Best of "Underground" H.I.P. H.O.P.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject:

Thanks Tach for reviving this thread.

I can listen to Lyrics Born once in awhile but it's not something that can stay consistently in my rotation.

Some music to chill out to.
40 Winks - Rap About That

Nomak feat. Pismo - Geisha in the Days

Flashbaxx - Jack of All Trades

Nujabes - Horizon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
Thanks Tach for reviving this thread.

I can listen to Lyrics Born once in awhile but it's not something that can stay consistently in my rotation.

Some music to chill out to.
40 Winks - Rap About That

Nomak feat. Pismo - Geisha in the Days

Flashbaxx - Jack of All Trades

Nujabes - Horizon


I like Nujabes (never heard of them/him before) ... it reminded me of Fat Jon (who I just heard for the first time on my Pandora Station about a week of so ago). When I was looking for a Youtube link for Day by Fat Jon, I saw that Nujabes and Fat Jon have some songs together (No Way Back)! Small world!

Here are some more smooth chill type ish:

Panacea:

Flashback To Stardom
Pop Said
Katana
Scenic Route
Square 1
Epiphany


Last edited by TACH on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mation
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 3599

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject:

edit

Last edited by Mation on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2790

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Anyone heard Charles Hamilton? Or Jay Electronica.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
rchanou wrote:
Thanks Tach for reviving this thread.

I can listen to Lyrics Born once in awhile but it's not something that can stay consistently in my rotation.

Some music to chill out to.
40 Winks - Rap About That

Nomak feat. Pismo - Geisha in the Days

Flashbaxx - Jack of All Trades

Nujabes - Horizon


I like Nujabes (never heard of them/him before) ... it reminded me of Fat Jon (who I just heard for the first time on my Pandora Station about a week of so ago). When I was looking for a Youtube link for Day by Fat Jon, I saw that Nujabes and Fat Jon have some songs together (No Way Back)! Small world!

Here are some more smooth chill type ish:

Panacea:

Flashback To Stardom
Square 1
Pop Said
Epiphany
Scenic Route


Damn TACH! You're always schooling me on some new ish.

Not really underground but it's stuck in my head.

My Drive Thru - Pharrell, Julian C, Santogold


Lupe Fiasco & A-Trak - Me and My Sneakers


Destruments feat. J2 - Soft Hash


Last edited by rchanou on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
Anyone heard Charles Hamilton? Or Jay Electronica.


I have some stuff by Jay Electronica....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
TACH wrote:
rchanou wrote:
Thanks Tach for reviving this thread.

I can listen to Lyrics Born once in awhile but it's not something that can stay consistently in my rotation.

Some music to chill out to.
40 Winks - Rap About That

Nomak feat. Pismo - Geisha in the Days

Flashbaxx - Jack of All Trades

Nujabes - Horizon


I like Nujabes (never heard of them/him before) ... it reminded me of Fat Jon (who I just heard for the first time on my Pandora Station about a week of so ago). When I was looking for a Youtube link for Day by Fat Jon, I saw that Nujabes and Fat Jon have some songs together (No Way Back)! Small world!

Here are some more smooth chill type ish:

Panacea:

Flashback To Stardom
Square 1
Pop Said
Epiphany
Scenic Route


Damn TACH! You're always schooling me on some new ish.

Not really underground but it's stuck in my head.

My Drive Thru - Pharrell, Julian C, Santogold


Lupe Fiasco & A-Trak - Me and My Sneakers


Destruments feat. J2 - Soft Hash


My Drive Thru was on some copies of N.E.R.D.'s latest album (not on the one I got, but that's what the web is for ).

I heard about Panacea via XM.... one of the cats in the group has a progressive hip hop show on XM called Subsoniq (ProgHipHop.com)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject:

The Knux - Cappuccino
Santogold -Creator
Kid Cudi - Day and Night
Kid Sister - Damn Girl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 13197
Location: @ the beach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
Santogold -Creator
I thought that was M.I.A.
sound alot alike!
_________________
♪ ♫One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain...
So hit me with music! ♪ ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
rchanou wrote:
Santogold -Creator
I thought that was M.I.A.
sound alot alike!


That is the only song they sound real similar. Santogold is from Brooklyn and her style is more hip-hop/electronic/punk. Both artists are good.

Santogold - You'll Find A Way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject:

If you like the production behind Cunninlynguists, checkout the Kno's Excrementals Vol. 1 - 5 (instrumentals).

Vol. 1 and 4 are my favs, but they are all pretty good...

Excrementals Vol. 1 (2004)
01) Lynguistics
02) Missing Children
03) Halfanimal
04) The South
05) Interlude 1
06) Nasty Filthy
07) Appreciation
08 ) Interlude 2
09) Lucifer [RMX]
10) Allure [RMX]
11) 99 Problems [RMX]
12) Justify My Thug [RMX]
13) Rock Stars
14) Dirtay
15) Forever Shine
16) Arrogant

Excrementals Vol. 4 (2005)
01) Interlude 1
02) Time (What Is It?)
03) Since When
04) Friendgirl
05) Interlude 2
06) Hourglass
07) Caved In
08 ) WCG
09) Brain Cell
10) What’ll You Do
11) Interlude 3
12) Clap
13) The Gates
14) Break Even
15) Excuses
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
If you like the production behind Cunninlynguists, checkout the Kno's Excrementals Vol. 1 - 5 (instrumentals).

Vol. 1 and 4 are my favs, but they are all pretty good...

Excrementals Vol. 1 (2004)
01) Lynguistics
02) Missing Children
03) Halfanimal
04) The South
05) Interlude 1
06) Nasty Filthy
07) Appreciation
08 ) Interlude 2
09) Lucifer [RMX]
10) Allure [RMX]
11) 99 Problems [RMX]
12) Justify My Thug [RMX]
13) Rock Stars
14) Dirtay
15) Forever Shine
16) Arrogant

Excrementals Vol. 4 (2005)
01) Interlude 1
02) Time (What Is It?)
03) Since When
04) Friendgirl
05) Interlude 2
06) Hourglass
07) Caved In
08 ) WCG
09) Brain Cell
10) What’ll You Do
11) Interlude 3
12) Clap
13) The Gates
14) Break Even
15) Excuses


Thanks. I enjoy Kno's production more than I enjoy Cunninlyguists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 16688

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
TACH wrote:
If you like the production behind Cunninlynguists, checkout the Kno's Excrementals Vol. 1 - 5 (instrumentals).

Vol. 1 and 4 are my favs, but they are all pretty good...

Excrementals Vol. 1 (2004)
01) Lynguistics
02) Missing Children
03) Halfanimal
04) The South
05) Interlude 1
06) Nasty Filthy
07) Appreciation
08 ) Interlude 2
09) Lucifer [RMX]
10) Allure [RMX]
11) 99 Problems [RMX]
12) Justify My Thug [RMX]
13) Rock Stars
14) Dirtay
15) Forever Shine
16) Arrogant

Excrementals Vol. 4 (2005)
01) Interlude 1
02) Time (What Is It?)
03) Since When
04) Friendgirl
05) Interlude 2
06) Hourglass
07) Caved In
08 ) WCG
09) Brain Cell
10) What’ll You Do
11) Interlude 3
12) Clap
13) The Gates
14) Break Even
15) Excuses


Thanks. I enjoy Kno's production more than I enjoy Cunninlyguists.


definitely agree. Kno > emcees.

By the way, im really feeling this track right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHdNgkdyG_g
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
marloveslakers24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 767

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject:

nujabes - feathers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject:

H.I.S.D. (Hueston Independent Spit District):

Summertime 2

Pay As You Go Flow

Only A Fool Video
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Blu - All The Kings Men
Murs - Can It Be
Damu The Fudgemunk - Randi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
Blu - All The Kings Men
Murs - Can It Be
Damu The Fudgemunk - Randi


Love Blu.... my fav is Just Another Day.

Blu & Pacific Division - Crash TV Freestyle

Johnson and Jonson - Bout It Bout It. The album is dropping next month (Powder & Oils)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 16688

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
Blu - All The Kings Men
Murs - Can It Be
Damu The Fudgemunk - Randi
that MURS track is off the hook!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Neon Collars - “I’m On A Run” featuring Kay of The Foundation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 9657
Location: Chattanooga, TN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Neon Collars - “I’m On A Run” featuring Kay of The Foundation


You should see mixtapes.
_________________
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03mnm3CZeXU&feature=iv
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject:

Magic by J '8 Months Lewis' f. Kay of The Foundation, D. Rose, DJ Cozmos


The Xtra P aka Large Professor of Main Source is dropping an album next months... from what I heard so far, its tight.

If you come across "Hardcore Hip Hop" or "Hot: Sizzling, Scorching, Torching, Blazing", give them a listen, the beats/production are on point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15248
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn3WIwZNroc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aluolaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 104

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Magic by J '8 Months Lewis' f. Kay of The Foundation, D. Rose, DJ Cozmos


The Xtra P aka Large Professor of Main Source is dropping an album next months... from what I heard so far, its tight.

If you come across "Hardcore Hip Hop" or "Hot: Sizzling, Scorching, Torching, Blazing", give them a listen, the beats/production are on point.


this is a sick song.

all good stuff in this thread. but no Living Legends? although i think someone mentioned Murs.

just went to rock the bells last week, so i've been listening to a bunch of old school stuff since ATCQ, Pharcyde, De La Soul, Rakim were all there.

and TACH seriously, your avatar basically sums up good music... damn good taste
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Just because this is one of the best rap songs ever made.

Article about Ahmad

Ahmad - Back in the Day (Jeep Mix)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 2 of 48
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB