5 Reasons why the Lakers will make the playoffs...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Lakers make the Playoffs?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 52 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 64

bmaczback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: 5 Reasons why the Lakers will make the playoffs...

1. PHIL JACKSON- Obviously one of the, if not, the best coaches of all time is back in LA. Just a basketball mastermind...
2. KOBE BRYANT'S HEALTH- After a injury-plagued season last year, Kobe played just 66 games and strugled shooting just 43%, his lowest since the '97-'98 season. He's back now, bigger and badder than ever. I think we will see a repeat '02-'03 season, in which he averaged 30, 7, 6, while shooting 47% from the field. Definetly will improve...
3. DEFENSE- Assuming the Kwame deal goes through, and taking in consideration Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, the Lakers finally have the big men on the inside to block shots and do the dirty work. This will also take off the double and triple teaming of Kobe Bryant.
4. CHUCKY'S GONE- finally, we dont have a midget running the PG who jacked up 455 3-pointers last season. Anyone the Lakers decide to put at 1 will perform better than Crapkins...
5. NEW LINEUP- Just my opinion but a lineup like this...
PG-Kobe?Sasha
SG-Kobe
SF- Lamar/Jones
PF- Turiaf/Walton/Lamar
X- Kwame/Bynum
...is a pretty defensive team!
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject:

GOLAKERS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
HawaiianPunch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Reasons why the Lakers will make the playoffs...

bmaczback wrote:
1. PHIL JACKSON- Obviously one of the, if not, the best coaches of all time is back in LA. Just a basketball mastermind...
2. KOBE BRYANT'S HEALTH- After a injury-plagued season last year, Kobe played just 66 games and strugled shooting just 43%, his lowest since the '97-'98 season. He's back now, bigger and badder than ever. I think we will see a repeat '02-'03 season, in which he averaged 30, 7, 6, while shooting 47% from the field. Definetly will improve...
3. DEFENSE- Assuming the Kwame deal goes through, and taking in consideration Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, the Lakers finally have the big men on the inside to block shots and do the dirty work. This will also take off the double and triple teaming of Kobe Bryant.
4. CHUCKY'S GONE- finally, we dont have a midget running the PG who jacked up 455 3-pointers last season. Anyone the Lakers decide to put at 1 will perform better than Crapkins...
PG-Kobe?Sasha
SG-Kobe
SF- Lamar/Jones
PF- Turiaf/Walton/Lamar
X- Kwame/Bynum

I like the positive outlook, but...

1) You have Kobe playing 2 positions, and in Sasha is in there, thats not good.

2) Turiaf isnt playing this year

3) Walton wont play PF

I do agree though, L.A. will be a playoff team...I like your other points.
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Maybe.
KoBeLuvver
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject:

DJB always is so frrriiiicken pessimistic. Geez! Always so negative!
bmaczback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Reasons why the Lakers will make the playoffs...

HawaiianPunch wrote:
bmaczback wrote:
PG-Kobe?Sasha
SG-Kobe
SF- Lamar/Jones
PF- Turiaf/Walton/Lamar
X- Kwame/Bynum

3) Walton wont play PF

then who do you suggest we put at PG...
also, i thought turiaf was recoverd and would play?
whats wrong with walton playing PF?
bmaczback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Reasons why the Lakers will make the playoffs...

oh yeah, reason #6 we are the Lakers baby! we cant have 2 crappy seasons in a row!
HawaiianPunch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Reasons why the Lakers will make the playoffs...

bmaczback wrote:
HawaiianPunch wrote:
bmaczback wrote:
PG-Kobe?Sasha
SG-Kobe
SF- Lamar/Jones
PF- Turiaf/Walton/Lamar
X- Kwame/Bynum

3) Walton wont play PF

1) Im suggesting that the Lakers will pick up a player who will be the starting PG...it wont be Kobe, it wont be Sasha.

2) Turiaf just had open heart surgury...that alone should tell you he cant play basketball 2 months later. But it's also been reported that hes out for at least this year numerous times.

3) I like Walton, but he is a SF...thats it. At his height, he is way to weak to play PF. Simple as that.
bmaczback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Reasons why the Lakers will make the playoffs...

HawaiianPunch wrote:
bmaczback wrote:
HawaiianPunch wrote:
bmaczback wrote:
PG-Kobe?Sasha
SG-Kobe
SF- Lamar/Jones
PF- Turiaf/Walton/Lamar
X- Kwame/Bynum

3) Walton wont play PF

1) Im suggesting that the Lakers will pick up a player who will be the starting PG...it wont be Kobe, it wont be Sasha.

2) Turiaf just had open heart surgury...that alone should tell you he cant play basketball 2 months later. But it's also been reported that hes out for at least this year numerous times.

3) I like Walton, but he is a SF...thats it. At his height, he is way to weak to play PF. Simple as that.

6-8? thats not that short...i think luke walton could do it...
In the paint
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject:

First of all we do not know what our team is yet. Mitch says he is not done yet and hopefully that is true. Secondly, we do not yet have a a starting point guard. Vujacic is not even an NBA caliber player and Parker is a backup. My third point is that we need another big man that can play alot of minutes and provide quality low post defense and rebounding. Neither Kwame nor Mihm have been able to log big minutes in previous years and play a consistent all around game. Brian Grant is another year older and can only make a limited contribution. If Cook and Slava play alot of minutes I don't think we will be very good. Of course Bynum is not close to being ready to contribute although I hope they can find some playing time to help him develop.

I think this leaves us in a position where we don't know what to expect again this coming year. Hopefully, by the time the season starts, the roster is improved.
HRE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Reasons why the Lakers will make the playoffs...

bmaczback wrote:
PG-Kobe?Sasha
SG-Kobe
SF- Lamar/Jones
PF- Turiaf/Walton/Lamar
X- Kwame/Bynum

Turiaf?

Walton at PF?

Kobe starting at two positions?

By the looks of it the answer to your question is "NO".
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject:

KoBeLuvver wrote:

How am I negative?

At this point, I see the Lakers on the fence, perhaps catching the 7th or 8th seed, but I could easily see them on the outside looking in.

Negative would have been "no"; look up the definition of the word.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject:

I don't see a team coached by PJ missing the playoffs...that coming from someone who doesn't like PJ.
zagnut08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject:

if you watch a lakers game you will know walton is horribly undersized to gaurd the pfs in the west...and no turiaf cannot play this year

if we have your lineup we dont make it, but if you update it to what is happening then yes I think we make it with the 7th seed
SCAR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:

If we don't have another injury-plagued season, I expect us to make the playoffs. I think Kobe will have an MVP-type season and Lamar and Kwame will become a great forward tandem. Phil will demand them to find a defensive intensity and I expect them to be a top 6 team in the west.
bumrusherer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject:

KoBeLuvver wrote:

''geez'' calm down, He is obviously unsure, hence the reason why he said maybe.

oh, and yes, we will make the playoffs.
c728
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject:

KoBeLuvver wrote:

Yeah. You're a fan of his work too, I see.
HRE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject:

Frrriiiick, djbeezy.

Your lack of outrageous optimism is soooooooooo pessimistic.

Jeeeebus.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject:

Sorry but they are not making the playoffs.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject:

I guess it's impressive that you managed to bump a 10 year old thread, but otherwise it's really sort of childish and pathetic.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:

^ lol who pissed in your cereal this morning
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject:

What the (bleep)?

!...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
What the (bleep)?

Look at the post date....

..... or maybe you have and are wondering why it's here.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject:

^ Mindripper2000 just wanted to play with our minds, fitting I suppose considering the screen name.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

^ Interesting that I must have missed that poll, since I didn't happen to vote and it's a year after I joined LG, so I guess I hadn't gotten into the season for that year yet.... Wow, that's a ways back, not an easy find.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: