Don't Look Now, but Pau is Putting up KG-type Numbers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I posted this on LakersNation: http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2008/04/07/nation-discussion-pau-to-lakers-equally-an-impact-as-kg-is-to-boston/

I def. agree that his impact is close to what KG's is... however, KG has the defensive fire - yet we have that with Kobe. I think the combo of Gasol+Odom is already better than the Boston trio, and when Bynum gets back, look out...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject:

MadLaker wrote:
Gasol is not as good as KG right now

But he's younger and that's ALL that matters

He's a Laker, that is all that matters.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Critical Beatdown wrote:
Actually, neither guy is putting up classic KG numbers.

Because KG has teammates this year. So does Pau and now the numbers even out. Offensively, anyway.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Pau was still the better trade. Sure KG is the better player easily, but Pau can do similar things if not nearly the same exact thing on offense, he's younger, and we didn't have to give up Odom or Bynum to get him.

That goes without saying.

There are two distinctly different comparisons here:

1) Pau vs. KG

2) Proposed (and completed) Pau deal vs. proposed (and rejected) KG deal.

The first one is waaaaaay closer than the second one, from our perspective anyway.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
^^I didn't say Pau was better. I said he is "...Putting KG-type Numbers!"

That's because defense doesn't factor into statistics

Of course it does. Obviously, numbers don't tell the whole story -- but when you consider all the numbers you get a good idea. Many players average over a block or over a steal per game, meaning they're either adept at reading passing lanes and have quick hands, or are long and lanky with the timing to block shots.

When you get someone averaging over a block AND a steal, you can automatically deduce that you're looking at a very active defensive player.

Pau averages more blocks than KG, technically, but I think KG's block numbers are more impressive than Pau's in concert with his steal numbers.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
I posted this on LakersNation: http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2008/04/07/nation-discussion-pau-to-lakers-equally-an-impact-as-kg-is-to-boston/

I def. agree that his impact is close to what KG's is... however, KG has the defensive fire - yet we have that with Kobe. I think the combo of Gasol+Odom is already better than the Boston trio, and when Bynum gets back, look out...

Lakers Dynasty 2000 is one of the wisest posters in LG history! When Drew returns, Pau's impact will increase even more. Just watch...
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:

"Keep Odom" (from Lakernation.com) wrote the following which I think is interesting:

We are talking about which player had the best impact not which player is better. Lets not confuse things. So, as far as their impact, Pau’s was much greater for reasons that have been metioned. For starters, he allows our team to be better because it allows Odom to play his natural position. He takes pressure off of Kobe and KG doesn’t take pressure off of anyone except for Ray A. But, the biggest diference is that his height has improved our interior all around. Odom, Bynum, Gasol are going to be something to wrecken with for Years!. The same cannot be said about the celtics. Also, with KG the Celtics mortaged their future and because of Pau’s age he only secured ours. Even after Kobe is gone. Who do the Celtics have once KG is gone? So who had the biggest impact? Pau without a doubt. Just think if we would of had to of given up (Lamar, Farmar and Bynum) to get KG! Hell no!. I’ll take the Spaniard!

Regardless, I am glad we have Pau and didn't have to mortgage our future for a 32 year old player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: