayhawk sticker over his heart on a black shirt, sat about 10 rows behind the Kansas bench, next to his daughter, a KU graduate...

Just curious to what LG'er thought of UNC couch Roy Williams rocking a KU logo last night during the championship game...

I saw this on Mike and Mike in the Morning and well I can understand that if he was with his daughter in the KU section no less. Should he root for Memphis around a bunch of KU fans? They were debating it. They didn't think he was betraying them but they did say it does make one wonder.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject:

One of the biggest collapse.

Rose, even with the missed FT, was outstanding. He picked apart Kansas defense on the 2nd half.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quote:

I saw this on Mike and Mike in the Morning and well I can understand that if he was with his daughter in the KU section no less. Should he root for Memphis around a bunch of KU fans? They were debating it. They didn't think he was betraying them but they did say it does make one wonder.

The Kansas-UNC connections goes very deep. Roy is still a Jayhawk and still has ties there (I did not know about his daughter).

Coaches are allowed to root for other teams.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject:

No one seemed to care much about it when they showed him during the game or when they interviewed him at halftime. I understand he was there supporting his old team and his former players who are KU fans.

That said, his current team just got bounced by the Jayhawks. Supporting KU is one thing, but sporting KU paraphernalia on national TV is something else. Imagine if Mike Dunleavy showed up at game 1 of the Lakers/Pacers in 2000 wearing a throwback A.C. Green jersey.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject:

^^I have no issue with rooting for the Jayhawks... there is a history there, and I read he had nine players on that team (that's hard to believe, how long ago did he coach there? Seems longer than 4 years), but rocking the KU logo, I think is a little overboard.

Either way, I always saw Roy Williams as a class act, so I will let this slide
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
^^I have no issue with rooting for the Jayhawks... there is a history there, and I read he had nine players on that team (that's hard to believe, how long ago did he coach there? Seems longer than 4 years), but rocking the KU logo, I think is a little overboard.

He left 5 years ago. None of his kids are still there, but I think he (or someone else) was saying that some of his former players were at the game.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject:

Roy may have been sucking up to the KU fans that have been hanging him in effigy for leaving them. I think all should be forgiven since Bill Self won the title that Roy could never do for them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: