Scoop: Brett Favre to be on the cover of Madden 09

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Scoop: Brett Favre to be on the cover of Madden 09

That would explain his Letterman appearance tonight... oh well he found a way to avoid the curse

Retire

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/scoop-brett-favre-to-cover-madden-nfl-09/?biz=1

Quote:
Scoop: Brett Favre to Cover Madden NFL 09

While speculation might suggest Eli Manning or Adrian Peterson, EA has gone with longtime Packers star Brett Favre. The announcement is expected tonight on Letterman.
Posted by James Brightman on Thursday, April 24, 2008
GameDaily BIZ has discovered that Electronic Arts is preparing to announce recently retired Green Bay Packers quarterback and three-time AP MVP Brett Favre as the cover athlete for the upcoming Madden NFL 09, which is slated to hit store shelves on August 12.

According to the Facebook page for Madden NFL 09, the cover athlete is expected to be announced on April 25. Moreover, a quick check of the CBS schedule for Late Show with David Letterman shows that Favre is going to appear as one of Dave's guests tonight (April 24). For the past few years, EA has used late-night shows to announce the Madden cover. Last year Jimmy Kimmel's show was used to announce Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young for Madden 08.

Related: History of the Madden Cover Curse

Choosing a retired player to cover the game is certainly an interesting choice, but this year's Madden represents the 20th anniversary of the popular football franchise, so perhaps EA wanted to do something unique. And Favre is unquestionably one of the best to ever play the game, leading the Packers to two Super Bowls, in addition to compiling records for most career NFL touchdown passes, most career NFL passing yards, most career pass completions, and most career victories as a starting quarterback, so it's hard to argue with EA's choice.

At least Favre can't be affected by the dreaded Madden cover curse, unless of course his retirement package suddenly falls apart...

We've pinged EA for confirmation and are still waiting to hear back.
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject:

The question remains: Now will Brett Favre trip down the stairs or something? I hope not...
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
The question remains: Now will Brett Favre trip down the stairs or something? I hope not...

That would be good!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:

Or cut himself using his tractor.. wow this is the real test.. if something happens to him outside of Football only then its real otherwise the curse might be broken
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I think him having lost a brother (in law?) and father during his football career is bad enough. I hope he can just enjoy retirement.

I wonder if he can retire in obscurity, or if he will need to still remain in the spotlight? By the way things are going, it appears to be the latter.

I like how John Stockton retired.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I think him having lost a brother (in law?) and father during his football career is bad enough. I hope he can just enjoy retirement.

I wonder if he can retire in obscurity, or if he will need to still remain in the spotlight? By the way things are going, it appears to be the latter.

I like how John Stockton retired.

If he's staying in the spotlight, it's because he wants to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: