Mac Commercials (PC vs MAC)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Mac Commercials (PC vs MAC)

Am I the only one that thinks these commercials are classless? I mean you don't see Microsoft trying to put down everything Apple has done to sell more PCs. My respect for Apple is at an all time low. Especially after that Yoga commercial.
Pajamahadeen
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Where one relaxes on the axis of the wheels of life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject:

It's because of the deep-rooted insecurity of Apple and their users. I'm happy with my rig and don't even think about apple until their rude, condescending commercials or customers are in my face.

May Jerry Buss drink the blood of every Celtic, Sp*r and Phoenix team player!

January 20, 2009<------- When John McCain is sworn in as President.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I don't think they're that bad. Found them really clever at first, but like everything, they've gotten old.

Heard they really bother Gates though.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject:

classless? they're trying to sell that their product is better than the alternative. should they be giving microsoft props?
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Pajamahadeen wrote:
It's because of the deep-rooted insecurity of Apple and their users. I'm happy with my rig and don't even think about apple until their rude, condescending commercials or customers are in my face.

forgot to mention arrogance, I work in an IT department and have used all 3 major OS's (windows, os x, and linux) each has their pros and cons but I dont think I can get so into an os to throw down like some people here on LG
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject:

Insecure, Rude & Condescending.... that's rich coming from some of the posters on LG... Look in the mirror much? Pot Kettle Black.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PwrGetter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject:

It's like dirty political adds.
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mac Commercials (PC vs MAC)

skin wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks these commercials are classless? I mean you don't see Microsoft trying to put down everything Apple has done to sell more PCs. My respect for Apple is at an all time low. Especially after that Yoga commercial.

Whether you think they're classless or not, they're working as more and more people are either switching to Mac or have both OSes within their households.

And lets not forget that MS still has 90%+ of the desktop market. If MS wants to do similar adds, they could but how dicky would they look? It would be like a bully picking on the little guy in the playground.

There's a point to the commercials, which I agree are getting a bit old, and if MS wants to counterpoint them, they should. But I don't think they can, except on the gaming and "we have more apps than you" front.
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject:

BTW. You can toss this argument to this thread.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=55590

Have fun.
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject:

The recent ad actually shows why Apple will never be a big player under their current ways. The ad I am referring to where the reason Mac has less problems than the PC because all the add-ons are made by Apple.
Imagine if Microsoft tried to do that, the government would be all over them.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mac Commercials (PC vs MAC)

skin wrote:

LMAO . . . a little oversensitive, don't ya think?

"classless"?

Oh please.

Those commercials are funny - and obviously spot on judging from the reaction of some PC users.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject:

Pajamahadeen wrote:

Who is "insecure"? The Apple folk who have a little fun, or the PC people who get bent out of shape and offended by a TV commercial that pokes fun at their computers?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject:

Never a dull moment with professor falken

huh nlbford?
Pajamahadeen
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Where one relaxes on the axis of the wheels of life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfield wrote:
The recent ad actually shows why Apple will never be a big player under their current ways. The ad I am referring to where the reason Mac has less problems than the PC because all the add-ons are made by Apple.
Imagine if Microsoft tried to do that, the government would be all over them.

You can blame that on Steve Jobs. To him, it's always been personal and that's why he LOST. That's why Microsoft dominates it's market and Apple is relegated to the "Us against THEM" mentality. Steve Jobs has said exactly ONE truthful phrase in his entire lifetime. The man abandoned his daughter, abandoned the mother of his daughter, but once every 20 years or so he says something honest. Here's to the year 2017

Steve Jobs 1997-

"If we want to move forward and see Apple healthy and prospering again, we have to let go of a few things here. We have to let go of this notion that for Apple to win, Microsoft has to lose. We have to embrace a notion that for Apple to win, Apple has to do a really good job."

That is Steve being humble. That's why, for the Imac-ipod era, Steve Jobs was a great leader. He was humble.

Now Steve Jobs is back to his ego and insecurity. He's still playing the "Our stuff is better than yours" song. It's the same old song and dance from "The Steve". He never learns. He's back to his same old tricks. A few years of success, followed by a few years of arrogance, followed by IBM Compatible, Vista Machines dominating the market.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

May Jerry Buss drink the blood of every Celtic, Sp*r and Phoenix team player!

January 20, 2009<------- When John McCain is sworn in as President.
JD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject:

They're trying to sell a product they and their condescending users think is superior.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Anyone read the latest Wired about Jobs, how much of a control freak he is, how super secretive Apple is (and people think Microsoft is bad?), and what a complete a***&*hole Jobs is?

Nothing to do with the commercials, I was just wondering if anyone else read it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Anyone read the latest Wired about Jobs, how much of a control freak he is, how super secretive Apple is (and people think Microsoft is bad?), and what a complete a***&*hole Jobs is?

Nothing to do with the commercials, I was just wondering if anyone else read it.

I saw Steve's wrath first hand back in Japan as I covered one the first Macworld Tokyos he went to. A QT demo didn't go as planned and he RAILED into his subordinates afterwards. Then he walked the floor and didn't like some of the pamphlets that were out there and got into his marketing people as well.

As for the other parts, I think secretive is good for the computer industry when there's the "uh, should I wait for the next upgrade" mentality in consumers. If you start leaking everything, people will wait and you have bloat in your inventory. The only reason the iPhone was leaked early was because of FCC authorization that would take 6 months.

Steve might be the biggest a-hole in the industry (next to Larry Ellison) but his core team has been with him for years and people kill to work at Apple. So I guess he's the good type of a-hole.
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject:

In my opinion,

LG'ers use the word classless every 3rd thread.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject:

Anything is better than Vista though thats for sure. I have Windows XP and I refuse to upgrade to Vista.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Mac Commercials (PC vs MAC)

kevin wrote:
skin wrote:

Whether you think they're classless or not, they're working as more and more people are either switching to Mac or have both OSes within their households.

And lets not forget that MS still has 90%+ of the desktop market. If MS wants to do similar adds, they could but how dicky would they look? It would be like a bully picking on the little guy in the playground.

There's a point to the commercials, which I agree are getting a bit old, and if MS wants to counterpoint them, they should. But I don't think they can, except on the gaming and "we have more apps than you" front.
So Apple can have these kinds of commercials but if Microsoft does, then it makes them bullies? Honestly, I think Macs are better than PCs, so it seems to me that Mac is picking on Microsoft. But they might need to to show people how good a Mac is.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
They're trying to sell a product they and their condescending users think is superior.

Because Leopard > Vista....
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
JD wrote:

What about the Zune versus the iPod?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Tottenham wrote:
TACH wrote:
JD wrote:

What about the Zune versus the iPod?
What's a Zune?
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac Commercials (PC vs MAC)

skin wrote:
So Apple can have these kinds of commercials but if Microsoft does, then it makes them bullies? Honestly, I think Macs are better than PCs, so it seems to me that Mac is picking on Microsoft. But they might need to to show people how good a Mac is.

I think we're going around in circles here and I think it goes back to the famous line in "Spinal Tap".

"There's a fine line between clever and stupid."

Whereas I think the commercials are clever and you think they're stupid, or classless as you put it.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject:

My Favorite PC vs. Mac Commercial
Enjoy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: