Who would everyone LIKE to see start at PG next season (be realistic)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would everyone like to see start at PG next season (be realistic)
Jaric
39%
 39%  [ 36 ]
GP
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Lue
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
D. Anderson (if cut)
22%
 22%  [ 21 ]
Watson
16%
 16%  [ 15 ]
Stoudamire
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 92

The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Who would everyone LIKE to see start at PG next season (be realistic)

Personally i would like to see Jaric or D. Anderson. However i think that GP might be the most REALISTIC.
Vayacondios
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Is Jaric realistic? I find it hard to believe he's willing to go for the 2-year deal, although the Lakers represent a clear starting job and 36 mpg if he wants it. Besides, the Clippers would be sure to match the money part of the offer. If they gave Rebraca $4MM per year, Marko's worth at least the MLE.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject:

not gonna be on a restricted offer sheet....it's gonna be through a sign and trade if we do get Jaric.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I'd be fine with all these choices, but I think we have the best chance of getting GP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject:

The list is ludicrous, the only guys whe me might be able to get are Stoudamire, Payton and Lue. Of the three, I would take Stoudamire.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject:

If Anderson is cut (which is being reported in some Oregon papers) then i think he becomes a very realistic option. I included Watson and Jaric becouse one: i would like to see Jaric with the lakers and two: because they have both been discussed, heavely, in this forum.

This list is merly to guage the preferences of the people/ fans on this forum.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I would like Anderson, only because Jaric is not realistic, but only if Anderson really wants to take on the role as the starting PG, that may not be a position he wants to play, having to chase around smaller players all game, so if he wan't up for it I don't know if I would really want him, so then I would probably move onto Watson, then Stoudemire, then GP, then Lue, I just don't see Lue as a starter.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject:

jaric and watson aren't realistic.

if its the mle - i want damon jones.

but from talking to several bucks fans lately, i think we could have a shot at trading for mo williams.

these are the 2 best guys of our realistic options.

sadly - the lakers haven't been mentioned as having interest in either.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject:

I wish Jaric was a realistic option. Since I don't think he is, I voted for Payton... no surprise to you all I'm sure.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Bring in Derek Andreson!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Easy choice for me with Jaric. He's a great, great fit for our system. He has the physical tools to become a better defender (not a great defender, but he could become better than average especially with his length), he's a great 3ball shooter, excellent length, good ast/to ratio.

That's where your poll gets tricky though. Jaric has been my favorite FA this whole offseason, even above AD (partly because of Jaric's youth and the potential that he could be our long term starter).

Still, "realistically?" we aren't even pursuing Jaric, the Clips are unlikely to deal him to us, and he's likely (like Watson) to go somewhere he can get more than the 2 guaranteed years we would offer him.

So that knocks Jaric and Watson off the "realistic" list to me. Of those who you have left on your list, I'd probably go with D. Anderson slightly (slightly old, lost step on D), over Payton (way too old, might be a bandaid but no chance at helping us long term), Mouse (technically younger than Payton but is up there with DA), and Lue (I like his youth, just don't think he's a good starter for the tri, would love him as a backup though).

So D. Anderson I suppose is my "realistic" choice. And for what it's worth, that could also be in a trade of some kind as has been rumored at times (most commonly DA and Ruben to us for expirings).

I will say...

As much as they aren't FA's, Houston has flirted with some PG's, including Watson and Mouse. If they sign one, Mike James is likely expendable to them, and he'd be a great fit (not necessarily better than Jaric or Watson, but better than any of the otherwise "realistic" choices on your poll). I'd also say Jason Williams is at least potentially a "realistic" pickup with the right trade. We have some West friendly players on our team, if only a couple, but it might be possible. JWill isn't my favorite, but I think if he's a legit possibility he's certainly in the ballpark of the realistic guys on your poll.

Soda
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
I wish Jaric was a realistic option. Since I don't think he is, I voted for Payton... no surprise to you all I'm sure.

Yeah no surprise there Vlade You've probably been the biggest Payton booster on the board since he was rumored to have an interest. I am like you, having grown up loving Payton's game through most all of his career. I've never had a problem with his trash talk, in fact I think in alot of cases it's really helped his team, at least during game time.

I gotta admit though I'm not probably quite as high on him, and that mostly just his age. I wouldn't mind bringing in Payton, so long as we also bring in a young PG to balance things out. I don't wanna bring in two "old heads" who will both disappear come contention time and leave us needing to start all over in teaching another PG the triangle.

Payton/Lue for instance, not a bad setup for us because Lue can learn from Payton, already knows the tri, and is young enough to continue on with us after 2 years if he pans out and potentially end up a very solid backup in our system.

Payton/Mouse or Mouse/Payton? No thanks. Likewise for any combination of DA, Payton, Mouse, etc.

I'm with ya (and have probably boosted this guy as much as you have with Payton) on Jaric, and thereafter Watson. They're just no likely to come here with our 2007 strategy such a priority.

Jaric, Watson, Mike James, Damon Jones, Payton, JWill, Lue, Mouse.

Easy for me to shuffle that a bit, but ignoring realism, that's probably roughly my board.

Soda
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject:

Marko is a great point, I think for Kobe styles of play too slow. Derek Anderson is a better fit than Jaric becuase you know you'll run up and down the court more with him. Plus Jaric is pretty inconsistent on defense. Not saying the D.A is any better but more athletic.
nextphenom23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject:

What about J-Will I see him being more realistc than Jaric

The Spurs will never live up to the dynasty we created
T I
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject:

nextphenom23 wrote:
What about J-Will I see him being more realistc than Jaric

White Chocolate is way to undisciplined to run the triangle.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject:

BEST REASONABLE OPTION

Jaric is the best fit as a big lead guard in the triangle. He can shoot, and shoot from distance. He's an excellent distributor of the ball. He also plays defense.

A GOOD OPTION

Lue knows the triangle. He can shoot and defend small guards. He's a bit small, but would add to the team.

A SOLID OPTION

Earl Watson is a decent guard, but is a bit small. He can fill a role of small guard defender. He's a marginal starter, but an excellent role player off the bench.

A DECENT OPTION

GP? Been there. Done that. However, he can be someone to fill until the young guards can develop. I would hate to burn the MLE on GP.

NOT REALLY STARTING OPTIONS

Derek Anderson isn't a PG, but he might make a decent backup SG. He might be a decent LLE.

Damon Stoudamire is definitely too small. He doesn't play much defense. He can play a role on the team. He might be a veteran minimum player.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject:

il tell ya none i want it to be pargo u guys saw what he did last year against the wizards this guy is cluth i dont care about big guards this what i hope what happens we split the MLE with lue and pargo and for LLE jon barry to back up kobe or play some point we dont need no bigs where fine plus its not for sure DA or rose get cut but if they do we should go after them but this would be nice to we need some guards just like phill said we can get away with that we dont need a dominate big man to be good but just incase divac retires we get elden campell remember him he did nice last year agaisnt shaq so this is would be a deep lineup if they get all these guys and of course i know jon barry and eldem campeel are pld but there not gonna star there gonna be put in situans but if u guys are worried about billups thats why we got kobe to gaurd the big guards so he wont get tired a i think pargo can hang with hamilton and are staring lineup is atheltic enough to compete with pheonix and we have some bodys covering shaq but the team im worried the most is san antiono the y have so many matchups problems so i say if we go to the playoffs thats the team that can elimante us like that but o well this my projected starting lineup

mihm/divac or campell/bynum
brown/grant/cook
odom/walton/george
bryant/jj/wafer
pargo/lue/barry

now thats a deep lineup
Kobe-Wan Kenobi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject:

and just how many games do u think that lineup is going to win?
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

brown/grant/cook
odom/walton/george
bryant/jj/wafer
pargo/lue/barry

now thats a deep lineup

Actually if we had that lineup i think we would be making a lateral movement from last year. Another 34 win season.....
Green45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject:

The_Lakers_Show wrote:
laker4life wrote:

brown/grant/cook
odom/walton/george
bryant/jj/wafer
pargo/lue/barry

now thats a deep lineup

Actually if we had that lineup i think we would be making a lateral movement from last year. Another 34 win season.....

With that lineup we would probably have a higher lottery pick than last year.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject:

None of the above. My choice is Flip Murray. But from the given list, I'll choose Derek Anderson.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject:

wasnt it jaric last year talking crap about the lakers?
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Definitely Watson.
Light It Up
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject:

1. Jalen Rose
2. DA
3. Watson
4. Stoudamire

In that order 8)
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Light It Up wrote:
1. Jalen Rose
2. DA
3. Watson
4. Stoudamire

In that order 8)

I'd agree with that, but i personally dont see Toranto cutting Rose for some reason.... hope im wrong
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: