*** LAKERS vs BLAZERS 4/8 Game Thread - Sponsored by Jacked.com ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trajan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Not surprised but disappointed. Not surprised that we got beaten yet again at the Rose Garden with Roy in the lineup. Disappointed that this team lacks the heart to win games against these kinds of teams.

Yeah, say goodbye to the #1 seed. They had their chance but threw it away like they didn't want it.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cardom wrote:
We are not tied with Houston in loss column. If they win out we will be 5th seed.

We won't win out. We have Phoenix at home (and we have no bigs), and Denver then Utah on the road....and that trip is a back-to-back at that. I would say worry about Phoenix, but you are already up 1 game and they still have SA, us and GS. You guys still have NO and SA, but at least they are home games.

So I would be shocked to see you fall out of the #3 seed unless you lose two more and Pho wins out.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

Our defense was horrible. Poor Lamar, I bet he feels so bad... I hope he realizes no one important is mad at him or anything, and plays on. Kobe needs to go Kobe on the Blazers. I hope they chant ''Kobe sucks'' again to make him mad. Seeing him plead scared me, I thought he would get a Technical. (Oops, it said invalid session, that last part was old.)

Why do we always lose there... We needed this win since New Orleans won. We pretty much just killed our chances at winning the West. Missed free throws hurt us. That last play where Roy got the and 1, if we had stopped that, we could have won... I wish we had some decent last line of defense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I don't like coaches who sit 90% of the time during the game

He's been sitting like that for 9 championships, that's why he's known as Chief Sitting Bull.

he could afford to sit with a team veteran team that has Jordan and Pippen, with Rodman and Grant. they are defensive ballers.

we have a young team, that doesn't play defense. Kobe is the only recognized defensively in the team

Quote:
Lakers could probably get a coach who jumps up and down, but doesn't come with the sort of clout that Phil brings.

what clout? His clout couldn't prevent the dubious flagrant in the 3rd, the bias versus Kobe through the years...the Pistons freethrow parade in 2004.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
former_statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:

If they are healthy, Portland will be the best team in the NBA next year.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject:

former_statman wrote:
If they are healthy, Portland will be the best team in the NBA next year.

I think Portland will be scary next year, and for years to come as long as Oden is healthy. Aldridge is the real deal and he can provide the points while Oden handles the defensive end. I'm not sure how long Frye is locked up...but he is a nice back-up with range on his shot. And they have Roy (I'm still pissed my Rockets barely missed out on him). Oh, and a lotto pick this year.

If they can pay everyone they will be scary....
former_statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject:

They are stacked at every position, have an excellent coach, and play the right way. As long as Oden isn't a bust, they will be contending for years.
Jerry Atrick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject:

We better hope that Drew comes back strong next season and that Oden has a typical rocky rookie season. Portland has a very good team, with few if any scrubs. Nate is a very good coach and has his team's ears.

I like their back court. I can't believe how few shots they missed. Their front court might be great, depending how good Odem turns out. Not only that, their forwards are excellent.

I would trade anyone not named Kobe, Gasol or maybe Vlad or Sasha for Brandon Roy, but why would they do that.

Regards, J. Atrick
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48
Jump to: